+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

SyedAbbas

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 June 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Respected Sir Qorax and all seniors! I'm checking on different forums, number of post 2008 cases are being rejected due to mismatch of job description on expereience letter:

I'm March 2005 applicant and have 5+ years of expereience in two banks i.e. UBL and ABL. I've got experience letters from both banks but there is no detail of job description. It says that employee number xxxx worked in bank as xxxx and during his job his conduct was satisfactory and he left the job at his own will.

I even contacted HR department and got reply from them that this is bank policy and we can't issue experience letter specific to immigration needs. Please advise me what should I do?

Sincere Regards

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
qorax said:
1. U can carry as much u can, to ur heart's content, it'd not attract any tax/levies.
2. For goods of high worth u must have a form-B4 & their colored pictures.

Qorax
Hi qorax
I just wanted a clarification on taking money/funds on the first arrival to Canada. You say that we can take to our hearts content without any tax/levies.
But I think we need to pay tax/TDS here in our home country when we leave. Do you think the country where we live will spare us and let us take a chunk of amount to any foreign country? Please throw some light on this issue. Thank you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lika said:
Hi qorax
I just wanted a clarification on taking money/funds on the first arrival to Canada. You say that we can take to our hearts content without any tax/levies.
But I think we need to pay tax/TDS here in our home country when we leave. Do you think the country where we live will spare us and let us take a chunk of amount to any foreign country? Please throw some light on this issue. Thank you.
Regrets, I wouldn't know the taxation policy of ur country.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
If the money was earned legally then tax has already been paid for in your country .What you need to worry about are the bank charges for the transaction of your funds to a canadian bank.These charges vary depending on the bank,but funds cannot be taxed twice in the same country unless they were not properly declared.

boshetunmai

Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31.10.2011 (Sponsor approved)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the great detailed description of landing procedure.

My husband will be landing in a few days and I had a couple questions (sorry if they have already been answered above, I looked through the last few pages of the thread and didn't find an answer).

1. Is there a minimum amount he should bring as proof of funds? Does he need to show how much he has available in his bank account, or just what he is bringing with him (He's immigrating through family class, I am the sponsor)

2. He isn't planning to bring very much in terms of belongings, probably just some clothes, personal documents and laptop. Should he still fill out the B4 and B4A forms and bring them with him for landing?

Thanks in advance.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
can we land at DIFFERENT city THAN mentioned in application as POE . i mentioned it as toronto but can i land directly at another place other than toronto.

pls suggest.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
sidestep4u said:
can we land at DIFFERENT city THAN mentioned in application as POE . i mentioned it as toronto but can i land directly at another place other than toronto.

pls suggest.
Yes, you can except Quebec

AOQ76

Oct 1, 2010
Dear Quorax and other seniors:
Just got our immigrant visa and currently working in the US, we plan to make our initial landing next month, stay for few days and come back to US to continue our work. However, my wife certificate for permanent residency has an accompanied medical surveillance paper for inactive tb which states that you have to make arrangement for public health dept to see you within 30 days upon arrival. I have the following questions:
1. I tried calling the BC public health dept that was provided on my wife's paper and told the operator my wife's case, she told me that the immigration upon landing is the one who will send them the form so that the health dept will send us a letter in 6 to 8 weeks for the schedule to see them, but when i told her that we are only making our initial landing and will be leaving canada soon and be back in a year time to permanently settle, she told me to tell the immigration officer that we are only making initial landing and probably my wife does not have to do the medical surv until we permanently settle.

What is your opinion? Do you think we should tell the immigration officer that we will only stay for few days and ask on how to go about the med surv? Will telling the truth to immigration officer adversely affect the issuance of our pr card, meaning he might not process our pr card since we will not be staying permanently yet.

2. Is the photo attached by visa office on the certificate of permanent residency, the one that they will use for pr card? Im worried that if that is the photo that they will be using for pr card, my 5 month old baby might get rejected and cause a delay in his pr card since he was smiling on his photo, though it was accepted by the visa office, but i heard of many pr application rejection and they were notified only after months of waiting because of their photo.

