+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is MS from Bits, pilani - WLPD considered equivalent to masters degree by WES

jitrulz

Nov 2, 2017
Hey,

I got my ECA done by WES for BITS, Pilani WILP (MTech in Software Systems) and it states :

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

However, I do not know if it is "Part-time" or "Full-time".
Did you figure it out? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
its full-time. its instructor led and attendance is mandatory.

Thivya

Dec 17, 2017
Folks,
would like to share my ECA experience as follows -
I've an M.S - Software Engineering degree too from WILP-BITS
  • Initially applied with ICES/BCIT and requested BITS to send the transcripts directly (Order Duplicate Transcripts in the link http://wilpdar.bits-pilani.ac.in/graduation/instructions.html ) and send BITS the copy of academic request form as in the instructions and they do great job sending it to the ECA agency directly (takes 11 days as they send through India Post but you can ask them to deliver the sealed transcript to you and you could combine both Bachelor's and Master's sealed envelopes and send them together through DHL for faster process)
  • After 2 months, ICES/BCIT said they cannot evaluate my credential as they don't have enough information (Aug 2, 2017). so never go with ICES/BCIT for your evaluation
  • Then I chose WES and the process went well with some delays (they need both your Bachelors and Masters Transcripts to Evaluate) and initially I just sent only my masters and that caused the delay
  • with WES you need to follow-up in the contact form given in their website, to get the updates in your account. (Don't call them as they just read your status online and not much helpful.. use contact form and you'll see some change). I just got my report today (Oct 20, 2017)
  • Long story short - BITS MS is accepted by WES and the Canadian equivalency is Masters degree. So don't worry about WILP or the free evaluation tool in their site
  • Good luck to you all with your quest for immigration and believe right things happens at right time whenever you're frustrated and excited, stay positive and determined...
Hi,
I also followed the same method with WES, but collected the transcript from BITS to my home address and sent the same with other certificates. Now WES has put my status as Pending for Required documents and they have asked for my 'Provisional or Degree Certificate' i am not able to find a way to apply in WILP website, can you guide how I should apply for duplicate provisional certificate and send to WES?.

Regards,
Thivya

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
For anyone applying for the Transcripts to be sent to WES:

Please read the instructions carefully!

I ended up paying Rs 70 instead of $70 and now I'm having to coordinate with WILP registration staff over email. :confused:

Thivya

Dec 17, 2017
For anyone applying for the Transcripts to be sent to WES:

Please read the instructions carefully!

I ended up paying Rs 70 instead of $70 and now I'm having to coordinate with WILP registration staff over email. :confused:
Hi,
How are you applying for provisional certificate?
Should this come along with the transcript?

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Hi,
How are you applying for provisional certificate?
Should this come along with the transcript?
I graduated last year so I have the final certificate.

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
I got my provisional certificate along with my last semester transcript, i.e. the thesis grades. If you've just finished you should be getting those in a couple of weeks.

Thivya

Dec 17, 2017
I completed MS through WILP program in 2012.. I have my degree certifictae.. but how should i apply for a duplicate certificate and send in sealed envelope to WES.?

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
I completed MS through WILP program in 2012.. I have my degree certifictae.. but how should i apply for a duplicate certificate and send in sealed envelope to WES.?
You don't need to send certificate in sealed envelope, just a photocopy. See https://www.wes.org/required-documents/

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
For example: Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Doctoral Degree

What you need to do:

For completed study, send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document.

Reactions: Thivya

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Can someone weigh in on getting transcripts from BITS to WES?

a) Did you directly ask BITS to send it to WES (it seems this is the approach suggested by WES). Did you send an email with the academic request form scanned copy?

b) Did you receive sealed transcripts from BITS, put sealed envelope in another envelope along with final or provisional certificate copy and send it to WES?

I was able to fix my mistake but I am having to shell out ~3k because the transcript request website doesn't allow me to pay (it's redirecting me to the payment received page). Can someone confirm this following screen is correct?

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Folks,
would like to share my ECA experience as follows -
I've an M.S - Software Engineering degree too from WILP-BITS
  • Initially applied with ICES/BCIT and requested BITS to send the transcripts directly (Order Duplicate Transcripts in the link http://wilpdar.bits-pilani.ac.in/graduation/instructions.html ) and send BITS the copy of academic request form as in the instructions and they do great job sending it to the ECA agency directly (takes 11 days as they send through India Post but you can ask them to deliver the sealed transcript to you and you could combine both Bachelor's and Master's sealed envelopes and send them together through DHL for faster process)
  • After 2 months, ICES/BCIT said they cannot evaluate my credential as they don't have enough information (Aug 2, 2017). so never go with ICES/BCIT for your evaluation
  • Then I chose WES and the process went well with some delays (they need both your Bachelors and Masters Transcripts to Evaluate) and initially I just sent only my masters and that caused the delay
  • with WES you need to follow-up in the contact form given in their website, to get the updates in your account. (Don't call them as they just read your status online and not much helpful.. use contact form and you'll see some change). I just got my report today (Oct 20, 2017)
  • Long story short - BITS MS is accepted by WES and the Canadian equivalency is Masters degree. So don't worry about WILP or the free evaluation tool in their site
  • Good luck to you all with your quest for immigration and believe right things happens at right time whenever you're frustrated and excited, stay positive and determined...
Hi,

WES did not ask me for bachelors transcripts either, so should I update my application to include that? If I understand your suggestion, you combined the transcripts by putting the sealed envelopes together along with degree photocopies into another envelope with the wes ref no?

I am leaning towards your suggestion because BITS seems a bit reluctant about mailing it to WES directly.

Kavyashree

May 21, 2017
AOR Received.
17-09-2019
Thanks indian_user25!

One quick query: I spoke with the WILP officials and they mentioned only transcripts will be given and not provisional degree certificate as required by WES.

Can we include a notarized copy of the degree certificate in the application sent to WES? How did you do it?

Kindly suggest. Thanks for your quick response.
Hi, What did you do about this? I am having the same problem..

ritzbcool

Dec 29, 2017
Hi, What did you do about this? I am having the same problem..
I plan to apply to BITS for transcript for my MS done through WIPL. I have gone through the posts in this forum; very helpful. Please suggest, if BITS sends ONLY the transcript in a sealed envelope, how do we send COPY of the provisional degree certificate to WES? Guess both of them have to go together. Please advise.

jitrulz

Nov 2, 2017
I plan to apply to BITS for transcript for my MS done through WIPL. I have gone through the posts in this forum; very helpful. Please suggest, if BITS sends ONLY the transcript in a sealed envelope, how do we send COPY of the provisional degree certificate to WES? Guess both of them have to go together. Please advise.
i asked them to ship to me. it only contains transcripts. so you will have to print out degree copy and add both transcripts packet received from BITS and Degree in 1 packet and ship it to WES.

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Get BITS sealed transcripts delivered to your home. Then put them along with degree certificate in a new envelope and send it to WES.

OR

You can ask BITS to send sealed transcripts directly to WES, then send degree certificate to WES separately.

I went with the first option because it's easier, cheaper and faster IMO.