+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

ainp.canada

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks Qorax for your quick reply. What to expect at the US immigration post before entering into Canada and facing Canadian POE officials.

Thanks.

canada plus

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 24th, 2011
Dear Qorax,

For people who are landing for first time, is there any form we have to fill for PR card ? If so, which form ? or all we need to do is to give address where the PR card is sent ?

canada plus

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada plus said:
For people who are landing for first time, is there any form we have to fill for PR card ? If so, which form ? or all we need to do is to give address where the PR card is sent ?
For a new PR, the PR card is automatic. You do not have to fill out an application, just give an address.

manja_mali

Oct 19, 2011
Hi Qorax,

It has been an exhaustive week going through all these posts , many of my questions have been answered.
I have few questions I have not been able to get a satisfactory clarity on.

Appreciate it if you can point me to the right discussion or your thoughts on these.

Background: Plan to land in Canada on MArch 30th by Road to complete formalities & return to US in 4 to 5 days. Am waiting for my passport back from Detroit VO (hopefully will get my passport back by then). I will not be importing any car yet

1)Listing a CAR in B4 without a Title during landing: I plan to list my van & a car in B4 . I will be driving the van & have the title with me, but I do not yet have the title of my other car .
- If I list my other car with VIN & other details would it suffice to bring it in later, or should i provide the title ?

2) Proof Of Funds : I have a notarized declaration from my US bank with regard to be Bank Balances (they emailed it in PDF with Notary Seal). Would this suffice or should i carry a DD /Certified Check for 4 persons(CAD 30K+) ? See too many conflicting opinions with hwo I need to show POF

3) Money in Native Country : I also have some money from property sale in my Native country , I plan to move the money a bit later.
- How do I declare this when I land to ensure I do not have to pay additional tax when I do move this money to Canada. Shoudl I provide bank account details from my Native country for it ?

4) Jewellery : I was just planning my dad to take pictures of jewels , which I was going to include in my B4 with weight & value of gold & silver. Do i need an official appraiser to validate these or would pictures suffice?

Thanks
manja mali

qamar0002

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2007
Doc's Request.
17-12-2009,updated 1-2-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-12-2011, validity of medical extended till 30th Dec. 2013, by CHC
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
08/1/2013 passports sent on 17/01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Passports received on 13/02/2013, with God's Blessing and not by my efforts.
LANDED..........
Landed on 24th March, 2013 with the blessings of God
Re: LANDING IN CANADA

Dear Qorax Sir,

I am expecting PPR in near future. I want to know if I can land alone and my spouse follow
me on a later date. This is because of clash of dates of my wife's training schedual.

Will be thankful for an early reply....qamar0002

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: LANDING IN CANADA

qamar0002 said:
Dear Qorax Sir,

I am expecting PPR in near future. I want to know if I can land alone and my spouse follow
me on a later date. This is because of clash of dates of my wife's training schedual.

Will be thankful for an early reply....qamar0002
Yes, it's Ok.
She could enter Canada till the PRV expires on her pps [until a day earlier to that].

manja_mali

Oct 19, 2011
manja_mali said:
Hi Qorax,

It has been an exhaustive week going through all these posts , many of my questions have been answered.
I have few questions I have not been able to get a satisfactory clarity on.

Appreciate it if you can point me to the right discussion or your thoughts on these.

Background: Plan to land in Canada on MArch 30th by Road to complete formalities & return to US in 4 to 5 days. Am waiting for my passport back from Detroit VO (hopefully will get my passport back by then). I will not be importing any car yet

1)Listing a CAR in B4 without a Title during landing: I plan to list my van & a car in B4 . I will be driving the van & have the title with me, but I do not yet have the title of my other car .
- If I list my other car with VIN & other details would it suffice to bring it in later, or should i provide the title ?

2) Proof Of Funds : I have a notarized declaration from my US bank with regard to be Bank Balances (they emailed it in PDF with Notary Seal). Would this suffice or should i carry a DD /Certified Check for 4 persons(CAD 30K+) ? See too many conflicting opinions with hwo I need to show POF

3) Money in Native Country : I also have some money from property sale in my Native country , I plan to move the money a bit later.
- How do I declare this when I land to ensure I do not have to pay additional tax when I do move this money to Canada. Shoudl I provide bank account details from my Native country for it ?

4) Jewellery : I was just planning my dad to take pictures of jewels , which I was going to include in my B4 with weight & value of gold & silver. Do i need an official appraiser to validate these or would pictures suffice?

Thanks
manja mali
Hi Qorax,
Many calls over the weekend and few of these I have worked out
1) will take a rental car to land - going to cost me a bundle but other options have too many variables

Appreciate your thoughts or links to explain the other 3 issues . thank you

Fireguy

Aug 25, 2011
Hello Experts,
I have 2 questions regarding landing in Canada:

1. Do I need to attest my Dubai driving Experience letter from the Foreign Ministry or Canadian Embassy, or would Canada accept the original letter as I get it from RTA?

2. I will land in Toronto and stay there few days, then moving to Ottawa. Can I apply for the SIN in Toronto even though my permanent address will be Ottawa? Is there any other paperwork that I can do in Toronto during my few days stay there?

Thank you for the usual great help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fireguy said:
Hello Experts,
I have 2 questions regarding landing in Canada:

1. Do I need to attest my Dubai driving Experience letter from the Foreign Ministry or Canadian Embassy, or would Canada accept the original letter as I get it from RTA? If you would be getting your driver licence in Ontario, you should ask the Ontario Ministry of Transportation whether they accept or not. The federal government (Canada) doesn't issue driver licence itself.

2. I will land in Toronto and stay there few days, then moving to Ottawa. Can I apply for the SIN in Toronto even though my permanent address will be Ottawa? Is there any other paperwork that I can do in Toronto during my few days stay there? Toronto and Ottawa are in the same province, Ontario. You can apply the SIN anywhere in Canada.

Thank you for the usual great help.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
RE: PR CARD... how can we apply for our PRC if we already landed as TFW...?is it by mail? ::)

we are just waiting for our passports with IMMIGRANT visa from our visa office... :D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
faithyou said:
RE: PR CARD... how can we apply for our PRC if we already landed as TFW...?is it by mail? ::)

we are just waiting for our passports with IMMIGRANT visa from our visa office... :D
U don't need to apply for the PRCs, it'd be done automatically@the POE when u 'Land' for ur PR, notwithstanding whether u r in Canada on TFW or otherwise.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faithyou said:

When you get the PR visa, you have to land again as a PR. You can do this by making an appointment at the local CIC office in your town or you can leave Canada and come back again, for example at the land border to the US.

You will need a new SIN number once you have your PR.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
qorax said:
U don't need to apply for the PRCs, it'd be done automatically @ the POE when u 'Land' for ur PR, notwithstanding whether u r in Canada on TFW or otherwise.

Leon said:
When you get the PR visa, you have to land again as a PR. You can do this by making an appointment at the local CIC office in your town or you can leave Canada and come back again, for example at the land border to the US.

You will need a new SIN number once you have your PR.
thank you so much Sir Qorax & Sir Leon... ;D ;D ;D