+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you everyone for your anwers ! Ok, so after reading trough many many posts here on the forum I am thinking of sending the PR application when I have all the doucments AND include a restoration of status application, since I`m gonna be in the 90 days when I can send a restoration of status app. That would be legal and would keep my legal status right ? Good or bad idea ? :-[ or sending a visa extension before my status expires, like u said, and for in case it gets refused, I could submit afterwards a restoration of status and include the copy of the PR application ? could I reapply for in case my visa extension gets refused ?

thanks and best wishes to you all !

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
dadoB said:
thank you everyone for your anwers ! Ok, so after reading trough many many posts here on the forum I am thinking of sending the PR application when I have all the doucments AND include a restoration of status application, since I`m gonna be in the 90 days when I can send a restoration of status app. That would be legal and would keep my legal status right ? Good or bad idea ? :-[ or sending a visa extension before my status expires, like u said, and for in case it gets refused, I could submit afterwards a restoration of status and include the copy of the PR application ? could I reapply for in case my visa extension gets refused ?

thanks and best wishes to you all !
Applying for a restoration of status does not make you keep your status legal. I strongly suggest you apply for an extension first. Then submit your PR application when you have all the papers. I would apply for extension the long way. Submitting it in paper , not online, this way, the process is much much slower and thus would give you time to gather all the papers you need for PR application and submit it before CIC makes a decision on your extension.

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you screech ! yes, I will do that, I send an visa extension and will include in the visa application everything I could gather until now for the PR application. I have on the 20th an appointment at the embassy of my homecountry for my police certificate and will ask, if they can write me also a letter where they confirm, I need the police certificate for my PR application. I also include a letter in my extension app explaining the whole situation, pay stubs from my partner and all that. Then I can only hope it goes trough ! And maybe, for in case it gets denied, there`s gonna be a way for me, to await the outcome of my PR application. thank you !

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
computergeek said:
Actually, one of the reasons to use the Inland process is that an applicant can be out of status. The Public Policy is that an applicant that entered Canada legally but is now out of status will not be removed by CBSA with an Inland application in process. There are limits to this (it's a public policy, not a law or regulation) and if you are already in the process of being removed the Inland process may not stop the removal. Similarly, if you run into legal issues (criminality, mainly) then CBSA may choose to proceed with removal anyway.

The Inland application provides a path for someone currently out of status to return to status without leaving Canada.
That's what I thought. Great advice from you again! :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Actually, one of the reasons to use the Inland process is that an applicant can be out of status. The Public Policy is that an applicant that entered Canada legally but is now out of status will not be removed by CBSA with an Inland application in process. There are limits to this (it's a public policy, not a law or regulation) and if you are already in the process of being removed the Inland process may not stop the removal. Similarly, if you run into legal issues (criminality, mainly) then CBSA may choose to proceed with removal anyway.

The Inland application provides a path for someone currently out of status to return to status without leaving Canada.
Are you referring to the CBSA Public Policy (Administrative Deferral of Removal)? That, according to an experienced immigration lawyer, ended in November of 2011.

Do you believe that CBSA is still following that policy anyway?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ponga said:
Are you referring to the CBSA Public Policy (Administrative Deferral of Removal)? That, according to an experienced immigration lawyer, ended in November of 2011.

Do you believe that CBSA is still following that policy anyway?
Yes. Indications from reports in this forum indicate that CBSA continues to abide by the public policy. CIC often continues to follow expired policies as well (e.g., the extension of medicals OB, which has expired yet continues to be the operational policy of CIC). At least in this regard, CBSA continues to follow this policy from several reports since November 2011.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
computergeek said:
Yes. Indications from reports in this forum indicate that CBSA continues to abide by the public policy. CIC often continues to follow expired policies as well (e.g., the extension of medicals OB, which has expired yet continues to be the operational policy of CIC). At least in this regard, CBSA continues to follow this policy from several reports since November 2011.
Love it!

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Here is a little website I threw together to try explain our situation. Feel free to share and make suggestions.

http://inlandsponsordelay.weebly.com/

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WeCanadoIt said:
Here is a little website I threw together to try explain our situation. Feel free to share and make suggestions.

Fantastic site, you should spread it out to as many people as possible.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WeCanadoIt said:

Nice idea, but you have a few things that are not entirely accurate:

1. A Permanent Resident of Canada (non-citizen) can also sponsor a spouse or partner.

2. Health coverage is available for a person prior to AIP (at least in B.C.), although most have to fight for it.

3. There is nothing preventing a person with an Inland application from leaving Canada. There is, however, the risk of that person being denied re-entry.

Kudos to you for being proactive!

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Immigration Minister Chris Alexander will be hosting a Twitter Q&A tomorrow (Thursday) at 1:15pm EST.
If you have a Twitter account, please participate tomorrow using the hashtag #AskAlexander and raise your concerns about the Inland Sponsorship problem.

Please also use the hashtags #InlandSponsor and #InLimbo so he sees how many of us there are.

If you dont have a Twitter account, they are easy to set up and pretty simple to use.
https://twitter.com/signup

Theres a good few of us getting organised for it on our facebook page too.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
do you guys know if it is ok to apply under two categories at the same time, or do i have to drop one first? I am thinking about aplying as a skilled worker as cic is processing those applications really quickly. thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mary63 said:
do you guys know if it is ok to apply under two categories at the same time, or do i have to drop one first? I am thinking about aplying as a skilled worker as cic is processing those applications really quickly. thanks!
You may have two applications in different classes simultaneously. Since family sponsorship and CEC are different classes (family class versus economic class) you may have two simultaneous applications.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
computergeek said:
You may have two applications in different classes simultaneously. Since family sponsorship and CEC are different classes (family class versus economic class) you may have two simultaneous applications.
thank you

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as I could read on the posted homepage:

Since Feb 2014, times have increased from 6 months for First Stage to 14 months

That means, after I send my PR application, the first time I will ever hear from cic is after around 14 month ?