20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
azarme09 said:
Sponsor gets a UCI assigned even if they were born in Canada because now CIC has an application on file for their spouse.
Azarme09 is correct. I am born in Canada and gotten an assigned UCI when I gotten the sponsor approval stage for my wife.

Screech339

Silence.C

Apr 3, 2014
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Monkeyfish said:
HOW does someone born in Canada even find out what their UCI is?
In my case. My wife who is sponsor and born in canada. We call CIC last week , a nice agent pick up the phone. We ask her we need informaton to login ecas. Then she ask when do we sent the application and my wife's name,DOB and mine. she check for few second give us 2 UCI number one for me and one for my wife start with xxxx-xxxx

StefanoR

Apr 24, 2014
28january said:
That's so great!

Now I'm wondering though...

Were you able to get your temp work permit because you're from a visa exempt country? Or is it because of its post doc nature?
It was because of the postdoc nature of the job offer.

You can find a document with all the details if you search on google for cic fw manual (I tried to post a link but it says I am not allowed)

But there are very limited options. Although you should know that you can work as a freelancer or in general you can do any job that does not require you to be physically in Canada (for example any job on the internet).

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Just an fyi for those considering leaving Canada while we wait on the inland processing. I made the decision to leave Canada to attend a wedding in the U.S. I re-entered Canada without status because I had stopped working at the job for which I had a closed work permit. They let me back in and issued a visitor visa for 1 year at the border. Bear in mind, my wife (sponsor) was with me and we had the AOR notification, including essentially every other piece of supporting documents to verify our existence. I am U.S. citizen. It it was a risk I know, but had to make the call as it was an important life event for my best friend.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
StefanoR said:
It was because of the postdoc nature of the job offer.

You can find a document with all the details if you search on google for cic fw manual (I tried to post a link but it says I am not allowed)

But there are very limited options. Although you should know that you can work as a freelancer or in general you can do any job that does not require you to be physically in Canada (for example any job on the internet).
I guess you meant this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/codes.asp

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
This might be a good resource for new commers and even for people who were refused Sponsorship
http://users.resist.ca/noii-van.resist.ca/legal_resources.html

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Sophieee,
I want to ask you about extending your stay.. Did you attach any bank statement to prove a finical stability to remain in Canada?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Sophieee,
I want to ask you about extending your stay.. Did you attach any bank statement to prove a finical stability to remain in Canada?
Yes, I believe the online app asked for a 6 months statement, so I uploaded a PDF with a Guarantor's letter of financial support from my husband, a 6 months statement of our joint bank account with a little bit of saving on it and my husband's latest Notice of Assessment.
This might be too much, but I wanted to make sure that I will get the one year extension, and not just the 6 months like the first time I applied.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Hello,
Has anyone experienced sending videos CD to CIC?
We need to send some information to CIC and we were thinking to add some more photos and videos.

serida

Aug 7, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28, 2014
;) I just given birth a month ago. So, I need to send my son's birth certificate to CIC. If anyone know that i should write down my uci & FN on a paper to put in the envelope or just write down on the envelope?? Thank you guys for the help!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
cic is now processing applications up to AUGUST 20TH 2013!

(call centre machine update)

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
serida said:
;) I just given birth a month ago. So, I need to send my son's birth certificate to CIC. If anyone know that i should write down my uci & FN on a paper to put in the envelope or just write down on the envelope?? Thank you guys for the help!
Congrats.
You can simply send it via case inquiry. google CIC case inquiry and you then should be able to provide your application#, UCI# and scan of the baby BC.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
You should attach an information sheet with all new documents sent to cic. You may edit & use my template below:

PLEASE FIND THE COPY OF THE ---- ATTACHED WITH THIS INFORMATION SHEET. THIS UPDATE IS REGARDING THE SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP AND PR APPLICATION OF -- AND --

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

Surname - Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document:
Given name(s) - Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document:
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Country of birth:
(If available) Universal Client Identifier/Client ID Number:
(If available) Application number:
Your current status in Canada:
The expiration date of that status:
Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses:
Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all:
Date the application was submitted:
The address where the application was sent:
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4
(if applicable) The postal company and tracking number if you sent your application via registered mail:
CANADA POST XPRESSPOST

DOCUMENT UPDATE:

(Document details go here, for eg if you had a baby, write the birth certificate number, date of birth, place of birth, address of baby, parent information here. Use separate lines)

SPONSOR

Country of birth:
Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses:
Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all:
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4
(if applicable) The postal company and tracking number if you sent your application via registered mail:
CANADA POST XPRESSPOST

serida said:

serida

Aug 7, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28, 2014
azarme09 said:
You should attach an information sheet with all new documents sent to cic. You may edit & use my template below:

PLEASE FIND THE COPY OF THE ---- ATTACHED WITH THIS INFORMATION SHEET. THIS UPDATE IS REGARDING THE SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP AND PR APPLICATION OF -- AND --

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

Country of birth:
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4
CANADA POST XPRESSPOST

DOCUMENT UPDATE:

(Document details go here, for eg if you had a baby, write the birth certificate number, date of birth, place of birth, address of baby, parent information here. Use separate lines)

SPONSOR

Country of birth:
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4
CANADA POST XPRESSPOST

WOW! Thanks