+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
because for inland, the first stage involves both sponsor and applicant assessment.

FOR INLAND
Stage 1 - Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored
Stage 2 - Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored

FOR OUTLAND
Stage 1 - Assessment of Sponsor
Stage 2 - Assessment of Person Being Sponsored (applicant)
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Could you explain what MaryLou6 meant by what she said? "We've waited a few days for DM, some people wait 2-3 months, but most get's the DM about a week after AIP. It is not a rule though, if your case is not straight forward and you have dependents it might be longer."

I am not in second stage and cannot apply for work permit before I get AIP? Once I get AIP, it generally only takes a few weeks before the DM (decision made, and I have PR?). Does that mean I will likely have to wait many months to get AIP? Or this it mean I will get AIP soon most likely and PR soon most likely too? Sorry I am confused.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol i am trying to reply to you in two threads. what it means is that after AIP, they assess the medical and police reports. if they admit your medical, then they will make their decision quick. if they ask for a new medical report, then they send you the request and put your file in the queue. that delays the process by couple of months. so really depends when you did your medicals. are they older than a year.

after DM, they send the file to the local office. then the local office will give you an appointment for the landing interview. that can take a month.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
lol i am trying to reply to you in two threads. what it means is that after AIP, they assess the medical and police reports. if they admit your medical, then they will make their decision quick. if they ask for a new medical report, then they send you the request and put your file in the queue. that delays the process by couple of months. so really depends when you did your medicals. are they older than a year.
The medical has unfortunately expired (feb 2014). I mean the initial stage has been over a year, so I dont see how there was any way getting around this.
I should expect to get AIP within weeks, and after that how long should it take for them to request medical?

So, we update my wifes moving information now? And we do not include me under "other persons"? Instead, we change my adress once I get the AIP and my own client number?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
The medical has unfortunately expired (feb 2014). I mean the initial stage has been over a year, so I dont see how there was any way getting around this.
I should expect to get AIP within weeks, and after that how long should it take for them to request medical?

So, we update my wifes moving information now? And we do not include me under "other persons"? Instead, we change my adress once I get the AIP and my own client number?
first log into e-cas with her client id and info and change the address for sponsor side. . then log back into e-cas with your client id and info and then update address for applicant side.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
first log into e-cas with her client id and info and change the address for sponsor side. . then log back into e-cas with your client id and info and then update address for applicant side.
But I don't have any client id since they haven't contacted me yet. In the email sent to her saying she's been approved, they said they will contact me separately but haven't yet. Its been close to a week.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
But I don't have any client id since they haven't contacted me yet. In the email sent to her saying she's been approved, they said they will contact me separately but haven't yet. Its been close to a week.
for the applicant side, you can also use the application number. it should be on the document sent to your spouse (starting with F).

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
for the applicant side, you can also use the application number. it should be on the document sent to your spouse (starting with F).
Oh okay. I am not familiar with e-cas since application was sent my mail. The email they sent says to do it through online service at cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-adress.asp

Thats what you're talking about?

Would we really have the same application number though?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Oh okay. I am not familiar with e-cas since application was sent my mail. The email they sent says to do it through online service at cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-adress.asp

Thats what you're talking about?

Would we really have the same application number though?
Try this link for e-cas
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

to log as sponsor: use your spouse's client id in identification type and her last name, dob and place of birth
to log as application: use the application number in identification type and your last name, dob and place of birth

once logged in, you will see a link to change address. you will notice that changing to one, doesn't change on the other. so need to change at both ends.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
Try this link for e-cas
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

to log as sponsor: use your spouse's client id in identification type and her last name, dob and place of birth
to log as application: use the application number in identification type and your last name, dob and place of birth

once logged in, you will see a link to change address. you will notice that changing to one, doesn't change on the other. so need to change at both ends.
But should i really do mine separate then? After my wife fills out her information, it asks "If other persons listed in your application are also changing to the new address, please enter the following information." Shouldn't i just put my information there, if the application number is the same anyway? I thought I shouldn't do that at first since it was considered separate applications, but if the same, then....?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
But should i really do mine separate then? After my wife fills out her information, it asks "If other persons listed in your application are also changing to the new address, please enter the following information." Shouldn't i just put my information there, if the application number is the same anyway? I thought I shouldn't do that at first since it was considered separate applications, but if the same, then....?
you can put your name there with your wife. but you will have to change the address on your end as well.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
you can put your name there with your wife. but you will have to change the address on your end as well.
Hm, are you sure? Makes no sense why they would that option then? It says it can take up to 15 days for them to change it.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Hm, are you sure? Makes no sense why they would that option then? It says it can take up to 15 days for them to change it.
change takes less than that usually. you should see it within a few days. if you are unsure, check address at the applicant end first and see if the change migrates to the sponsor end.

mind you the e-cas is not just for this application. it's based on the client id. so it's the address associated with the client. like i had my citizenship application going on at the same time as my sponsorship. so just by changing the address for the sponsorship application from my wife's end, wouldn't change the address associated with me. hence one had to change address for each client individually. for you, it's just one application that why it's hard for you to understand.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
chakrab said:
change takes less than that usually. you should see it within a few days
Alright. But I have to ask, how do you know adding me when she change her address is not enough? It makes no sense why they would even have that option if its not sufficient.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
Alright. But I have to ask, how do you know adding me when she change her address is not enough? It makes no sense why they would even have that option if its not sufficient.
because you are changing address for the "client". not the application.