AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Mint have you heard anything. Hopefully, you have a good news for all of us..

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
AHHHH MEH .. they are stuck at Dec 20th 2009.... Is it gonna be another November 28th :( .. I hope not

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Dec 20th at a stand still yes...for the moment. They updated CIC today but no jump in dates. Hang in there everyone..our time will come soon. ::)

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear INLANDERS,

I DID IT, EVERYONE!!!

Yesterday, I landed at CIC office in Edmonton.
Every thing went well, the interview which I was worried about was "landing interview".
We had to wait for almost one hour but when I was called to come into a small room and told that I was officially a permanent resident of Canada, I cried!!

I will add more details later, but THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYONE!!!
If I could not find this forum and could not meet you guys, I even can not imagine how I could deal with this long process.

THANK YOU, EVERYONE AGAIN!! AND BEST OF LUCK!!

Mint

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
mint said:
Dear INLANDERS,

I DID IT, EVERYONE!!!

Every thing went well, the interview which I was worried about was "landing interview".
We had to wait for almost one hour but when I was called to come into a small room and told that I was officially a permanent resident of Canada, I cried!!

If I could not find this forum and could not meet you guys, I even can not imagine how I could deal with this long process.

Mint
Oh wow! I got chills! Congratulations!!! Soooo happy for you Mint :D

W

waynevega

That's the kind of news we've been wishing to hear from you today, Mint!... Congratulations!... So, it was indeed the "examination interview" and not "the interview"..... just the one where they basically see you and your sponsor in person to make sure you are fine and also to check there are no errors on your COPR document.
So glad to hear it went well for you and your hubby!...
Mail is in today at the house but still no letter from my local office regarding my COPR appointment... Got my Ontario health card on the mail yesterday but still waiting for the "one" letter to arrive one of these days, I suspect...
Anybody else got good mail yesterday or today?.
WV

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is how my interview went,

When we arrived CIC office, there were already a lot of people waiting in front of the door.
The lady came out of the door and told all of us that we had been accepted for permanent resident. we were still in an elevator lobby though... then we lined up to be checked if we brought a correct size of photo, a receipt of payment, and the letter from CIC office.
It took us about 40 minutes that there were really a lot of people!! Then we were taken to a big room and waited again for about 15 minuets.

When we were called to come into a small room, I got a little nervous that I was still thinking they might ask me questions!! (silly me!)
Well, the officer asked me a couple of questions which I had seen in this forum so I was ready to answer.

-Is there any dependents outside of Canada?
-Have you been told to leave Canada?
-Have you been refused entering Canada?
(which I have, so I answered YES, and she already knew it because I explained about it in my application.)

Then, she told me to sign on a paper.... and everything was done!
When I heard "Welcome to Canada" like others posted in this forum how their interview went, I could not stop myself crying...
She asked me if I had any questions, but I could not even think of anything... I barely said NO...lol
On the way home, I was crying and laughing, my husband kept smiling and hugging me... and we had a little cerebration dinner.

Some of you guys might know, but some might not know about my whole situation, so I explain it with my time line.

I was refused entering Canada at Toronto airport because I did not have a return ticket with me. (I actually booked my return flight on-line in last minutes before leaving for Canada but I did not notice I got a message that there was an error, and had to do again.) I explained to the officer but he did not believe me... I was so unaware about immigration stuff and I regretted so badly that I did not prepare well. (I was going to see my husband, he was my boyfriend at that time)

a few months later, I visited to my husband again, and this time I was well prepared and they let me in and gave me 6 months stamp on my passport although I stayed for just one week.

2008 March
I came to Canada again to live with my husband. They let me in and gave me 6 months stamp on my passport.

2008 September
I applied for a visitor extension and was refused

2008 November
We hired a lawyer and I reapplied for a restoration of visitor status
We started gathering all information for sponsorship application

2009 March
I got a refusal letter (I lost my legal status)

2009 May
My husband and me got married
I took my medical exam

We were going to apply for my PR right after our wedding but we had to wait for 6 months to gather all documents we needed to include our application...

2009 December
We sent our inland application out (I had no status)

and after that, here is my process time line

Application started processing: February 23, 2010
Sponsor approved: August 24, 2010
Interview/Landed: September 21, 2010

Our process started December 2009, but I was waiting for this since I lost my status in May 2009...
I felt I was such a bad criminal overstaying here... I never commit any crime in my life, and I was so scared that some day immigration officers would come to my door and send me to my home country, and never see my husband again...
I even could not call police when the stranger broke into our apartment... I thought I would have to show them my ID and they would know I was overstaying here...and they would report immigration office about me:(

I still highly suggest you to keep your legal status, when it is about expired then renew it!
Lots of worries and no medical benefit, no drivers' license, no work, no school, no, no, no, nothing. It was very hard for me to live like this. I still can not believe that they did not call us for "interview"... I am very happy that they could see from our application that our marriage was true...

One more interesting thing, my medical had been expired in May, but they did not request me for second medical... I have no idea why.
I was going to get a second medical exam before my interview because I was expecting to be told to, and I wanted to save time. But I am glad that I did not... I saved my money:)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. A lot of you guys have helped me, and I am willing to help you too!
Thank you for reading my long post!!

Mint

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
mint said:
Dear INLANDERS,

I DID IT, EVERYONE!!!

Mint

aww congrats Mint! :-*

so according to ur timeline, u didnt have first stage approval, u got ur PR at once? and whole process was short then comparing with us who supposed to get AIP in 9 months when u got PR in 9-10 months. thats awesome. lucky u!
they should clarify that its landing interview! why would they give u frustration waiting for hell knows what kind of interview. anyways all is done. enjoy! ;)

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mint, I got so excited reading your post. I am happy you have PR now and can call the police anytime you want. :p

Did they tell you when your PR card should arrive? Like Asta, I am curious about the AIP, did you get that August 24, 2010 when your sponsor was approved?

Best of luck.

Let us know when you get your PR card.

Hugs!

W

waynevega

It's us who are thankful for you to share your CIC story with us, Mint. I think your case is one good example that shows that by telling the truth as it is, everything will be alright. Plus you always made an effort to retain legal status while in Canada. My medical has also expired since last month and on my "Your immigration process has been completed.." letter from last month they did not ask for another medical either. It's $250 that we can apply towards my landing fee, so I'm also grateful and hopeful my COPR appointment letter arrives soon so that we can also put all this process behind us and carry on with our family life here.
Congrats, once again!.
WV

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
mint said:
Dear INLANDERS,

I DID IT, EVERYONE!!!

Mint

YAY.... Congrats MINT ...

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, everyone!!!

Can't believe these warm messages are for me...
I had been wishing that someday I would be one of them who had landed and to receive warm words like this!!

About AIP, sorry for confusion that I did not write my time line clearly...
After we received my husband's sponsor approval letter(the letter dated August 24), I received the letter(Dated August 24) from Vegreville which was AIP(I think),and also received another letter(Dated September 1st) from my local office Edmonton about the interview. Two letters arrived on same day, so I did not really care about first one and only thinking about my interview... lol

So I got AIP letter and (landing)interview letter at a same time!

They only told me that PR card would be delivered by mail, did not say how long it would take.
I was too busy crying... and did not ask how long I would wait... I have one friend who became PR half year ago, so I can ask her how long she had to wait to receive her PR card by mail. It might be different depending on each office, I guess?

Mint