App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
MexicaTica said:
Bluedragon,

Have you received your stuff in the mail yet? Was it AIP?

Happy weekend everyone :)
Hi MexicaTica! Yes, later that week I received one letter "It has been determined you have met the requirements to apply for permanent residence," and one for my husband approving his sponsorship. Nothing else came with the letters, though, and the status still says "In Process" on eCAS. I am still waiting for them to send me more info on what to do. My medical expired 3 months ago, and I have a feeling I'm going to have to re-take that (though really hoping not to). Wanting them to send me some stuff quick so I can move forward... So frustrating, you get AIP, and then still more waiting...

Anyway, yours should be coming any time now.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bluedragon,

That's exciting! Hopefully you will move forward quickly like Mint and a few other people. I am rooting for you. Some people are not asked to renew their medicals. I had a friend who landed earlier this year whose medicals had expired by a couple months and they did not ask her to redo them. I guess the tough thing about this part of the waiting in that there is no processing time you can check on the website but I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
BlueDragon17846 said:
Hi MexicaTica! Yes, later that week I received one letter "It has been determined you have met the requirements to apply for permanent residence," and one for my husband approving his sponsorship. Nothing else came with the letters, though, and the status still says "In Process" on eCAS. I am still waiting for them to send me more info on what to do. My medical expired 3 months ago, and I have a feeling I'm going to have to re-take that (though really hoping not to). Wanting them to send me some stuff quick so I can move forward... So frustrating, you get AIP, and then still more waiting...

Anyway, yours should be coming any time now.
what about ur open work permit? didnt get it yet?

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Asta said:
what about ur open work permit? didnt get it yet?
At the time I applied for PR, I did not know I could apply for a work permit. At that time, I applied instead to extend my visitor status. When I got the letters for AIP just recently, I sent in an app for the OWP, and they received it on Sept 21 as per Canada Post site. So I'm hoping that it will only be 19 days processing, as per the CIC website, until I get a work permit.

kavi1774

Sep 26, 2010
djredeyes said:
hello,
jst wondering, are you under spousal category or on ur own? is it really stressful to apply inland rather than outland? my spouse is considering inland application, tho' m ready to go home and file for outland too. have done my med n NBI already..

I applied inland on Dec 2009, Started processing on dec 15, 2009 , transferred to etobicoke on sep 10, 2010. call centre they told would call for interview in 6 months and 2nd stage there is no waiting time is that true?

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
Re: INLANDERS! Need Advice.

Hi Inlanders.
I Submmited My application in April 16th and they started processing my Application on June 29th. Since then it appears "In Process" I haven't received any letter so far from them, and it's been almost 3 months from the moment they started processing it.
Yesterday I received a very sad call from one of my sisters back in Dominican and she told me doctors have told my family that my dad is in a terminal phase of his sickness and he could last from from 2 months to a few more. He has a liver decease and his blood counts are in 32,000. If he gets sick even by a flu that could take him away from us.
I'm wondering if any of you know if its possible for me to get a special permission to go see my dad even in the PR Process. I know its a big risk to just go not even knowing if they would allow you in, I have a visa extension for a year till next april 2011, but it says clearly that dosen't allow me to leave the country or work and I don't want to take the risk of having to be separated from my husband and start a new process outland.
Has someone had a similar situation than me? Is there an exception that CIC would do if I have a proof on my dad's condition. I don't think My application will be done any sooner that January 2011 and I don't know if that would be too late

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Re: INLANDERS! Need Advice.

Jean26 said:
Hi Inlanders.
I Submmited My application in April 16th and they started processing my Application on June 29th. Since then it appears "In Process" I haven't received any letter so far from them, and it's been almost 3 months from the moment they started processing it.
Yesterday I received a very sad call from one of my sisters back in Dominican and she told me doctors have told my family that my dad is in a terminal phase of his sickness and he could last from from 2 months to a few more. He has a liver decease and his blood counts are in 32,000. If he gets sick even by a flu that could take him away from us.
I'm wondering if any of you know if its possible for me to get a special permission to go see my dad even in the PR Process. I know its a big risk to just go not even knowing if they would allow you in, I have a visa extension for a year till next april 2011, but it says clearly that dosen't allow me to leave the country or work and I don't want to take the risk of having to be separated from my husband and start a new process outland.
Has someone had a similar situation than me? Is there an exception that CIC would do if I have a proof on my dad's condition. I don't think My application will be done any sooner that January 2011 and I don't know if that would be too late
Im very sorry to hear about your dad. Personally i have been able to leave canada a few times with my multiple entry visa ever since i submitted my application bak in january. I dont know abut a visitors extension and if its multiple entry??.
The sad thing about the Inland process is if we have an emergency back home.
I dont advice you to leave but if you do leave, as you said , you can always apply outland and as far as i know you CAN still live here in canada with your husband as you wait for your outland proces to finish. Its not exctly the end of the word. just the fact that you will have to go through the whole process again although this time it may be faster. i thin k if you are an outland applicant you can stay here for up to six months?> I may be wrong but all the best sweety!. i wish a quick recovery for your dad and let Gods will be done..
hugggsss

