+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mah* said:
Can someone advise me which courier is better to send off the application! Someone told me purolator is the best...
I used UPS and was very happy. Delivered in about 24 hours. Next day delivery or your money back.

Soon to be

Aug 11, 2014
Hello Emperical Scientist,

I believe we are very similar with our timeline to become Canadians. I got my PR also through PNP which was very fast within 6 months. I sent my application for citizenship on July-24-2014.

When do you expect CIC to start working on your application? My local office is Toronto, should we expect different timeline?

Thanks

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Now straight to the business, anybody has gotten their application back? Or Ecas updated (unlikely now)?

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
Goldline said:
I used UPS and was very happy. Delivered in about 24 hours. Next day delivery or your money back.

I used Purolotor and was delivered next morning.
Also Purolotor was the cheapest and fast one among those that I called namely Canada post and fedex.
Canada post quoted me 40 plus with two business days delivery, while FedEx said around 30 something with two delivery days.
So I decided to use Purolotor .it was cheap and fast .
They told me we gonna deliver it within the business day time of 9 to 5, but they delivered early morning around 9 something.
So they are good if u wanna consider them.
Wish u good luck for that package to reach safe there and also not be returned to you by CIC.

waheed shah

Aug 4, 2014
we applied for citizenship 11 septamber 2011. gave citizenship test 17 april 2013 but still dont get any answer from them yet. we called to cic agant n talked to them . they said my citizenship test is passed n everything is cleared but my father got residence questionnaire n as it was in the same file due to which my application is delayed too.my application is attached with my father. my three years of citizenship application are completing on 19th september.. is cic is bound to decide over case before 19th september 2014? or how much time it can take?

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all. For most applicants' cases and from what I've seen or applicants from previous months, it takes at least a minimum of one and a half months for something to show up on E-cas or to get an acknowledgement receipt.
So if you sent your application during the first week of July then E-case would be updated near the end of the August or beginning of September.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Soon to be said:
Hello Emperical Scientist,

I believe we are very similar with our timeline to become Canadians. I got my PR also through PNP which was very fast within 6 months. I sent my application for citizenship on July-24-2014.

When do you expect CIC to start working on your application? My local office is Toronto, should we expect different timeline?

Thanks
Probably end of September, if all goes smoothly. Not sure if Toronto and Vancouver are under a common denominator in terms of processing times...

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Now straight to the business, anybody has gotten their application back? Or Ecas updated (unlikely now)?
it's been 5 weeks for me and no news from them yet, guess at this point no news is good news. At current it takes 50-60 days to see something on ECAS which is 7-8 weeks.
I saw from the June thread that for an application to get kicked back it takes around 6 weeks. Keep my fingers crossed.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
jrjayl said:
it's been 5 weeks for me and no news from them yet, guess at this point no news is good news. At current it takes 50-60 days to see something on ECAS which is 7-8 weeks.
I saw from the June thread that for an application to get kicked back it takes around 6 weeks. Keep my fingers crossed.
They received mine on 2nd May, I got it back on 20th June in my mail box.

Mah*

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks a lot for your advice! This page has been a great help!
I sent my application today by Fedex… Good luck everyone!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think early july applicant will get their case started processing by the end of july!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
I think early july applicant will get their case started processing by the end of june!
you meant by the end of july :)
just hope my app won't be returned :)