+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
WE GOT OUR OWP!!!!! We are so happy!

A question. her visa expires in December, if she doesn't get the PR before that, what do we need to do to extend that? I heard before that people have driven down to the border, gone out and back in and talked the agent at the border and got it extended, is this true?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lisaar

Lisaar

Apr 18, 2017
WE GOT OUR OWP!!!!! We are so happy!

A question. her visa expires in December, if she doesn't get the PR before that, what do we need to do to extend that? I heard before that people have driven down to the border, gone out and back in and talked the agent at the border and got it extended, is this true?
OMG!! Congratulations!!
I think you have to renew the visa if she doesn't get the PR but I think if she is going out of the country only. It is better is you call to CIC and make sure about it!!

Reactions: joeythecat

Mark_mabanag

Aug 8, 2017
I sumitted my pr/owp application on June 6th 2017 *received date* . Haven't recieved any emails yet, anyone knows what date they are currently processing now?

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
All round congratulations!!!!! The people at the border i would not take the chance to do extensions for any reason unless you dont have a choice.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Oh nice! I hope so! I am so excited about because that will let me work live out which I am looking forward to it.
Please ensure you get your health card extended before you start moving around..... Because went to do my health card and because work permit is open you have to get an employment letter with at least 6month term employment. You ever hear such a thing?

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
And the man questioning me like is a police interrogation? Ontario!!! Now that you have a open work permit you still have to have a term of employment the employer to get the full health coverage!!??

I am praying now that God quicken the the PR and put an end to all this red tape mobo jombo!!!

Reactions: joeythecat

jeni10

May 21, 2017
Please ensure you get your health card extended before you start moving around..... Because went to do my health card and because work permit is open you have to get an employment letter with at least 6month term employment. You ever hear such a thing?
I went to service ontario yesterday to renew my health card (will expire in Sept), since I haven't received my new work permit (which was sent to me on Aug 2), he told me to come back with a work letter and new work permit that states I will be working for at least 6 mos even though I will be working with the same employer.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
oh man. my fiancées health card expires in December. she doesn't have a job right now, she is looking for a part time or full time job at a clothing store or something. How will she be able to extend her health card? no store is going to write an employment letter for her.

GodisGreat1

Aug 9, 2017
I applied (received) since March 20. & got my Owp returned to me because i paid $100 fee, but i mailed another $155 fee to cic as additional information. Received on 24thMarch. But i still got my application returned to me in April. Resent it nd received May 4th. I still havent received my work permit. So tiring. Only i trust God all this will end soon. So stressing.

Em11

Jan 28, 2016
And the man questioning me like is a police interrogation? Ontario!!! Now that you have a open work permit you still have to have a term of employment the employer to get the full health coverage!!??

I am praying now that God quicken the the PR and put an end to all this red tape mobo jombo!!!
I am in a similar situation. My Heath card expires in October. I am on maternity leave and they wont extend it cause i need a job letter. I am not returning to be a live in caregiver so they asked me to appeal to get it extended or wait until i get the pr eligibility letter.
If you have the pr eligibility letter you can extend your health card without a job letter.