I thank everyone for any kind of information that you can provide me regarding my concerns.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
AOQ76 said:
Dear Quorax and other seniors:
Just got our immigrant visa and currently working in the US, we plan to make our initial landing next month, stay for few days and come back to US to continue our work. However, my wife certificate for permanent residency has an accompanied medical surveillance paper for inactive tb which states that you have to make arrangement for public health dept to see you within 30 days upon arrival. I have the following questions:
1. I tried calling the BC public health dept that was provided on my wife's paper and told the operator my wife's case, she told me that the immigration upon landing is the one who will send them the form so that the health dept will send us a letter in 6 to 8 weeks for the schedule to see them, but when i told her that we are only making our initial landing and will be leaving canada soon and be back in a year time to permanently settle, she told me to tell the immigration officer that we are only making initial landing and probably my wife does not have to do the medical surv until we permanently settle.

What is your opinion? Do you think we should tell the immigration officer that we will only stay for few days and ask on how to go about the med surv? Will telling the truth to immigration officer adversely affect the issuance of our pr card, meaning he might not process our pr card since we will not be staying permanently yet.

2. Is the photo attached by visa office on the certificate of permanent residency, the one that they will use for pr card? Im worried that if that is the photo that they will be using for pr card, my 5 month old baby might get rejected and cause a delay in his pr card since he was smiling on his photo, though it was accepted by the visa office, but i heard of many pr application rejection and they were notified only after months of waiting because of their photo.

I thank everyone for any kind of information that you can provide me regarding my concerns.
1. After ur entry into Canada u r required to visit the nearest Health Canada office to log-in ur Med. Surv. form & take it further from there. The whole process will take u 6 months. There'd be regular visits to a designated Health Clinic & the person will be monitored.

2. They use the same pictures as in the COPR. Sometimes, it'd not match their requirements for the PR cards, why? -unknown.

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi Qorax,
Initially we were planning to land in Toronto but now has changed our plans since we are planning to visit US along with Canada.
It would be very helpful if you could provide your expert advice on the below.

We are travelling from UAE to complete our landing formalities and out travel plans are as below.Since we have a valid US B1/B2 visa ( tourist visa) we are planning to land in US , immediately fly to Canada on next flight & complete the landing formalities & come back to US for a short vacation before flying back to UAE.

Our plan is to land in Seattle, take an immediate flight to Calgary ( direct or via Vancouver) stay with my relatives for a day & complete the landing formalities before flying back to Seattle & stay for few days with my relatives before flying back to UAE.

I have some doubts

1.)When landing in US we will be filling an I94 form at immigration which will be stapled with our passport. Immediately after coming out we are taking a flight to Canada.Will this be a problem to travel to Canada the same day after arriving in US.

2.)We are planning to retain our I 94 form when travelling to Canada since we will be coming back to US in a day or two.So at the Port of landing in Canada ( Calgary) will this be a problem if the Canadian Authorities see a I 94 form stapled since they may think that we will be going back? or can i take the I 94 form & keep separately & keep it back while i am coming back to US.

3.)In case if we are flying in from Seattle to vancouver to complete our landing process can i take a SIN card from vancouver & give the mailing address as Calgary.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
redindian22 said:
Hi Qorax,
Initially we were planning to land in Toronto but now has changed our plans since we are planning to visit US along with Canada.
It would be very helpful if you could provide your expert advice on the below.

We are travelling from UAE to complete our landing formalities and out travel plans are as below.Since we have a valid US B1/B2 visa ( tourist visa) we are planning to land in US , immediately fly to Canada on next flight & complete the landing formalities & come back to US for a short vacation before flying back to UAE.

