Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
mrs.Cam said:
Wish me guys to receive my passport back with my visa the soonest! Still Inprocess in Ecas,passport requested since April 8, email stated that my visa is ready to be issued and valid until July 31,2015 and they will make the best effort to return my passport within 90 working days! Aarrgggh! :'(
You will receive it soon!!!! time to start your preparations. :)

Chris.

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could pass a couple questions by those who have already landed. I am landing on Tuesday in Landsdowne (Thousand Island Bridge) via flag poling, and I was wondering a few things.

1. For starters, would my spouse need to be there, because we (us being idiots) let his passport expire. We've been meaning to renew it and just haven't really had the chance. So would it cause issues if he is unable to come with me?
2. For the landing process, is there anything in particular I need or should say or not say? I'm getting pretty nervous about this part mostly, don't want to say something wrong.
3. For the "Goods Accompanying" forms, I have nothing coming with me or later, a good friend of mine brought my stuff up here awhile ago, do I still need to fill it out like I'm bringing that stuff?
4. Lastly, is there any major documentation I need to bring with me. I have tons of stuff sorted out to bring anyway, just not sure if I might possibly be missing anything!

I appreciate any help! The last few days, I tell ya, my mind has been everywhere on these things. So it's making my house a bit chaotic! :p

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Celandrius said:
Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could pass a couple questions by those who have already landed. I am landing on Tuesday in Landsdowne (Thousand Island Bridge) via flag poling, and I was wondering a few things.

1. For starters, would my spouse need to be there, because we (us being idiots) let his passport expire. We've been meaning to renew it and just haven't really had the chance. So would it cause issues if he is unable to come with me?
2. For the landing process, is there anything in particular I need or should say or not say? I'm getting pretty nervous about this part mostly, don't want to say something wrong.
3. For the "Goods Accompanying" forms, I have nothing coming with me or later, a good friend of mine brought my stuff up here awhile ago, do I still need to fill it out like I'm bringing that stuff?
4. Lastly, is there any major documentation I need to bring with me. I have tons of stuff sorted out to bring anyway, just not sure if I might possibly be missing anything!

I appreciate any help! The last few days, I tell ya, my mind has been everywhere on these things. So it's making my house a bit chaotic! :p
1) Assuming the spouse is the sponsor LOL, NO the spouse does not have to be there.
2) I haven't landed YET so not sure about this one, hopefully someone will respond shortly
3) I'd fill it out saying you aren't bringing anything, or just have it ready to fill out last minute when you get there since you are already in Canada. (I HIGHLY doubt this is a main focus)
4) All identification, we are bringing pretty well everything we have on our application, plus marriage certificates and medical proof. I've heard it is a flip of a coin if they let you have no insurance or not so better have it anyway. (We are landing Mid May after moving from Texas, LONGGGG drive with 2 puppies.)

Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes! T-15 days until I'm back in my hubbies arms!!!

I'd google some ideas if your really nervous, and be OVER prepared. Always better to not need several documents than wish you had them later on.

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
AshleyAnne said:
1) Assuming the spouse is the sponsor LOL, NO the spouse does not have to be there.
2) I haven't landed YET so not sure about this one, hopefully someone will respond shortly
3) I'd fill it out saying you aren't bringing anything, or just have it ready to fill out last minute when you get there since you are already in Canada. (I HIGHLY doubt this is a main focus)
4) All identification, we are bringing pretty well everything we have on our application, plus marriage certificates and medical proof. I've heard it is a flip of a coin if they let you have no insurance or not so better have it anyway. (We are landing Mid May after moving from Texas, LONGGGG drive with 2 puppies.)

Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes! T-15 days until I'm back in my hubbies arms!!!

I'd google some ideas if your really nervous, and be OVER prepared. Always better to not need several documents than wish you had them later on.
I did look up quite a bit on the landing process, most of it I knew. Yes my spouse is my sponsor! Guess I should have pointed that out. He was the one that originally started posting here.
That would be a long drive I used to live in Alabama myself. I'll definitely post about how it goes when it happens! I have filled out any extra paper work and such that I found I needed. So I should be alright!

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Sounds like you are very prepared!! best of luck!

skystride

Feb 21, 2014
Hello,

I just noticed online that I also got:

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I still haven't received any e-mail or mail. What should I expect next?

Also my address changed and I updated it online 2-3 weeks ago but it still shows old address online, is it possible they may have mailed something to my old address?

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
Celandrius said:

1. No but they may ask where he is, you will just need a valid answer, not having a passport and he is at our house would certainly be sufficient. They just want to know that you will actually be living together.

2. Nothing really, they will ask a couple of questions like criminal offices questions, if you have ever been removed from a country. Nothing to get nervous about, just confirming somethings you would have had to state in your application.

3. I didn't have this form, it was certainly never asked for. I wouldn't worry about it, however I entered at an airport so may be different

4. I had COPR and Passport, and I think they wanted my arrivals card(although if you are flag poling I doubt you get one). I certainly didn't have any proof from my application.

It was a very quick process once you have waited in the line, certainly nothing to worry about.

