+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
Your lawyer is wrong. You cannot apply for the [regular] OWP until you, the PR applicant, have received the all-important AIP letter. The good news, is that it usually comes right after the SA letter, so...hopefully you'll see it any day now. The other good news, is that unlike the pilot OWP, the regular AIP doesn't take 4 months to process (but it still takes a couple of months +/-).

Take a look through CIC document IP8 and you'll see what is involved in the process. Start with the bottom of page 37, followed by the letter on page 44 (the AIP letter):

(from the AIP letter)-
If you are not already in possession of a valid work permit or you have a work permit but wish to
work elsewhere, or do not possess a valid study permit and you wish to attend school for more
than six months, you may apply for either or both.

Thank you for your response,

Here it is:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

Page 37 talks about Quebec cases. Page 44 does not have an AIP letter. Instead it is information about what is needed/required to prove a genuine relationship.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Thank you for your response,

Here it is:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

Page 37 talks about Quebec cases. Page 44 does not have an AIP letter. Instead it is information about what is needed/required to prove a genuine relationship.
Sorry, but the version of IP08 that I have is from a couple of years ago. Even though CIC has since updated it, that information is in there...somewhere.

Happy reading. ;)

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
Sorry, but the version of IP08 that I have is from a couple of years ago. Even though CIC has since updated it, that information is in there...somewhere.

Happy reading. ;)
Haha!

I've been looking through it. I really don't think that information is in there. It DOES say that AIP, Approval in Principle, is necessary. However it does not specify what it is. If I am correct my lawyer said that AIP was done. This won't prove anything to him lol.

Oct 3, 2015
chakrab said:
have you received a new passport? if so, you can apply for an extension to the PGWP for the remaining of the years (so another 9 months). or you use the pilot program for inland, and apply for a 2 years new open work permit. for either, you need a new passport.
I think people who applied after/in December 2015 are eligible for Pilot work permit program. Can somebody please confirm if I am correct. Do we have any other option, really appreciate your answers guys.

Oct 3, 2015
Ponga said:
You don't need to wait for AIP to submit the OWP. As long as CIC is aware that you have sent an Inland application, that's all that is required.
Thanks for the answer. What category can i apply under? Unfortunately we are not getting any options in the online platform.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Haha!

I've been looking through it. I really don't think that information is in there. It DOES say that AIP, Approval in Principle, is necessary. However it does not specify what it is. If I am correct my lawyer said that AIP was done. This won't prove anything to him lol.
Have a look at page 53 (Section 13). This tells you that you need the AIP to be eligible for the OWP.

Here's a link to the previous version of IP08, where you can find the actual AIP letter:
http://web.archive.org/web/20140715000000*/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

Just pick a date prior to April 2015

iffi1185

Apr 22, 2014
Hi,

My wife finally received her Landing Interview. Is IMM5401 same as the online receipt when you pay your fees online??? Please let me know. Thanks!

AOR: March 3, 2014
AIP: Aug 6, 2014
Received OWP: March 18, 2015
Landing: October 13, 2015

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
iffi1185 said:
Hi,

My wife finally received her Landing Interview. Is IMM5401 same as the online receipt when you pay your fees online??? Please let me know. Thanks!

AOR: March 3, 2014
AIP: Aug 6, 2014
Received OWP: March 18, 2015
Landing: October 13, 2015
Congratulations.

But I don't understand. How can it be so fast for so many people? Website says 26 months for entire process. If it happens to plenty of people, it's not being lucky, it's the norm.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi guys. Just want to ask if anybody knows what are the wait times for Saskatoon office for a landing date/interview? Thank you.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
MaryLou6 said:
the mystery of the last letter CIC sent to us continues:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on September 11, 2014.
2.We sent you a letter on August 31, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (SA & AIP)
3.We sent you a letter on September 3, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (DM)
4.We sent you a letter on September 16, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (LANDING LETTER)
5.You entered Canada at the Edmonton office on September 24, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.
6.We sent you a letter on September 25, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (NOTHING ?)

Till this day we didn't get anything. Do you think it's worth bothering and calling the call centre about this? Or should we just ignore it?
We're almost have the similar timeline, I also landed in Edmonton the same date with you, I'm a September 2014 applicant too. I checked my e-cas and we have the same message (no.6). I don't think it's the PR card because during my interview she told me that PR card will be delivered 6-8 weeks since the time you landed. Thanks Marylou, keep us updated.

Thanks

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
How long does it take to get an OWP after AIP these days? Not from the Pilot program.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
LAKEWOOD said:
We're almost have the similar timeline, I also landed in Edmonton the same date with you, I'm a September 2014 applicant too. I checked my e-cas and we have the same message (no.6). I don't think it's the PR card because during my interview she told me that PR card will be delivered 6-8 weeks since the time you landed. Thanks Marylou, keep us updated.

Thanks
Interesting, I will let you know if we get anything :)