+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

k.hardstaff

Aug 23, 2014
Hi there,

My wife received her AOR today! We submitted on September 3.

In the letter we received, they told if to notify them of any changes in her status. Her current permit is a working holiday visa (her second; it cannot be renewed). That visa is set to expire imminently. Should we notify them of this or not? I know that she can stay and that she cannot work. She will be under implied visitor status (can't get implied worker status from a workin holiday visa).

So yeah, not sure if we should notify them or whether her implied status comes into effect automatically.

Please advise! Thanks!!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
k.hardstaff said:
Hi there,

My wife received her AOR today! We submitted on September 3.

In the letter we received, they told if to notify them of any changes in her status. Her current permit is a working holiday visa (her second; it cannot be renewed). That visa is set to expire imminently. Should we notify them of this or not? I know that she can stay and that she cannot work. She will be under implied visitor status (can't get implied worker status from a workin holiday visa).

So yeah, not sure if we should notify them or whether her implied status comes into effect automatically.

Please advise! Thanks!!
If you submitted the OWP with application, then the wife would get "implied status" as a VISITOR only. She would not be able to work past the working holiday visa.

So you don't have to do anything.

Screech339

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed. She would ONLY have implied status if the OWP was sent WITH the Inland sponsorship application.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
any progress for 2014 applicants? .. Looks like the CIC phone number is not working. We tried calling, no one picks the phone and gets disconnected. Are you facing the same thing from this week.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vik999 said:
any progress for 2014 applicants? .. Looks like the CIC phone number is not working. We tried calling, no one picks the phone and gets disconnected. Are you facing the same thing from this week.
Yeah same here, cant call them at all.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Just got my GCMS notes.

Looks like they opened my file once every month in June, July, and August.

I know that CIC has received my medicals (confirmed via call centre) but my notes don't show any information past my AOR date.

I'm concerned because the 2nd half of my postal code in Toronto is entered incorrectly on the file! Should I call & ask them to fix it? Because the call centre
people apparently have my right postal code (they ask every time for identification) so I don't know what's up with that?

Notes also show that so far 3 agents have worked on my file which looks like mere data entry as opposed to processing of the case itself.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
azarme09 said:
Just got my GCMS notes.

Looks like they opened my file once every month in June, July, and August.

I know that CIC has received my medicals (confirmed via call centre) but my notes don't show any information past my AOR date.

I'm concerned because the 2nd half of my postal code in Toronto is entered incorrectly on the file! Should I call & ask them to fix it? Because the call centre
people apparently have my right postal code (they ask every time for identification) so I don't know what's up with that?

Notes also show that so far 3 agents have worked on my file which looks like mere data entry as opposed to processing of the case itself.

Those who filed after March 2014 , has anyone able to login to ECAS and check status online.. pls tell. I am not able to check my status . filed in May 2014.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
No.

vik999 said:
Those who filed after March 2014 , has anyone able to login to ECAS and check status online.. pls tell. I am not able to check my status . filed in May 2014.

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hello guys, just wanna ask something regarding the gcms notes, coz I ordered it last sept 9 and it's been 30 days already but I haven't received mine, did you guys get it after 30 days exactly? Thanks

Adam24

Aug 23, 2011
vik999 said:
I am sponsoring my wife. I sent her application to Alberta around 2nd march which I guess were then sent to Mississauga. It was received on 19th March.

I have only been to check ecas for last 4-5 days.

Mississauga case processing team sent me a letter on 1st October to supply additional information for my wife. We didn't enter my wife's personal history since her 18th birthday in one of the forms.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Adam24 said:
I am sponsoring my wife. I sent her application to Alberta around 2nd march which I guess were then sent to Mississauga. It was received on 19th March.

I have only been to check ecas for last 4-5 days.

Mississauga case processing team sent me a letter on 1st October to supply additional information for my wife. We didn't enter my wife's personal history since her 18th birthday in one of the forms.
That means, they have started atleast looking at applications. Maybe we wil hear too in few days... Lets keep our fingers cross...

oh101

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Does any know If I can still apply inland PR together with OWP application in the same package to CPC-M?

Or I have to sent OWP application to CPC-V???

But what to include in the application package to CPC-V??

Very confuse can't find any information out there.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
OWP goes in the same packet to CPC-M.

oh101 said:
Does any know If I can still apply inland PR together with OWP application in the same package to CPC-M?

Or I have to sent OWP application to CPC-V???

But what to include in the application package to CPC-V??

Very confuse can't find any information out there.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Not until you get AIP.

If OWP goes with the PR application, you get implied status. If you didn't include it in the package, you will have to renew your existing status continuously until you get AIP.

Flames2014 said:
can I send it to CPC-M the OWP application after they received the INLAND application? Like completing the application?