+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed 18-June. Both me & my fiancee got a job withing a month. Ask me anything!

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well...kirtivsingh, don't know how did I get you so triggered, but alright.
First of all, I do love Canada and have a great life here, it is certain aspects of the immigration policy that I am often frustrated with, but hey, I guess I am the only one huh?
I am not trying to discredit the great white north, I merely just spoke of my own experience. But I found very interesting how naive people can get, to take some online time filler articles (and outdated US statistics) as holy bible without opening your eyes and see what is really happening around you.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hope16 said:
I am chemist and a little worried to move to Canada because many people say it hard to get Chemist Job there. Which province has better opportunity for the chemist?
Are you pharmacist or chemist?
I am asking because in India we call pharmacist as Chemist.

Pharmacy jobs are available everywhere if you have completed B.Pharma or Master would be great.(But prefer densely populated Provinces line ON and BC)

No Idea about Chemist jobs

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
Ignorance has no cure. Ifound the above in 10 mins, if someone gets into detailed reasearch you can see how immigrants are doing very well and earn more than average Caucasian.
Most tolerant country doesn't mean Absolutely-no-racism country. I think his claims are not completely wrong.

We need different perspectives from various fields in Canada, so everyone can have a better understanding what are waiting for them in this new place.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
siriusnick said:
Well...kirtivsingh, don't know how did I got you so triggered, but alright.
First of all, I do love Canada and have a great life here, it is certain aspects of the immigration policy that I am often frustrated with, but hey, I guess I am the only one huh?
I am not trying to discredit the great white north, I merely just spoke of my own experience. But I found very interesting how naive people can get, to take some online time filler articles (and US statistics) as holy bible without opening your eyes and see what is really happening around you.
Noone is being naive, if you have better articles than please post it.
Having said that, subjecting the whole nation and every available employer just on your personal experience is actually called Naive.
I have been here for over 4 years and have never encountered 1 incident where I was put down by someone due to my color or creed.
Just goto USA and starting at the border you will start feeling what intolerance is.
They judge you from get go. I never feel judged here in Canada and it makes you feel that you are part of the Canadian society.

Reactions: Scorpman21

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Alexios07 said:
Most tolerant country doesn't mean Absolutely-no-racism country. I think his claims are not completely wrong.

We need different perspectives from various fields in Canada, so everyone can have a better understanding what are waiting for them in this new place.
There are always some who are racist and would judge you. No country is perfect. But scaring the new immigrants is the last thing that should be done in this forum.
I have been to many countries and I can assure you Canada is by far the best Western country I have been to in terms of equality and tolerance

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
why do you guys fight over career problems here. Immigrating to any new place is hard at first. Even if you go to a new place in your home country, it takes some time to get adjusted to everything.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope16 said:
I am chemist and a little worried to move to Canada because many people say it hard to get Chemist Job there. Which province has better opportunity for the chemist?
There's a member named ButterflyChemist, you can ask him how to get a job in this field. Check this http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/job-bank-matching-is-a-scam-were-fools-to-believe-it-t443442.0.html;msg5377421#msg5377421

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
Just goto USA and starting at the border you will start feeling what intolerance is.
They judge you from get go. I never feel judged here in Canada and it makes you feel that you are part of the Canadian society.
You are accusing him of subjugating the whole nation because of some racist employers, then you proceed to do the same. Are you saying that the whole 350+ million Americans will look down upon any immigrants?

However, I do know why Americans in IT sector don't have much love for Indian immigrants. It's due to the H1-B thing and all the Indian outsourcing companies like Infosys or Wipro taking many IT jobs from native US workers.

kirtivsingh said:
There are always some who are racist and would judge you. No country is perfect. But scaring the new immigrants is the last thing that should be done in this forum.
I have been to many countries and I can assure you Canada is by far the best Western country I have been to in terms of equality and tolerance
That's not scaring, that's the truth. By stating Canada is the best Western country, you are just expressing your personal experience, just like what he was doing.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Everyone has personal stories and personal view of life. To me its not worth leaving my home country and living away from my friends if I am not making more than $200k in Canada. I have only lived in India and Canada so far and my view may not reflect others point of view towards career. But to me, living in Canada with only making 70-80k is a failure. Daily wagers here make around 35k and if you are only making double than a basic pay guy, there is no justification to get settled here in my view. Economics works same way everywhere. Basic wages makes 20k rupees in India and if you make only 40k rupees, you wont be able to affords many things. Same way here, no matter how to dice it or slice it.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Alexios07 said:
You are accusing him of subjugating the whole nation because of some racist employers, then you proceed to do the same. Are you saying that the whole 350+ million Americans will look down upon any immigrants?

However, I do know why Americans in IT sector don't have much love for Indian immigrants. It's due to the H1-B thing and all the Indian outsourcing companies like Infosys or Wipro taking many IT jobs from native US workers.

That's not scaring, that's the truth. By stating Canada is the best Western country, you are just expressing your personal experience, just like what he was doing.
I did not subjected anything, I just stated how his word against mine works. and TBH everyone know racism is soo much more in US than in Canada.
And you made me laugh when you said Americans hate Indians coz of H1B.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
RegularGuy said:
Everyone has personal stories and personal view of life. To me its not worth leaving my home country and living away from my friends if I am not making more than $200k in Canada. I have only lived in India and Canada so far and my view may not reflect others point of view towards career. But to me, living in Canada with only making 70-80k is a failure. Daily wagers here make around 35k and if you are only making double than a basic pay guy, there is no justification to get settled here in my view. Economics works same way everywhere. Basic wages makes 20k rupees in India and if you make only 40k rupees, you wont be able to affords many things. Same way here, no matter how to dice it or slice it.
That is so true "Regular Guy". I always suggest my friends back home If you are making 12lac per annum in India than it not very practical to move abroad unless you make more than 100k.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
Thank god. Finally, somebody speaks logically (and honestly).

+1 for you

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
RegularGuy said:
We should take into account the standard of living. With 80k you can live a very good life here in Canada. Education till grade 12 is free. Medical is free.

Can you buy a BMW or Audi in india with 12 lakhs income? Absolutely no. You can buy in Canada with your 80k income. This is just one example.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
RegularGuy said:
Actually in my home country in Africa, my net salary would be at par with a salary of CAD 100k per annum, given my qualification and experience... However, in my home country, I would be in a senior managerial position while I would be a junior position in Canada..

I don't think Canada is the place for money and career... an immigrant needs a different objective in order to draw any motivation... Honestly, I don't think I can take any crappy position beyond 4yrs in Canada - that why I disclosed my motivation - the Citizenship and off, I am gone to Wall Street or back home in Africa.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
And you made me laugh when you said Americans hate Indians coz of H1B.
Ever heard of the Disney's IT workers fiasco? if you frequently browse enough on several IT forums, you will get the general consensus about the outsource IT worker.

Typical example on how Indian IT workers communicate over emails
Okey sirs, I am asking on the same if your resolution is sufficient to escalate down this call and bring to completion, else we can do the needful again on the same.

Or

revert me urgently

Or

Please work toward the upgradation

RegularGuy said:
Don't you think there are more besides the higher salary in Canada? like higher food quality, air quality, safer workplace environments, higher standard of living? If it's just the salary alone, I don't think any skilled workers would move to Canada at all.