Our plan is to land in Seattle, take an immediate flight to Calgary ( direct or via Vancouver) stay with my relatives for a day & complete the landing formalities before flying back to Seattle & stay for few days with my relatives before flying back to UAE.

I have some doubts

1.)When landing in US we will be filling an I94 form at immigration which will be stapled with our passport. Immediately after coming out we are taking a flight to Canada.Will this be a problem to travel to Canada the same day after arriving in US.

2.)We are planning to retain our I 94 form when travelling to Canada since we will be coming back to US in a day or two.So at the Port of landing in Canada ( Calgary) will this be a problem if the Canadian Authorities see a I 94 form stapled since they may think that we will be going back? or can i take the I 94 form & keep separately & keep it back while i am coming back to US.

3.)In case if we are flying in from Seattle to vancouver to complete our landing process can i take a SIN card from vancouver & give the mailing address as Calgary.
There will be 'no problem' per se, vis-a-vis ur 'travel plan', but u may have to do lots of explanations, mainly@the Canadian POE.
-U can go to Calgary/Vancouver via Seattle, but why don't u do the other way round? That'd be simpler.
-U can retain the I-94 [though the procedure suggests u to return it] stating that u'd be visiting friends/relatives in the US in a day or two, for a short time & then returning back to Canada.
-Yes, u can fetch the SIN from any province, but why don't u do so in Calgary?

Qorax

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi Qorax,

Thanks a lot for the reply.
Actually i am not able to land first in Canada to complete the landing formalities & then go to US since I am an airline employ & the airline which i work operates only 3 flights weekly to Toronto from Dubai & the Toronto flight is full most of the times.

To US our airline operate many direct flights to different cities including the new daily flight to Seattle from Dubai starting March 1st.

As you have mentioned since i will have to do lot of explanation at the POE in Canada i think i would prefer to land directly in Toronto from UAE although i may have to reshudule my trip to a later date when the flight to Toronto is empty.

Thanks once again for your valuable advice,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
redindian22 said:
Hi Qorax,

Thanks a lot for the reply.
Actually i am not able to land first in Canada to complete the landing formalities & then go to US since I am an airline employ & the airline which i work operates only 3 flights weekly to Toronto from Dubai & the Toronto flight is full most of the times.

To US our airline operate many direct flights to different cities including the new daily flight to Seattle from Dubai starting March 1st.

As you have mentioned since i will have to do lot of explanation at the POE in Canada i think i would prefer to land directly in Toronto from UAE although i may have to reshudule my trip to a later date when the flight to Toronto is empty.

Thanks once again for your valuable advice,
We had one more friend like that on Trackitt, who had to keep rescheduling his 'free/discounted flight' while working with Emirates. Don't much worry on that Dubai-Seattle-Vacouver/Calgary plan... u'd be alright !

ainp.canada

Jan 4, 2012
Thank you everyone for their valuable advice on this forum. I am planning to land next week via Lewiston-Queenston Bridge (as per Qorax's recommendation) and return next day via either Rainbow bridge or Lewiston-Queenston Bridge by using AVR. I have a question regarding entering to Canada via Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, do we see the US immigration first before meeting with Canadian immigration post or directly have to go through Canadian immigration post. Also, I have applied for US GC and not sure it would have any impact on Canadian GC or vice versa.

Thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ainp.canada said:
Thank you everyone for their valuable advice on this forum. I am planning to land next week via Lewiston-Queenston Bridge (as per Qorax's recommendation) and return next day via either Rainbow bridge or Lewiston-Queenston Bridge by using AVR. I have a question regarding entering to Canada via Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, do we see the US immigration first before meeting with Canadian immigration post or directly have to go through Canadian immigration post. Also, I have applied for US GC and not sure it would have any impact on Canadian GC or vice versa.

Thanks.
1. U'd cross the US border post first & then the Canadia one.
2. Ur 'landing' activities would be completed@the Canadian BP itself.
3. Ur processing of USGC will not have any impact on ur Canadian 'Record of Landing'.

Qorax