18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
MexicaTica said:
Hi robrod,

Congratulations.

If I understand correctly, you are now just waiting for the appointment to "land" or did CIC Scarsborough contact you already? When did you get AIP? Your timeline gives me hope. :)
yep, that sounds like landing interview. congratulations!

mint, best of luck at interview. do u know the date of it? how long u need to wait?

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Robrob,

Actually I received two letters at a same time, from Vegreville and from my local office(Edmonton).
One from Vegreville was exactly same as yours, and I was wondering about my second letter from my local office which I posted about an interview. I think you will receive your second letter from your local office sometime very soon.
In my second letter, they did not ask me any additional information to bring with me for the interview, so I am not sure whether I should prepare lots of pictures of my husband and me(and his family, friends etc...)which were taken after December 09 as proof of our genuine relationship.

Well... I guess better to be well prepared in any case...

MexicaTica,

My interview is on 21 of September... in a week!! I will do my best:)

Mint

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mint said:
MexicaTica,

My interview is on 21 of September... in a week!! I will do my best:)

Mint
Sorry, it was to Asta I posted...

Mint

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robrod said:
And talk about efficiency at the Edmonton local office... they sent you Mint the landing letter same day as Vegreville's one... I guess they are pretty busy here in Scarborough, Ontario... or has my postman delivered my letter to the wrong house???..
The letter from Vegreville dated August 24, and the letter from Edmonton local office dated September 1.... but they arrived on same day! (I think I got them on September 3) Interesting....

If I were you, I would wait 2 weeks after the date they sent the letter out(the date on ecas) and if it did not arrive, then I would call CIC call center... but it might depend on your local office how fast they are like you said...? I am not sure...

Please post when you get your second letter! I wish you the best of luck!!

Mint

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Different local offices have different timelines, Scarborough is a busier office so 1- 3 months isn't an unusual wait time there. I'm in Winnipeg and when i recieved my completed processing in July i landed a month later, but my letter never came i was able to get my MP to arrange a landing appointment for me as i had to return home for a few days to say my goodbyes to a sick close relative. So dont worry, CIC call centre cant tell you if an apointment is booked they can only tell you if a letter has been sent from vegreville, and not from the local CIC as these letters are not entered onto the system. If you're really worried you can usually pop into your local CIC and they will be able to give you a better idea for the timelines they are working on.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
srcc said:
Already on December 20, 2009!!!!! :)
wow thats fast! comparing how much stress they gave us going through november applications.
either they really all were on vacation, leaving one person to work
or november had too many applications
or december has too little applications.
and most likely they have been scolded by their boss for being so slow.
i hope they will fix my papers till they reach Christmas holidays! :-X

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Wahoo! I love seeing that.
The only time I can see it slowing down again is for Thanksgiving but mostly Christmas. Then after the New Year it should be faster processing again.
Everybody hold tight, looks like they are sneaking on January applicants soon. :)

Can't wait until that processing time goes down again. If it stays at this pace then it should be back near 6 months in no time.
Well I can't help but hope anyway. ;)

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED TODAY in QUÉBEC!

Man! I just became a PR a few hours ago and I still can't believe it! my immigration journey has come to an end. Now I have to wait between 4 and 6 week for my PR card.

I wish you all, fellow immigrants , the best luck in your respective processes.

:)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Congratulations Jordana!!..
Wow!. December 20th!!. yaaayyyyy!!!......
kits about time they got cracking with our stuff!!.

Msaso

Apr 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone, first at all CONGRATS to the ones who already has the interview or landing!!!
I am a little worry because I sent my application in Nov 09 and received in July 15 my AIP and OWP.
Some people have received the PR just 1 1/2 month after the AIP.
I received in July 15th three letters from the CIC. One for my husband saying that he was accepted as sponsor, my OWP and another letter for me saying that I meet the requirements to apply for a PR but the final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met.
The thing is I don´t see any instruction to follow, I don´t know if my case was sending to other office or remain in Vegreville. Do I need to wait until...?
I sent the medical exam and criminal background check with the application... When I go online, the CIC says Decision Made but with the letter I´have not received any instruction...

Someone has a case similar than mine?

Thank for your help...
MSASO

R

robrod

Yes, my case!... scroll up or go to my thread: Decision Made, awaiting to be contacted by local office... Your timeline and mine are very close.. look it up.

rusbear

Jul 11, 2009
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey INLANDERS!

Is there enyone who has a dependant outside seeking for PR at the same time/process.
I'm curious how much longer to get PR in Canada if CIC has to check a dependant outside before. Does anybody have this kind of information?