+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed 18-June. Both me & my fiancee got a job withing a month. Ask me anything!

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

There will always be threads with titles: Is it worth to move to Canada? Should I give it a shot? Are there jobs in Canada?

I am one of them who made it from dreaming 1 year ago if I will ever make it to having a nice job in less than a month from the landing (my fiancee got a nicer job :p). You can ask me any questions regarding the whole process, if you want to ;D.

Canada is a great place, with great opportunities and exceptional kind and helpful people. I was expecting to suffer a little bit in the beginning but our process went really smooth.

Reactions: Scorpman21

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, welcome to Canada.
The job situation is mostly depends on the industry and the type of the position. And of course, depends on capabilities of the person, there is no definitive result for everyone.
If your trade is very technical focused, such as high level engineer or technician, it is very easy to score a job if you have solid skill and experience in preforming the tasks, especially for the industries in demand.
However, if your field is service or managerial focused, such as finance analyst or accountant, unless the employer is desperately trying to hire someone below average wage, I can guarantee you that no one will even look at your resume more than 10 sec if all you got is foreign experience and foreign designations. It is what it is, sadly.
It is an indisputable fact that Canadian economy is in the rock bottom now and unemployment rate is soaring high. In this tough job market, most new comers will have terrible time trying find a decent job, especially the ones do not have a perfect English.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astro313 said:
Hi everyone,

There will always be threads with titles: Is it worth to move to Canada? Should I give it a shot? Are there jobs in Canada?

I am one of them who made it from dreaming 1 year ago if I will ever make it to having a nice job in less than a month from the landing (my fiancee got a nicer job :p). You can ask me any questions regarding the whole process, if you want to ;D.

Canada is a great place, with great opportunities and exceptional kind and helpful people. I was expecting to suffer a little bit in the beginning but our process went really smooth.
AMA, you say?

1.Which province and city are you currently residing?
2.What was your nationality?
3.What is your ethnicity? (I'm asking this question because a fair amount of members here think it's a big factor to land a job)
4.What is your CLB level?
5.What field is your job in?
6. What is your highest degree?
7.How many years of foreign work experience do you have?
8.Is your salary more or less than market average?
9.How do you land this job? Was it through personal networking or through job sites, like indeed.ca or Job Bank?

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.Which province and city are you currently residing?
Ottawa,Ontario
2.What was your nationality?
Albanian
3.What is your ethnicity? (I'm asking this question because a fair amount of members here think it's a big factor to land a job)
White Caucasian (2 out of 3 in my team are not white and one of them has a moderate level of English). Canada is one of the most race tolerant countries in the world.
4.What is your CLB level?
I didn't score very high but my partner did. She got CLB9,CLB9,CLB10,CLB12 (I don't remember the order speaking, writing, listening, reading)
5.What field is your job in?
We both are in IT. She works as a Software Developer. Me as DBA and implementation projects (a little bit harder to find positions in Ottawa because a lot of companies work for government projects, you deal with sensitive data and need a security clearance which I didn't have)
6. What is your highest degree?
Master of Scinece Computer Science
7.How many years of foreign work experience do you have?
Foreign (non-Canadian) experience, almost 6 years.
8.Is your salary more or less than market average?
I thinks it's more than the average. They asked me how much I wanted to be paid? It was my first job opportunity and I didn't want to screw up.
Me and my fiancee are being paid between 70-85 K each.

9.How do you land this job? Was it through personal networking or through job sites, like indeed.ca or Job Bank?
Indeed.ca and Linkedin mostly. What I would suggest is to get in contact with recruiters, they are really helpful and sell you well. My fiancee got the job through a recruiter and she got a better salary than mine. I was not able to negotiate for mine for the previous mentioned reasons (fear and 1st Canadian job)

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course that it depends. It depends but people should not get discouraged, that's why I started this post. If you are qualified and experienced you can make it. Starting a Master and working part-time can also be an option. If you are a couple, you will have double possibility of income.
Before coming here I thought about all the options, one of them was working in a part-time job and spending the rest of the day job-hunting or following bridging programs.

Both me and my partner were very well paid back in Albania, but Canada is another thing. The living standard here is better than most of the countries in Europe and on the plus side, Canada it's still a safe and family oriented country.

siriusnick said:
Congrats, welcome to Canada.
The job situation is mostly depends on the industry and the type of the position. And of course, depends on capabilities of the person, there is no definitive result for everyone.
If your trade is very technical focused, such as high level engineer or technician, it is very easy to score a job if you have solid skill and experience in preforming the tasks, especially for the industries in demand.
However, if your field is service or managerial focused, such as finance analyst or accountant, unless the employer is desperately trying to hire someone below average wage, I can guarantee you that no one will even look at your resume more than 10 sec if all you got is foreign experience and foreign designations. It is what it is, sadly.
It is an indisputable fact that Canadian economy is in the rock bottom now and unemployment rate is soaring high. In this tough job market, most new comers will have terrible time trying find a decent job, especially the ones do not have a perfect English.

auh_ab

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LV
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
subitted with application
Congrats astro

Manju Sagwal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astro313 said:
Hi everyone,

Many congratulations :)

I am so glad to see this post. It is a sort of confidence booster for me as we are planning to land in Toronto in a couple of Months (January 2017).

