+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: SUBSEQUENT LANDING IN CANADA

Mar2900 said:
Dear qorax
VIP Member

Thanks a lot for providing ALL info in a same reach about FIRST LANDING. You are simply great as many of the followers shouts. Many of my questions are answers automatically just remaining still some:-

1. I purposely didn't take household luggage's at the first landing (only fulfilled the formalities within time limit). NOW I need to transfer huge amount of items during final shifting. In this case how can I process these personal belongings to transfer from UAE to Toronto without tax/ extra charges (considering 1st full landing), as I didn't avail this facility on our 1st landing and i don't keep any further reference (that may require) due to my ignorance/ nobody highlighted this item that time to me. Please guide me in this regard...

2. As I know I can carry 10,000X 3-person= 30,000 CAD without declaration to custom. If more than that amount what will be the procedure now- please help me to carry to take more amount as per my requirement without tax. Also, please guide me that my wife can take all of her jewelries and imitations without extra taxes/ charges. your assiatance is required...
1 Did you complete the goods to follow form? If yes, then you cannot change that fact and you would therefore pay some tax.
2. Technically maybe, but as there is no penalty (or cost) for declaring over 10,000 then it would be better to declare the total.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Hello Qorax,

I am working in USA and I have got PPR. I am planning for

i) Landing
ii) Permanently move

(in 2 steps)

I have read your posts, and prepared the list of activities I need to take care on both occasions.

Can you please verify if I am missing any thing?

On landing:
1 Landing Process (Funds/ COPR / AVR / goods to follow lists)

2 Apply for SIN
3 Apply for PR Card
4 Apply for Medical Card
5 Apply for Bank account/ (secure) Credit Card

(I am planning to have all the filled forms ready in advance, and apply for activities 2-5 same day using my family friends address for communication)

Later on moving permanently in span of 6-12 weeks
1 Import Car
2 Apply for License (exchange with USA licence, and this can not be done in landing step as I would need USA license in USA)
3 Rental Housing / Kid's school

Please let me know if I am missing something..... and if you have any suggestions.

Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey dream100,

Since you won't be health care covered (at least in Ontario) immediately, be sure to buy travel insurance before your trip so that you can be covered on the first day you land and/or permanently move here.

Good luck!

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
steaky said:
Hey dream100,

Since you won't be health care covered (at least in Ontario) immediately, be sure to buy travel insurance before your trip so that you can be covered on the first day you land and/or permanently move here.

Good luck!
I just planning for Saturday to Tuesday.... and come back to USA?
Do you know if medical insurance can be applied for 1 week?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_dream100 said:
I just planning for Saturday to Tuesday.... and come back to USA?
Do you know if medical insurance can be applied for 1 week?
Sure

CoolCanada

Jul 20, 2011
Hi Qorax,

Your blog was very informative. I just got my Permanent Visa and planning to go for landing and complete formalities very soon.

My question - During my landing, I intend to complete the formalities and come back in a day or so. I will eventually return back to Canada in 6 -9 months. I am not sure what additional items I may have in future. Can I fill "Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A)" when I return to Canada after 6-9 months OR do I have to fill the form during landing (1st). I am concerned that I will have to pay customs if I fill "Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A)" during landing and buy new stuff and try to bring back when I return to Canada.

Looking forward for your response.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
CoolCanada said:
Hi Qorax,

Your blog was very informative. I just got my Permanent Visa and planning to go for landing and complete formalities very soon.

My question - During my landing, I intend to complete the formalities and come back in a day or so. I will eventually return back to Canada in 6 -9 months. I am not sure what additional items I may have in future. Can I fill "Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A)" when I return to Canada after 6-9 months OR do I have to fill the form during landing (1st). I am concerned that I will have to pay customs if I fill "Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A)" during landing and buy new stuff and try to bring back when I return to Canada.

Looking forward for your response.
I believe one need to fill "goods to follow" on first landing......
You can fill max. items you feel you may carry.... if you carry less items, no one complaints.....

CoolCanada

Jul 20, 2011
canada_dream100 thanks for your response. Just to confirm ....I can fill "Goods to follow" form when I return back to Canada. It is not mandatory to fill it during 1st landing. Correct?

Sure I can filll maximum number of items if I want to fill the form during 1st landing...But for suppose and for example sake... I filled I will bring one LCD TV....later I bought another one....the I will have to pay customs....it is very hard to predict...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CoolCanada said:
1. canada_dream100 thanks for your response. Just to confirm ....I can fill "Goods to follow" form when I return back to Canada. It is not mandatory to fill it during 1st landing. Correct?

2. Sure I can filll maximum number of items if I want to fill the form during 1st landing...But for suppose and for example sake... I filled I will bring one LCD TV....later I bought another one....the I will have to pay customs....it is very hard to predict...
1. U have to get the B4 stamped during your 1st landing.
2. If u have a variance between the listed item & the one@hand -- u'd have to pay its duties.

Qorax

khalid41

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
JUNE 2012
you always give good :) suggestions to all of us

:D thanks ;D

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
canada_dream100 said:
Hello Qorax,

I am working in USA and I have got PPR. I am planning for

i) Landing
ii) Permanently move

(in 2 steps)

I have read your posts, and prepared the list of activities I need to take care on both occasions.

Can you please verify if I am missing any thing?

On landing:
1 Landing Process (Funds/ COPR / AVR / goods to follow lists)

2 Apply for SIN
3 Apply for PR Card
4 Apply for Medical Card
5 Apply for Bank account/ (secure) Credit Card

(I am planning to have all the filled forms ready in advance, and apply for activities 2-5 same day using my family friends address for communication)

Later on moving permanently in span of 6-12 weeks
1 Import Car
2 Apply for License (exchange with USA licence, and this can not be done in landing step as I would need USA license in USA)
3 Rental Housing / Kid's school

Please let me know if I am missing something..... and if you have any suggestions.

Thank you.
Qorax,

Can you please stamp on this plan....

thank you....

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Qorax ,

How are you and hope things are fine at your end.

I hv a question :
With respect to the primary schooling of my kid who will be going into grade 5 , what is your opinion on the seperate catholic school.I am not a catholic, but if there is a vacancy in the particular school ,how do you compare it with a public school.My interest in the seperate school is because i was told that the quality of the faculty is better as well as the no. of students per class room are few compared to the public school.

Awaiting your reply.

Thnx

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Catholic school are definitely better because they get more funds than public schools. If you don't have any problem to convert your child's religion then its a good option for you.