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
kiwi123 said:
1. No but they may ask where he is, you will just need a valid answer, not having a passport and he is at our house would certainly be sufficient. They just want to know that you will actually be living together.

2. Nothing really, they will ask a couple of questions like criminal offices questions, if you have ever been removed from a country. Nothing to get nervous about, just confirming somethings you would have had to state in your application.

3. I didn't have this form, it was certainly never asked for. I wouldn't worry about it, however I entered at an airport so may be different

4. I had COPR and Passport, and I think they wanted my arrivals card(although if you are flag poling I doubt you get one). I certainly didn't have any proof from my application.

It was a very quick process once you have waited in the line, certainly nothing to worry about.
Thanks a ton for the reply! My landing time is literally right around the corner, and this takes the edge off!

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
skystride said:
Hello,

I just noticed online that I also got:

"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I still haven't received any e-mail or mail. What should I expect next?

Also my address changed and I updated it online 2-3 weeks ago but it still shows old address online, is it possible they may have mailed something to my old address?

They won't email you, only mail you,
You need to call and make sure your address is right because even though I updated our address online it was still wrong in their system.
They tried to mail it to
"4568 Private Road 123"
Versus what it actually is,

"123 Private Road 4568"
I would call, have your sponsor call, anything, Just to make sure it went to the right address. If you got DM a while ago it might have gotten lost.
What is your visa office?
Are you in canada? If you are in Canada you just call the Ottawa office and follow the prompts to change your address. Then push 0 a few times if they wont connect you lol

Hippopotamus

Jan 19, 2015
got COPR today! :D

you guys helped me lots while waiting for PR. Thank you so much!
still cant believe this whole process has done and new chapter of my life has just started.
hope those who are still waiting will hear great news soon. stay positive!!

Love

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
Just wanted to give a quick rundown of how my landing went this morning!

I landed this morning at 1000 Island Bridge in Landsdowne Ontario, told the American border officer that I wanted to Flag pole. He had my friend and I pull aside and wait in the American Embassy building. Literally took like maybe 2 minutes to get my COPR and Passport back. Since I'm American there was no Denial of Entry that I've read that everyone gets! We were lead back to the Canadian side of the road, and informed the Canadian border officer that I was landing. Sat in the Canadian Embassy for maybe 15 minutes, after giving the wonderful IO my COPR and Passport. I got it all back, never had to show any of the paperwork I had prepared. She chuckled when I mentioned it and told me congratulations for being over-prepared! She then told me that I should be able to go get my SIN, sadly, I wasn't in the system so I couldn't today, but I should be receiving that in the mail in a couple weeks. Then I can actually go finish getting my province ID and OHIP card, though it won't be valid until July. Fun stuff!

This is literally everything that happened. It was a 45 minute drive there. Maybe 25 minutes or so there. And 45 minutes back to Kingston. All I can say for those who are Flagpoling, just don't be nervous and everything will go smoothly!

dt-tdot

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!

The process of sponsorship is finally done for me. We got the visa today.

Cheers!

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Celandrius said:
Just wanted to give a quick rundown of how my landing went this morning!

I landed this morning at 1000 Island Bridge in Landsdowne Ontario, told the American border officer that I wanted to Flag pole. He had my friend and I pull aside and wait in the American Embassy building. Literally took like maybe 2 minutes to get my COPR and Passport back. Since I'm American there was no Denial of Entry that I've read that everyone gets! We were lead back to the Canadian side of the road, and informed the Canadian border officer that I was landing. Sat in the Canadian Embassy for maybe 15 minutes, after giving the wonderful IO my COPR and Passport. I got it all back, never had to show any of the paperwork I had prepared. She chuckled when I mentioned it and told me congratulations for being over-prepared! She then told me that I should be able to go get my SIN, sadly, I wasn't in the system so I couldn't today, but I should be receiving that in the mail in a couple weeks. Then I can actually go finish getting my province ID and OHIP card, though it won't be valid until July. Fun stuff!

This is literally everything that happened. It was a 45 minute drive there. Maybe 25 minutes or so there. And 45 minutes back to Kingston. All I can say for those who are Flagpoling, just don't be nervous and everything will go smoothly!
Thank you for sharing this!... They didn't want to see your belongings to follow or anything? I still have things in NYC that I will have to bring back later on. Do you still have things back in the USA?

BTW - I don't know if this helps you but I already have an Ontario Drivers license even though I am still waiting for DM. I just went and handed my NY License in and they gave me an Ontario License. It helps to have ID here. You should be able to get that no problem while you wait to be in the system! :) ... so excited for you and so happy to see progress!.. Congrats on landing!!!! :) :) :) :)

mrs.Cam

Aug 17, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 19-09-2014
File Transfer...
19-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-15 (w/ visa validity until 31-7-15; IP 7-4-15)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-04-15 VOH 07-05-15
LANDED..........
In God's perfect timing.. May 27,2015! <3
dt-tdot said:
Hi Everyone!

The process of sponsorship is finally done for me. We got the visa today.

Cheers!
Wow finally congratulations! :)