I am a SAP Consultant (FICO/FSCM) and working towards learning SAP HANA from functional perspective (Simple Finance) before landing and my husband is a Deal Solution (Pre Sales) Consultant. I would really appreciate, if you can give some idea about the job prospects in these areas in the current market scenario.

Manju Sagwal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astro313 said:
Hi everyone,

Many congratulations :)

I am so glad to see this post. It is a sort of confidence booster for me as we are planning to land in Toronto in a couple of Months (January 2017).

I am a SAP Consultant (FICO/FSCM) and working towards learning SAP HANA from functional perspective (Simple Finance) before landing and my husband is a Deal Solution (Pre Sales) Consultant. I would really appreciate, if you can give some idea about the job prospects in these areas in the current market scenario.

Tusharbakaya

Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
Hi Astro,

Congratulations. Would be great, if you could answer the following.

- I will be moving to Canada with my 5 year old daughter. I would really be grateful if you could guide me a little about the documents required for my daughter's admission in school.

- I have the immunization records and will be taking the school leaving certificate too. Do I need anything else? Do I need to get medicals done again post landing for my daughter to get admission?

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do your calculations here: http://www.ruichenlaw.com/eecalc/ . It's easy with a nice graphical UI (not made by me).
The 67 score it's to verify if you are eligible in the FSW stream. After that some other calculations are done in order to identify your EE score.

megharocks said:
Hi

need help on the following .

What is difference between six factors for ee entry creation score 67 and overall crs score

Also ,Can you please tell me what is my score with below input parameters
Ielts 6.5 r 6.5 w 6.0 s 6.5 l 6.5

Age 35
Qualifications Master's
total experience 11 years

Thanks.megha

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAP and other ERP are popular systems used buy big and medium sized companies here. Regarding the Pre Sales position, I am not 100% sure what duties and responsibilities are involved in this role. If this is a rare/new position in your country the possibilities are that here you will have more opportunities.
However, you can have a look at indeed.ca or linkedin.com . Start creating new connections, hr, headhunters, recruiters and monitor the jobs which are being posted. Imagine as if you have already landed in Canada and now you're trying to find a job.

Manju Sagwal said:
Many congratulations Smiley

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tusharbakaya,

I really want to help you, but I am not aware of the procedures involved in this case. I know that the government helps you with some money (not sure how much) if you have a small child (after arriving in Toronto airport I had a couple in front of me which was doing the landing procedure and I heard the officer saying so to the couple)

Tusharbakaya said:
Hi Astro,

Congratulations. Would be great, if you could answer the following.

- I will be moving to Canada with my 5 year old daughter. I would really be grateful if you could guide me a little about the documents required for my daughter's admission in school.

- I have the immunization records and will be taking the school leaving certificate too. Do I need anything else? Do I need to get medicals done again post landing for my daughter to get admission?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Congrats mate :D

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astro313 said:
Of course that it depends. It depends but people should not get discouraged, that's why I started this post. If you are qualified and experienced you can make it. Starting a Master and working part-time can also be an option. If you are a couple, you will have double possibility of income.
Before coming here I thought about all the options, one of them was working in a part-time job and spending the rest of the day job-hunting or following bridging programs.

Both me and my partner were very well paid back in Albania, but Canada is another thing. The living standard here is better than most of the countries in Europe and on the plus side, Canada it's still a safe and family oriented country.
With all due respect, you are still in the honey month phase. I am not trying to discourage anyone, just speak of the truth since I have been in Canada for 8 years now.
Considering you are a white Caucasian with very limited time here, you are really not in the position to make the claim that "Canada is one of the most race tolerant countries in the world." And the truth is, it is not, not quite, at least for the financial sector. I am dealing with Bay Street senior financial managers and bankers on daily basis, male to female and white to minority skin color are both about 10 to 1.
And IT, especially high level IT tech is in great demand and very well compensated in Canada. I would not be surprised a white IT tech with years of experience in European environment can get a job in one month.
Again, I am not trying to discourage anyone, a lot of people here are not white, including myself, I would rather let people come prepared, than pump them up with false hype and getting crashed by the brutal truth.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
siriusnick said:
With all due respect, you are still in the honey month phase. I am not trying to discourage anyone, just speak of the truth since I have been in Canada for 8 years now.
Considering you are a white Caucasian with very limited time here, you are really not in the position to make the claim that "Canada is one of the most race tolerant countries in the world." And the truth is, it is not, not quite. I am dealing with Bay Street senior financial managers and bankers on daily basis, male to female and white to minority skin color are both about 10 to 1.
And IT, especially high level IT tech is in great demand and very well compensated in Canada. I would not be surprised a white IT tech with years of experience in European environment can get a job in one month.
Again, I am not trying to discourage anyone, a lot of people here are not white, including myself, I would rather let people come prepared, than pump them up with false hype and getting crashed by the brutal truth.
I agree with you on the job hunting thing. Dont be in fools paradise. Come prepared. There is always one great story and 9 not so great ones.

Perseverance and hardwork will land you a good job.

Canada is by far the most tolerant country I have ever known.