+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

holmz20

Dec 28, 2010
Thanks for the quick response.
A further question regarding purchase of round trip tickets.
We will be landing In March with a stay of a month depending on if I get a job in toronto.
Question is I would like to get round trip tickets but dont want to be questioned at Toronto airport why I have return tickets. I am canadian and US citizen and will be working for same company in the US during my arrival in Toronto. My wife was sponsored by me and is the only person who needs to land. My intent is to return back to US within a month and then come back for good end of year.
Please advise if i should get one way tickets to toronto airport and after i enter that day a week later buy one way back to US.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
holmz20 said:
Thanks for the quick response.
A further question regarding purchase of round trip tickets.
We will be landing In March with a stay of a month depending on if I get a job in toronto.
Question is I would like to get round trip tickets but dont want to be questioned at Toronto airport why I have return tickets. I am canadian and US citizen and will be working for same company in the US during my arrival in Toronto. My wife was sponsored by me and is the only person who needs to land. My intent is to return back to US within a month and then come back for good end of year.
Please advise if i should get one way tickets to toronto airport and after i enter that day a week later buy one way back to US.
Nobody'd check ur tkts@the Canadian POE.

holmz20

Dec 28, 2010
Qorax,

I thought the IOE has a way in their system to check thats why I asked. I dont want extra questions for no reason.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
holmz20 said:
Qorax,

I thought the IOE has a way in their system to check thats why I asked. I dont want extra questions for no reason.
But the border officer asked if I have a return plane ticket when I used my non Canadian passport! I answered "no" and she started to ask me lots of questions....

jiteng02

Dec 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Scotland
NOC Code......
Dear Qorax,

I read somewhere that IMM 5455 Supplementary Identification Form is also required for applying PR Card, Is this required beforehand at POE or this is required to apply through post, kindly apply soon as my flight is on 7th Feb.

Jitender Verma
+919814008830

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jiteng02 said:
Dear Qorax,

I read somewhere that IMM 5455 Supplementary Identification Form is also required for applying PR Card, Is this required beforehand at POE or this is required to apply through post, kindly apply soon as my flight is on 7th Feb.

Jitender Verma
+919814008830
U don't need to do anything for the PR card...
it'd be applied online / automatically / by the BSO@POE while stamping ur COPR.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Hi Qorax

I am sending 4 big suitcases via Fedex from US to Canada and these are a part
of my Goods to follow. My query is what kind of documents do i need to provide
Fedex so that the Candian Customs doesnt access tax on these.

Will I be called by the cusotms to show my B4A when the suitcases reach canada? or
will these be delivered to the address i have provided? In case the customs puts tax on these
then how will they notify me to pay it and how can i get it waived

Pls Help as i need to send these in 2 days and am myself travelling on 2nd Feb

Regards
Avi

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
avi_15 said:
Hi Qorax

I am sending 4 big suitcases via Fedex from US to Canada and these are a part
of my Goods to follow. My query is what kind of documents do i need to provide
Fedex so that the Candian Customs doesnt access tax on these.

Will I be called by the cusotms to show my B4A when the suitcases reach canada? or
will these be delivered to the address i have provided? In case the customs puts tax on these
then how will they notify me to pay it and how can i get it waived

Pls Help as i need to send these in 2 days and am myself travelling on 2nd Feb

Regards
Avi
-U'd be called by ur shipping agent to come & 'clear' ur goods.
-U'd then have to 'show' ur pre-stamped B4.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Thank u sir for the clarification

Regards
Avi

qorax said:
-U'd be called by ur shipping agent to come & 'clear' ur goods.
-U'd then have to 'show' ur pre-stamped B4.

harsh001

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
Hi qorax..

Is it necessary to provide our home address
at the time of arrival in yyz...or
can we just collect the PR card forms from
Immigration officer and courier them later...

Please advise :)
regards
Harsh

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
harsh001 said:
Hi qorax..

Is it necessary to provide our home address
at the time of arrival in yyz...or
can we just collect the PR card forms from
Immigration officer and courier them later...

Please advise :)
regards
Harsh
A Canadian street address is required.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't have an address at the time of your landing, you can tell them that you will provide one later. You can notify them of the new address by changing it online, by calling the call centre or I have heard of people who landed who were given a fax number for that.

After you have arrived, you can set up a street address with UPS where they will forward you whatever mail you get to your home address that you give them. Some have said they have used a P.O. Box and it was accepted by CIC and you can also set up with Canada Post that they forward the mail from your P.O. Box to your home address that you give them. If you have friends or relatives in Canada, you can use their address but if the IO asks you on arrival if you will be staying at this address when the PR card arrives in the mail, if you say no, the IO may decide to withold the PR card until you have a permanent address of your own.

Worst case scenario, if you do not have an address to get the PR card sent to and must leave again to take care of things back home, you can apply for a travel document to get back into Canada and once you are back to stay, you can get the PR card sent to you. However, if that is more than 6 months after your landing, you would have to apply for the PR card, pay $50 and provide new pictures.

harsh001

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
Leon said:
If you don't have an address at the time of your landing, you can tell them that you will provide one later. You can notify them of the new address by changing it online, by calling the call centre or I have heard of people who landed who were given a fax number for that.

After you have arrived, you can set up a street address with UPS where they will forward you whatever mail you get to your home address that you give them. Some have said they have used a P.O. Box and it was accepted by CIC and you can also set up with Canada Post that they forward the mail from your P.O. Box to your home address that you give them. If you have friends or relatives in Canada, you can use their address but if the IO asks you on arrival if you will be staying at this address when the PR card arrives in the mail, should you say no, the IO may decide to withold the PR card until you have a permanent address of your own.

Worst case scenario, if you do not have an address to get the PR card sent to and must leave again to take care of things back home, you can apply for a travel document to get back into Canada and once you are back to stay, you can get the PR card sent to you. However, if that is more than 6 months after your landing, you would have to apply for the PR card, pay $50 and provide new pictures.

Thanks Leon