+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

any1knowsme

Feb 1, 2012
hello, i have recently got my pr, iam gonna land in toronto next week, i wud like to know few things about proof of funds,,,,

my situation: iam gonna carry 3000 to 4000 canadian dollars in cash,,,,and i feel thts more thn sufficient for my survival for few months.

so according to immigration officer, i have to show proof of more thn 11,115.

if i carry remaining amount in cheque (not travellers cheque) will that be acceptable, if yes thn wat type of check,, cheque from my indian bank account or for eg cheque from my dads account or someone else account to my name. cheque will be in my name

bcoz im not gonna need tht cheque, so i can tear it off once i complete the immigration check, what if i carry demand draft or travellers cheque and ask my family members in india to cancel tht,is that possible for them to do it in india without me, remember i will not come to bank to india for sometime, so someone in india shud be able to cancel that, thts why i wanna carry cheque so i can tear it off once all done.
according to below cheque should be acceptable???? plz help me

Disclosure of funds

If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi All,

First of all let me thank all those who have shared their valuable information in this forum.
I am new to this forum & have few queries.

We ( myself, my wife & 3 year old daughter) are planning to arrive in Toronto by March to complete our basic landing formalities( PR/SIN card & if time permits to for G2 driving license).We are planning to stay only for few days( max of 1 week) before we fly back.

can any one recommend a good/budget hotel where we can stay for a week & which is near to service Canada centers & driving test centers.

is it possible to get a G2 Driving license in one week after landing if we are carrying the driving experience letter of more than 2 years from our current country.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
redindian22 said:
Hi All,

First of all let me thank all those who have shared their valuable information in this forum.
I am new to this forum & have few queries.

We ( myself, my wife & 3 year old daughter) are planning to arrive in Toronto by March to complete our basic landing formalities( PR/SIN card & if time permits to for G2 driving license).We are planning to stay only for few days( max of 1 week) before we fly back.

can any one recommend a good/budget hotel where we can stay for a week & which is near to service Canada centers & driving test centers.

is it possible to get a G2 Driving license in one week after landing if we are carrying the driving experience letter of more than 2 years from our current country.
1. Studio6 & Motel6 r ur best option/s.
2. Service Canada offices r located [nearly] in every area. That shouldn't be a problem.
3. It'd be pretty tough to get thru ur 'G' D/L within a week. U'd require 2xWeeks to 20 days@the least.

Qorax

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have recently Got my PR approval and I am planning to go to Toronto during end of febuary for few days and then I have to come back to USA because I am going to continue working until I finish my licensing exams in Canada. I would like to get an expert's suggestion on what is the best way to reenter Canada. I have a valid Visitor's visa for Canada until 2013. Would that help me for reentering Canada or I have to go through some other procedure for that?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

room3 said:
Hi,
I have recently Got my PR approval and I am planning to go to Toronto during end of febuary for few days and then I have to come back to USA because I am going to continue working until I finish my licensing exams in Canada. I would like to get an expert's suggestion on what is the best way to reenter Canada. I have a valid Visitor's visa for Canada until 2013. Would that help me for reentering Canada or I have to go through some other procedure for that?

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Once you become a PR, your visitor visa is invalid. You use your PR card to enter Canada, with a valid passport.

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PMM for the info!! One more question. When I apply for a PR card in toronto, am I allowed to give my USA adress? would they ship it to USA?

Thanks again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
room3 said:
Thanks PMM for the info!! One more question. When I apply for a PR card in toronto, am I allowed to give my USA adress? would they ship it to USA?

Thanks again.
No, you must give them a Canadian address. If you don't have one, you can ask them to hold the card until you do.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hello friends,

I am moving to Toronto last week of March. Can I give my friends address in Toronto for my PR? While I will be taking my own accommodation soon may be in a weeks time or so, is it okay to give my friends address and can I collect it from her? Do we need to be present in person to collect the PR card or does it come by post?

Thank you. Lika

Mhut

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23/02/2006
Med's Request
06/04/2011
Med's Done....
27/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
23/10/2011
Hi Lika,

We gave my cousins address and the PR card was posted to that address :),
good luck with your move.

Mhut

lika said:
Hello friends,

I am moving to Toronto last week of March. Can I give my friends address in Toronto for my PR? While I will be taking my own accommodation soon may be in a weeks time or so, is it okay to give my friends address and can I collect it from her? Do we need to be present in person to collect the PR card or does it come by post?

Thank you. Lika

khalid41

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
JUNE 2012
can some one give me CHC London email address.
i am waiting for PPR1 from more than 4 months i want to enquir them.
thanks.

Shaukat57

Nov 3, 2010
Multan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with application
File Transfer...
08-04-2011(RBVO) ,In-process with processing date:18 -o6-12
Med's Request
April 02,2013.
Med's Done....
29-April-2013
Interview........
Waived,Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 at 09-10-13, PPR-2 at 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
On-line Status:Decision Made at 26-10-13
LANDED..........
Planning
khalid41 said:
can some one give me CHC London email address.
i am waiting for PPR1 from more than 4 months i want to enquir them.
thanks.
Here it is :
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

ethan caelian

Feb 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi connoisseure qorax,

Me and my family will be migrating in ontario this april as family class, is it possible to carry USD$17,000 and can you give us some instructions for the jewels? Because my mom told me that she will bring all her jewels.

thank you,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ethan caelian said:
Hi connoisseure qorax,

Me and my family will be migrating in ontario this april as family class, is it possible to carry USD$17,000 and can you give us some instructions for the jewels? Because my mom told me that she will bring all her jewels.

thank you,
1. U can carry as much u can, to ur heart's content, it'd not attract any tax/levies.
2. For goods of high worth u must have a form-B4 & their colored pictures.

Qorax

ethan caelian

Feb 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much qorax and I hope you wont get tired of giving constructive advises, hopefully I can get to meet you in person. ;D