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Any Updates ???

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Nothin yet ::) Looking forward to tuesday as usual.....

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Our time lines are very close Janadian. Hopefully we both will hear something soon from CIC

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adzees said:
Any Updates ???
Nothing yet but I am hoping to hear something this week or the next. So close......
Hopefully I will be writing you again soon with some good news.

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
Hello all INLANDERS,

Please give me some advice about my very "TRICKY" situation.

Here is my timeline:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 6, 2008.
We started processing your application on November 4, 2008.
We received the requested information on March 23, 2009. Thank you for providing the information.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted. (June, 20010)
We sent you a letter on June 22, 2010 to xxxx (my current address) about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us. (the letter for AIP)
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We received the requested information on September 14, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.
(was the police check from my home country-China)

After that, I thought I will be just waiting for my background check clear and will receive the PR. However, I got a letter from them on Sept 21, asking me to fill out a "Client Information Update" form. I did it right away and mailed it to them on Sept 22. As far as I know, it is going to take them around 2 months to open the form I mailed them. According to my calculation, I might have to wait at least another 3 months. How much longer I have to wait, I have been waiting for more than 2 years! ???

Here is the "TRICKY" situation which I haven't seen anyone is like us in this thread. We are thinking to go to China for couple of years, but we will change our address to my wife's (sponsor, Canadian citizen) parents place where is a different province (Nova Scotia, we are in ON currently). Reason for going to China is my wife got her TESL certification, wants to teach in China to gain experience. And we would like to go there as soon as possible.

Here is what I want to find out:
How much longer I have to wait?
Is it ok that we go to China and then return for the interview to get my PR? (I applied my work permit extension, once I get that, will apply for re-entry visa, then go to China when my new work permit and re-entry visa are in place)

Thanks in advanced!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Checked e-Cas today but there was nothing.
Decided to give the automated service a try since they are usually more up to date.

They have now acknowledged that our application was received on July 16, 2010 which I knew already but still nice to hear them say it.
They didn't say whether it was in process or returned though so that kind of bothers me.

Does the automated service usually tell what date it is in process on?
If so, is it a bad sign and mean that ours was returned. I am thinking they just now opened it but were still looking at it so didn't put it in as in process yet. I don't know, either way I am going to call them in the morning to ask but obviously it is listed in the computer so they have to know something. I want to be happy but don't know if I should be yet. ::)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011

Application for Permanent Residence In Canada
This diagram explains each step in the application process. Please contact us for more information about Application Processing Times.

Status of your application Explanation
IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.) Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

WITHDRAWN
(An application can only be withdrawn when your application is IN PROCESS.) Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status decision has been made. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.) An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

Sponsorship / In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status Determined
The sponsorship applications and In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you in writing in either case.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.) Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

Just thought i would post this useful information here. DO you guys think they follow what is in this diagram??

ay

Feb 11, 2010
Congrats to those that have already been approved permanent residency. Hang in there to those that are still waiting...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Andrea and I sponsored my husband from Greece.

Here is our-time line:

Married: July 4th 2009
Application Sent: July 31 2009 (with everything; full payment, pictures, letters, emails, police checks from Greece and Canada, medical exam etc)
Application Received: August 5th 2009
Approved in Principle: February 4th 2010
Open Work Permit: March 24th 2010
Letter for Additional Work and Address History: sent to us June 11 2010
We sent it back the following day.

We've ordered our FOSS notes...hard to understand....a few different BF (bring forward dates); sept 30 2010 and november 10 2010.

Not sure how to interpret the FOSS notes. Not sure what our hold up is.

Any suggestions? I get so disappointed when I see that others who sent their applications months after us have
already been approved!