Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
srcc said:
So now they are sending letters to people who sent their application in February 2010... I wonder why they ask for information about work if the person being sponsored can not even work??
good question! We got the same letter a few weeks ago, along with a form to fill out. Pretty short answers! My fiancee volunteers at a charity-run secondhand store (none of the helpers are compensated); perhaps they know this and wanted more details? That's about the only reason we could think of... it does seem pretty weird though.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Nine3001 said:
Our ECAS has not been updated since May... it just keeps saying our application is in process as of May 18... but we were surprised today when we received a letter from immigration requesting us to update his work and address information. They provided us with a IMM 5608 E form to fill out with the form already partially filled by the immigration officer (name, client ID) and the applicable information requested highlighted. The letter stated in detail the exact dates they needed the information for (pretty much March to now for everything, which the reason why we didn't give them this information is because we sent it to them in February! lol) At least we know now they're actually looking throughout our application.

This is starting to get really stressful for both my husband and I. If we could have foreseen this, we would have just applied outland. I just hope this process ends soon (or, I hope they give him a god-damn work permit, living in downtown Vancouver with an income of $2000 a month between two people is really difficult, and we've been doing that for 8 months now.)
Hi,

I am also stressing out because they started processing my applicaton on may 10th and i haven't heard anything from them since then. I submitted my application on 2oth inland fam-class.

Good luck and i know what you are going through very well.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
srcc said:
So now they are sending letters to people who sent their application in February 2010... I wonder why they ask for information about work if the person being sponsored can not even work??
I think because in the forms where you have to answer the question about past-present employment you have to write un-employed the time you are in Canada waiting for pr.

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more week without changes... All the "Permanent Residence Applications" section is the same as last week... Do they need employees?

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Oh man! Are they ever going to move on from November 28 applications? Wow.

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
This is insanity. Don't they realize the effect this has on people??? I pay an exorbitant amount of taxes, and don't use our social safety nets, have kids in school, drive on the highways, make use of healthcare... too bad I couldn't direct that cash to somewhere that actually does me some good, like hiring on a few extra IO's!

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi flower07, Are you using the the payment receipt number to log in ecas?

flower07 said:
I could log in ecas today for the first time :)

Here is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 6, 2010.

We started processing your application on June 18, 2010.

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Fellas.

I know that the situation seems unbearable, but all we can do is think positive and be patient.

I'm aware of the November 28th problem, but that is relatively normal in a Month such as August.

The CIC offices run fast during spring and Fall (February, March, April, May) and (September, October and November)

The rest of the months are simply nuts. Half of the bureaucrats go on Vacation (Christmas or summer), so that's why the processing times seem not to move at all.

On Summer is specially bad, because they take the vacation by batches (on June, 20 employees, on July, another 20...ect)

So this is the root of the mystery. On December-January they take the week or two weeks of winter vacation and we cannot forget all the holidays in between those two moments.

For example, if they are willing to send you a letter, and they do it on Easter, you can expect the letter within... 15, 20 days?

Because there will be a holiday and several weekends in between.

So, let's all be patient fellas, we will make it.

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am a Canadian Citizen living and working in the US. I migrated to Canada long time ago. About 11 years ago. When I filled my immigration form I did not include my spouse and kids since I wasn't legally married to their mother at that time. Latter when I got my citizenship I when back home to seek her hand in marriage which was granted by the Government Authority at that time. I never bother to bring them to Canada. I moved to US to live and work. Later, I used my US H1B work permit to bring them to US. After some years, I applied for Canada Visitor Visa which was granted. I wanted to sponsor then to Canada for PR but was told that it will not work unless I return to Canada and live. Now we're all in Canada. Based on some devise can I apply for them inland or outland?

Since they're in Canada with me as a Visitor,

1. Are they Canadian Citizen based on April 29, 2009 new law for automation citizenship?
2. If I apply for them as inland will they allow my wife to work and extend their visa?
3. Will they allow my kids to go to school?
4. Can I apply for outland what are the benefits?
5. Can I apply for inland what are the benefits?

Please let me know what are my options based on the above scenario.

Thanks,

Akinmike

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Hey Jordana,
Its very kind of you to post your positive vibes. Thank you. It is nerve wracking for families who consider Tuesdays (when ECAS updates) as a personal family occation. Its all because they might find they are closer to the security of knowing they are free to live as a family.
It can often be VERY frustrating. We will all get through this. And thankfully we have others just like us who know what we are going through. It may be one of your lifes biggest challanges...but its worth the wait!

Best wishes to everyone out there! ;D

jordana said:
Hi Fellas.

I know that the situation seems unbearable, but all we can do is think positive and be patient.

I'm aware of the November 28th problem, but that is relatively normal in a Month such as August.

The CIC offices run fast during spring and Fall (February, March, April, May) and (September, October and November)

The rest of the months are simply nuts. Half of the bureaucrats go on Vacation (Christmas or summer), so that's why the processing times seem not to move at all.

On Summer is specially bad, because they take the vacation by batches (on June, 20 employees, on July, another 20...ect)

So this is the root of the mystery. On December-January they take the week or two weeks of winter vacation and we cannot forget all the holidays in between those two moments.

For example, if they are willing to send you a letter, and they do it on Easter, you can expect the letter within... 15, 20 days?

Because there will be a holiday and several weekends in between.

So, let's all be patient fellas, we will make it.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
No worrys. Keep strong :D I loved your Daisyline..I just had to get one too.. ;D
I see Mr. Marley as your profile pic. May I ask are you Jamaican? My husband is from Jamaica. And we are gong through Vegreville as well.

suenim said:
Oh man! Are they ever going to move on from November 28 applications? Wow.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Ok so i just came back in the country. Havin left for one month to Bermuda :) . I thought i wd have problems but it was soo easy!. the IO asked me how long my paperwork has been processed for and when i told him he said "those people!" and rolled his eyes!. I think that was cute!..
i had a multiple entry visa though and my canadian family was with me as well

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Janadian said:
No worrys. Keep strong :D I loved your Daisyline..I just had to get one too.. ;D
I see Mr. Marley as your profile pic. May I ask are you Jamaican? My husband is from Jamaica. And we are gong through Vegreville as well.
Tx ;D. I like the daisyline feature. Yes I am Jamaican. I can't wait for the process to be over. Hope they speed up the processing times soon.

CanAmerica

Sep 2, 2010
For those of you that have been waiting for PR for 3 years or longer if your time in canada can tabulate up to 3 years, you can just apply for citizenship, may be an easier route for some if you wanted to become a citizen. Just take the test, Canada is one country that doesnt make you renounce your former citizenship either, however for those of you that are Amarican citizens I will tell you this you can reatin your US citizenship when you get canadian citizenship but dont ever say the word dual at the border. I researched this extensively, canada recognizes dual but US does not, so when crossing the border into the US you are Amaerican, with American passport(just make sure to renew) and in Canada you are Canadian with Canadian passport.