+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
But isn't that what we just did, changed the address for both me and her as clients?
no :) think of outland application, may be that's easier for you to understand. just because the applicant address is changed, shouldn't change the address of the sponsor, and vice versa. for better communication, change address on both sponsor and applicant. when it asked about other people in the application, it refers to dependents.

sponsorship application is different from application to residency. if you log in as sponsor, you will see two separate applications and process.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
no :) think of outland application, may be that's easier for you to understand. just because the applicant address is changed, shouldn't change the address of the sponsor, and vice versa. for better communication, change address on both sponsor and applicant. when it asked about other people in the application, it refers to dependents.

sponsorship application is different from application to residency. if you log in as sponsor, you will see two separate applications and process.
Oh dependents. Shoot! Didn't we screw up then by adding me when we changed my wifes adress, and adding her when we changed mine? That's what i was worried about. Dont want to mess up and cause delays.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Oh dependents. Shoot! Didn't we screw up then by adding me when we changed my wifes adress, and adding her when we changed mine? That's what i was worried about. Dont want to mess up and cause delays.
not a big deal. am sure it happens a lot. as long as the address is valid, it is fine. just check back after few days to make sure new address is showing.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
the mystery of the last letter CIC sent to us continues:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on September 11, 2014.
2.We sent you a letter on August 31, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (SA & AIP)
3.We sent you a letter on September 3, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (DM)
4.We sent you a letter on September 16, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (LANDING LETTER)
5.You entered Canada at the Edmonton office on September 24, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.
6.We sent you a letter on September 25, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (NOTHING ?)

Till this day we didn't get anything. Do you think it's worth bothering and calling the call centre about this? Or should we just ignore it?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaryLou6 said:

2.We sent you a letter on August 31, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (SA & AIP)
3.We sent you a letter on September 3, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (DM)
4.We sent you a letter on September 16, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (LANDING LETTER)
5.You entered Canada at the Edmonton office on September 24, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.
6.We sent you a letter on September 25, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (NOTHING ?)

Till this day we didn't get anything. Do you think it's worth bothering and calling the call centre about this? Or should we just ignore it?
you can verify with CIC help line about it. wouldn't stress too much about it. few people have got that line for PR card i believe, but not that quick.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Usually if the request is straight forward (no special requests, all ID's properly submitted), it is usually sent within 30 days after the request is submitted. We had ours received 35 days (30 days plus 5 days for mail delivery). If special request like French printout in an English speaking province or English printout in Quebec, don't be surprised if the request took more than than 30 days to complete. I wouldn't be.

Anyway how long has it been since you sent in your request?
I waited 30 days, then I sent an email to them asking when the request will be fulfilled.

Then today they sent me an email explaining that they're working lots of overtime, and I should wait for 5 more days, then 5 minutes later they sent me my notes.

Seems like the standard practice is for them to wait till they get an email, then take 5 minutes and hit whatever button sends notes over to someone requesting them.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
MaryLou6 said:

How can you be this far in the process in just over a year when website says the initial stage alone is approx 16 months? Do they cherry pick? I thought it was more a fair line kind of deal.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
How can you be this far in the process in just over a year when website says the initial stage alone is approx 16 months? Do they cherry pick? I thought it was more a fair line kind of deal.
CIC gave different officers different months in order to reduce the huge delay in processing. somehow an officer picked up september.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
SamHom said:
Hahaha.... oh that's a good one.

CIC is far too primitive to do things in order.
Their advanced filing system thought September happened in the middle of March.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
chakrab said:
you can verify with CIC help line about it. wouldn't stress too much about it. few people have got that line for PR card i believe, but not that quick.
Thanks, +1! I will probably hold off for now and wait and see if the card will get here anytime soon.

SamHom said:
We got lucky, but I've noticed there's many applicants from September and October getting DM's. I have no idea why they are not doing this in order..

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Wow. Thats great for the people being processed faster but I mean come on, some people have to wait over 2 years and some people get it all done in just over one year? Thats so unfair.

chakrab said:
CIC gave different officers different months in order to reduce the huge delay in processing. somehow an officer picked up september.
Could you show me any link to where it says that CIC have to contact me before I apply for a work permit? Because our lawyer says that the fact that my wife has recieved an email being approved is enough and that thats how they do it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Wow. Thats great for the people being processed faster but I mean come on, some people have to wait over 2 years and some people get it all done in just over one year? Thats so unfair.

Could you show me any link to where it says that CIC have to contact me before I apply for a work permit? Because our lawyer says that the fact that my wife has recieved an email being approved is enough and that thats how they do it.
Not sure which of you is the applicant, so...

If you/she has received the AIP letter, then you/she can apply for the OWP now.

If you/she has not received the AIP email, but still have legal status in Canada (even Implied Status), you/she can apply for the OWP now.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:

like i mentioned before, you can apply for the pilot program OWP now. but you wanted to apply for the stage 2 owp, for which you need the AIP. you need to be in status for pilot program. are you in legal status now? also you need to extend your passport for either one and you will only get permit till the expiry date and then pay again for a new permit.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
like i mentioned before, you can apply for the pilot program OWP now. but you wanted to apply for the stage 2 owp, for which you need the AIP. you need to be in status for pilot program. are you in legal status now? also you need to extend your passport for either one and you will only get permit till the expiry date and then pay again for a new permit.
Ponga said:
Not sure which of you is the applicant, so...

If you/she has received the AIP letter, then you/she can apply for the OWP now.

If you/she has not received the AIP email, but still have legal status in Canada (even Implied Status), you/she can apply for the OWP now.
Unfortunetly no status. Thats why I cannot benefit from the pilot program. We sent application for PR on time but didn't realize we had to send application for work permit at the same time.

Our lawyer says that we can apply for a work permit now since my wife has received a letter saying she has been accepted. But on here it seems that is not the case. Where can I find information about that I need AIP before applying, and that my wife being accepted is not sufficient?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your lawyer is wrong. You cannot apply for the [regular] OWP until you, the PR applicant, have received the all-important AIP letter. The good news, is that it usually comes right after the SA letter, so...hopefully you'll see it any day now. The other good news, is that unlike the pilot OWP, the regular AIP doesn't take 4 months to process (but it still takes a couple of months +/-).

Take a look through CIC document IP8 and you'll see what is involved in the process. Start with the bottom of page 37, followed by the letter on page 44 (the AIP letter):

(from the AIP letter)-
If you are not already in possession of a valid work permit or you have a work permit but wish to
work elsewhere, or do not possess a valid study permit and you wish to attend school for more
than six months, you may apply for either or both.