+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Hi citizens-to-be,

This thread is for July 2014 applications. I'm due to submit mine July 20th with 1096 days of residence. Let's share our prep for submission and timelines here.

Good luck to all!

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Hi citizens-to-be,

This thread is for July 2014 applications. I'm due to submit mine July 20th with 1096 days of residence. Let's share our prep for submission and timelines here.

Good luck to all!
Good luck. i'm a May 2014 applicant. :p

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June 2014 applicant showing his support here!
little suggestion: Did you order travel history from CBSA? it will be helpful to identity your absence.
also, i would give it a week or 2 after 1095 days, which leaves yourself more room if you have missed 1 or 2 days in your application.
good luck

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
u4g5 said:
June 2014 applicant showing his support here!
little suggestion: Did you order travel history from CBSA? it will be helpful to identity your absence.
also, i would give it a week or 2 after 1095 days, which leaves yourself more room if you have missed 1 or 2 days in your application.
good luck
It is stated in the application to NOT order a CBSA report. Do they return your application if there's some CBSA-related input required, or does it just take longer? I only have three short travels to the US, so I'm hoping it won't raise any flags.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the application, u r giving CIC " permission " to get travel history from CBSA.
i sent in mine, which is correctly matching my claimed absence.
just a suggestion, if u r not travel btw border often at all, dont need it.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
u4g5 said:
In the application, u r giving CIC " permission " to get travel history from CBSA.
i sent in mine, which is correctly matching my claimed absence.
just a suggestion, if u r not travel btw border often at all, dont need it.
Thanks. BTW, I noticed that my COPR that's stapled into my passport when I landed has no photo. My wife's COPR has her photo... Is that bad practice on the side of CBSA?

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
1095 is the minimum acceptable, I have spoke to many CIC agents and all informed me that what people say in the immigration forums is wrong, if you apply with 1095 you file will pass, if you have more days this will not credit you any additional things as long as you correctly do the online calculator and you have no missing days, and this 1095 days works best for people who never left Canada in the last 4 years before they apply for their citizenship

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
1095 is the minimum acceptable, I have spoke to many CIC agents and all informed me that what people say in the immigration forums is wrong, if you apply with 1095 you file will pass, if you have more days this will not credit you any additional things as long as you correctly do the online calculator and you have no missing days, and this 1095 days works best for people who never left Canada in the last 4 years before they apply for their citizenship
safe is better than sorry

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
Hi Empirical-Scientist .
You just stole my idea as I was planning to start this thread in July.
Any ways good to see fellow applicants in July. I'm planning to send mind the first week of July.
hey guys let's share how we are preparing and arranging our applications?
It's good idea to know how every body is doing with their application and how we are arranging it.
Share your info please,
oooooooggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. very excited to be close of starting this mysterious journey with CIC.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
jma said:
Hi Empirical-Scientist .
You just stole my idea as I was planning to start this thread in July.
Any ways good to see fellow applicants in July. I'm planning to send mind the first week of July.
hey guys let's share how we are preparing and arranging our applications?
It's good idea to know how every body is doing with their application and how we are arranging it.
Share your info please,
oooooooggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. very excited to be close of starting this mysterious journey with CIC.
I'm excited and a bit anxious, too. I've wrapped up most of my documents (except for the fee payment receipt). The question I have now is related to language proof -- because I finished my Master's degree here and am doing a PhD, would the transcripts + diploma be sufficient to (i) prove that I know English and (ii) prove education during the last 4 years?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm excited and a bit anxious, too. I've wrapped up most of my documents (except for the fee payment receipt). The question I have now is related to language proof -- because I finished my Master's degree here and am doing a PhD, would the transcripts + diploma be sufficient to (i) prove that I know English and (ii) prove education during the last 4 years?
I was studying for a master degree in the last 4 yr so i submit not only my transcript but also copy of my degree.
give them both, if i were u

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
u4g5 said:
I was studying for a master degree in the last 4 yr so i submit not only my transcript but also copy of my degree.
give them both, if i were u
Yes -- what I meant was (i) copy of parchment (degree) (ii) copy of Master's transcripts, and (iii) copy of PhD transcripts (ongoing)... Thanks for confirming!

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes -- what I meant was (i) copy of parchment (degree) (ii) copy of Master's transcripts, and (iii) copy of PhD transcripts (ongoing)... Thanks for confirming!
Just a Degree & Transcript are fine. You don't need to send in the Ph. D. transcript as you have not completed it yet :)

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
goodman36 said:
Just a Degree & Transcript are fine. You don't need to send in the Ph. D. transcript as you have not completed it yet :)
Well, in 6F, I've mentioned a date range for education, which includes phd; they require supporting docs for that question...