+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUST STARTED! PLEASE HELP :)

papirico

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
1. Answer is in the application guide.
2. Answer is also in the application guide.
3. Common sense, it doesn't say anywhere about how to organize everything, it's up to you.

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
papirico said:
1. Answer is in the application guide.
2. Answer is also in the application guide.
3. Common sense, it doesn't say anywhere about how to organize everything, it's up to you.
I just a bit confuse what to answer cuz it's our first time. just wanna make sure everything is correct :)

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Like Laura said, the Document Checklist will tell you WHAT you need and WHERE it goes in order. So yes, there is an order to it.

Just start with one form and get it done. Then, move on to the next one. You can do this!

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
Tullysgirl said:
Like Laura said, the Document Checklist will tell you WHAT you need and WHERE it goes in order. So yes, there is an order to it.

Just start with one form and get it done. Then, move on to the next one. You can do this!
Hello again. Been busy for a while. anyways i have a question again. In the questions which is they are asking about the dates from when to when, If I'm still working or living here in dubai should i put anything into the "to dates" or just leave it blank? and one more thing during our marriage celebration we did it in one resort in our place wherein we invited the pastor to celebrate our marriage but in the signatory of our marriage license it was our mayor in our place and the place of marriage was done at the municipal office. that time the mayor was busy so he just send somebody to celebrate our marriage. (which is legal). would it cause a problem? i'm so worried about this.... I'm almost done with the forms. Thanks :)

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
mrsldr said:
Hello again. Been busy for a while. anyways i have a question again. In the questions which is they are asking about the dates from when to when, If I'm still working or living here in dubai should i put anything into the "to dates" or just leave it blank? and one more thing during our marriage celebration we did it in one resort in our place wherein we invited the pastor to celebrate our marriage but in the signatory of our marriage license it was our mayor in our place and the place of marriage was done at the municipal office. that time the mayor was busy so he just send somebody to celebrate our marriage. (which is legal). would it cause a problem? i'm so worried about this.... I'm almost done with the forms. Thanks :)
I'm not clear on what form/questions your talking about...but if you're currently at your present employer, leave the "to" blank.

But, for the ins and outs of your ceremony, that's a good time to put some info in the box, then say, "Additional Page Attached" and on that separate page, you can explain all those scenarios. Make sure on the top of the additional page you put the form # and question # you're providing the additional information for.

ilovekj

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
mrsldr said:
hi laura! thanks for the information. did you started already? or submitted the application? maybe it doesn't matter if how many pictures you will send as long as the relationship is genuine :) :)
Hello :) Oh my we're on the same page.. im just starting to gather the documents needed.

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
ilovekj said:
Hello :) Oh my we're on the same page.. im just starting to gather the documents needed.
hi there. you're from? really need to put time and effort in gathering all those documents needed.

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
Tullysgirl said:
I'm not clear on what form/questions your talking about...but if you're currently at your present employer, leave the "to" blank.

But, for the ins and outs of your ceremony, that's a good time to put some info in the box, then say, "Additional Page Attached" and on that separate page, you can explain all those scenarios. Make sure on the top of the additional page you put the form # and question # you're providing the additional information for.
hi tullys girl. how are you? just want to ask since we're both filipinos and most of our chat in fb, ym and skype is written in our native language (tagalog) is it necessary to translate it into english?

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
mrsldr said:
I'm a newbie here. Just got married on December 2012. I'm working here in Dubai and my husband is living in canada with his family (on PR). I have read all the forums about the processing time for spousal sponsorship and it gets me crazier everyday! Thinking about how we could be together as soon as possible. We already started answering some forms and gathering data. So if somebody could help me about the following:

1. In the application form -GENERIC APPLICATION FORM TO CANADA
- do i need to include all my family members in the application even if they will not accompany me to canada?

2. If I don't have any answers in the question do i need to leave it blank or put n/a.

3. Do i need to have a separate folder for all the documents like wedding photos, letters, bills, skype/fb/ymessages and calls? or while answering the questions in SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNEQUESTIONNAIRE question 19 onwards i can do it by bullets with pictures or in narration type of answer?

It would be a lot help if somebody can answer my questions... thanks in advance! ;D ;D ;D
I just bumped up to the beginning of the thread list an excellent thread for when you are just getting started this process. It will take you step by step through the whole process. It is titled " How I organized our application and a summary of all helpful tips I have learned"

ilovekj

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
mrsldr said:
hi there. you're from? really need to put time and effort in gathering all those documents needed.
Philippines and my husband is a canadian citizen. ikr.. its really stressful gathering docs.. are you done with your proofs of relationship?

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
Canuck20 said:
I just bumped up to the beginning of the thread list an excellent thread for when you are just getting started this process. It will take you step by step through the whole process. It is titled " How I organized our application and a summary of all helpful tips I have lear

Hello! I saw this one already and booked mark it. It was really helpful because it gives me idea how to organize and what to put. Being first time in this whole processing gives me stress...... hopefully we can submit the application by next month....

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
ilovekj said:
Philippines and my husband is a canadian citizen. ikr.. its really stressful gathering docs.. are you done with your proofs of relationship?
same here. my husband is PR and im working here in dubai. till now we're not yet done in gathering all the documents.. how about you?

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
canadianwoman said:
Note for most of the forms, when CIC says 'family members' they mean your spouse or common-law/conjugal partner, and your children. They do not mean parents, sisters and brothers, cousins, grandparents, etc. So on the Generic Application Form to Canada, in the 'Dependents' section, you only have to provide details of your dependent children, your spouse, and your spouse's dependent children. And you only have to provide details for them if they are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents. It sounds like you are married to a Canadian PR and have no children. If so, you do not list anyone in the dependents' section of IMM0008.

However, note IMM5406 Additional Family Information: in this form youclist your spouse, all children, parents, and all siblings including half and step-siblings, even if they are Canadian citizens or PRs, and even though they will not be coming to Canada with you.

Hi...Do we really need to do that in the IMM5406 Additional Family Information: "in this form you do list your spouse, all children, parents, and all siblings including half and step-siblings, even if they are Canadian citizens or PRs, and even though they will not be coming to Canada with you."?

I only include my two sons.Why?What happen if we don't include the rest?

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
canadianwoman said:
Note for most of the forms, when CIC says 'family members' they mean your spouse or common-law/conjugal partner, and your children. They do not mean parents, sisters and brothers, cousins, grandparents, etc. So on the Generic Application Form to Canada, in the 'Dependents' section, you only have to provide details of your dependent children, your spouse, and your spouse's dependent children. And you only have to provide details for them if they are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents. It sounds like you are married to a Canadian PR and have no children. If so, you do not list anyone in the dependents' section of IMM0008.

However, note IMM5406 Additional Family Information: in this form you do list your spouse, all children, parents, and all siblings including half and step-siblings, even if they are Canadian citizens or PRs, and even though they will not be coming to Canada with you.
Thanks for the info I will do the same...

nezya

May 16, 2010
abscott said:
Hi...Do we really need to do that in the IMM5406 Additional Family Information: "in this form you do list your spouse, all children, parents, and all siblings including half and step-siblings, even if they are Canadian citizens or PRs, and even though they will not be coming to Canada with you."?

I only include my two sons.Why?What happen if we don't include the rest?
You should fallow what is asked in the form, they need this for background check, like diseases, security check, something like that... so better fill that up