20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
mint said:
Dear INLANDERS,

I DID IT, EVERYONE!!!

Yesterday, I landed at CIC office in Edmonton.
Every thing went well, the interview which I was worried about was "landing interview".
We had to wait for almost one hour but when I was called to come into a small room and told that I was officially a permanent resident of Canada, I cried!!

I will add more details later, but THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYONE!!!
If I could not find this forum and could not meet you guys, I even can not imagine how I could deal with this long process.

THANK YOU, EVERYONE AGAIN!! AND BEST OF LUCK!!

Mint
This makes me soo hopeful!. Such positive stories like yours should occur more often!!....

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CONGRATULATIONS MINT!
That sounds like such an amazing story and I want to thank you for sharing it with us. :-*

I can't wait until I can say the same. But for now I love hearing well deserving people landing here. Makes this process a little bit easier to deal with. Now go enjoy yourselves and enjoy your new fresh life together for all of us. :p

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awww MINT you have brought me/us some hope!
I am really happy for you, and glad to see that even you being out of status they didn't punish you making your application take forever.
Congratulations, enjoy your new life! Now you are literally FREE, you can come and go any time you want as well as CALL the police any time you desire.. haha J/K :D

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everyone!!
I wish I could give my big hugs to each of you in person... ;)
Hopefully I won't have a situation that I have to call police in my future ;D
but if so, I won't be afraid of talking to them anymore!

The best wishes for all of you guys!
Mint

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
mint don't you think it's time you updated your signature to LANDED? :p
OOPS!!
Thank your for reminding me, Love_Young!

Mint

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Mint!. Congrats!. just wanted to let you know that you have encouraged me!. And i cant believe you were landed less than a month after receiving AIp!.. You give me and some of us hope !.
Do you mind sharing what you provided documentation wise??? Because i think if your situation is drama-free and less complicated then you get landed quickly??.I pray and hope i am landed quickly too! and everyone else is!...

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Black-Berry said:
Mint!. Congrats!. just wanted to let you know that you have encouraged me!. And i cant believe you were landed less than a month after receiving AIp!.. You give me and some of us hope !.
Do you mind sharing what you provided documentation wise??? Because i think if your situation is drama-free and less complicated then you get landed quickly??.I pray and hope i am landed quickly too! and everyone else is!...
I think the landing has to do with your local office. The documentation you provide comes more into play in Vegreville, when they decide whether or not to issue AIP. After AIP, you file gets sent to the local office, which deals more with the background checks, medicals, etc. If your medical isn't expired yet, and your backgound checks are in order, maybe you get processed faster, but I think it has more to do with how backlogged the specific local office is.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Black-Berry said:
Us too!
I wonder if other January applicants are doing the same thing our family is. lol. ;) We know all the other posters that are along the same time frame as us. We check e-case, then application processing times then... this site to see if any of our on-line buddies have heard any good news almost religously! :p
Everytime someone has good news I can't wait to share it with my husband..we text each other things like..."Mint got through isn't that great!" or " They at Dec 20th...won't be long now!" It puts a smile on my face to know that our application journey is coming to a conclusion soon and our lifes journey is about to get going with out the shadow of concern over status on us. It keeps our spirits up and makes our days a little brighter. 8)

We always had this way of sitting around the table at the end of the day and tell stories of what happen to eachother each day, Its been so much nicer to tell positive stories or strike up a good discussion about one of the topics on here. To all of you who have shared their journeys and are off to start a life together...Congratulatios! So exciting! I just want you guys to know how you touch others peoples lives when we go through this stuff together. To all of you who are still checking everyday, and think you may be a lil crazy for constantly being on top of wait times and whats-what..you are not alone ;D I really look forward to hearing great news for all of you... as you truly show dedication by just being here sharing your story and hopes and concerns.
Best wishes to all!

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srcc said:
MexicaTica, did you hear anything yet?!
Hi SRCC,

Nope, I haven't heard anything yet. I keep hoping and think it will be any day now. I will keep you guys posted on anything I hear.

Best to all

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bluedragon,

Have you received your stuff in the mail yet? Was it AIP?

Happy weekend everyone :)