App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + OWP 10-10-2012
screech339 said:
Hi Fiodena.

My information is only based on those who have submitted their timeline on Rusty's timesheet. The waiting time from DM to Landing at Calgary are listed as followed:

pearl75 = 86 days
Barley = 90 days
RR VDB = 76 days
Jenny12345 = 113 days
alinka = 118 days

So perhaps you can ask your lawyer why these people have to wait almost 3 months or more land at Calgary office.

So while I would hope you would only wait 2-6 weeks to land at Calgary, I am afraid you may have to wait around 3 months like the others. No offense, but having a lawyer doesn't mean you will land faster either. You are treated the same as those listed in assigning landing date.

The Edmonton office seems to have a much shorter wait time from 36 to 43 days. The wait time there is more reasonable.

Screech339
Now I see. Maybe the lawyer was referring to the second email (the appointment?) and not the actual landing date.

I know perfectly well that I have no privileges because I used a lawyer. And I knew that BEFORE I applied for PR. In none of my messages I stated that I should have a shorter processing time because of that.
I had my own good reasons to use a lawyer.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
erFiodena said:
Now I see. Maybe the lawyer was referring to the second email (the appointment?) and not the actual landing date.

I know perfectly well that I have no privileges because I used a lawyer. And I knew that BEFORE I applied for PR. In none of my messages I stated that I should have a shorter processing time because of that.
I had my own good reasons to use a lawyer.
Fiodena,

I apologize if I offended you if I implied that you will get privileges by retaining a lawyer. That wasn't my intent. Those that have lawyers have very good reason to getting one especially if their situation is not so cut and dry and simple in their application.

But when someone says "but my lawyer says so and so..." as a quick response to my comment doesn't reflect well in my view when I make observed comments based strictly on what was submitted by others in timesheet.

Perhaps your lawyer was basing his experience with other applicants. with a timeline of 2-6 weeks in the past. Unfortuately the calgary office may be an exception to the rule.

Again I apologize to you Fiodena if you were offended.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sweetsher said:
Not sure but I know the Etobicoke office isn't 30 days. My frend got her DM two months ago and have been waiting to hear from Etobicoke and all now not a word! They probably take over 2 months or my frend is out of luck
@ sweetsher

You may want your friend to contact CIC or if possible Etobicoke office to find out what's going on with her application. I called CIC 888 number and asked them what is the lead time/wait time for landing at Etobicoke office. They informed me the wait time is between 7 to 8 weeks. Surprised that your friend have not gotten any response so far not even a letter. Anyway hope your friend will get a response asap on his/her absense response from Etoicoke.

Screech339

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lets Go DM's, Who's gonna be the first today :):D Im so excited about the movement in here !!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For everyone landing in Saskatoon I just found this post.

When I contacted the CIC help line (Sept 2011), they told me it could be up to 3 weeks before I heard from CIC Saskatoon.

It took a week for a mailed appointment to arrive with an appointment date 2 weeks later.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781357

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
tyl92 said:
hi guys !
does anybody know when i am supposed to receive the letter from Cic local office to pay the amount left (490$) and the landing appointment letter ? I got my dm last week .
I'm in Montreal , thank you :)
Hi tyl92!

Im in Montreal as well, and actually my DM indicated that I had to to do the payemnt. Usually you dont get a letter only for the pyament, they told me just to do the payment anytime and bring the receipt with me to the interview.

I got my DM 3 weeks ago and still no call nor email for an interview! :(

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenny12345 said:
Congrats!!
sunsun said:
Gong Xie2x..Wolanila and Karito..
Thank you for your kind Chinese Congratulations sunsun. Karito I didnt know you speak Chinese :) do you two have QQ ?
weary-damsil31 said:
Congrats,Wolanila! soo happy for you! :)
I give my warmest gratitude to all of you for all your support. I think this would have been alot harder with out you. Thank you very much for all your kind words.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. You all are truly beautiful and I wish you a speedy process.

{{{{{{{{Much Gratitude}}}}}}}}

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
screech339 said:
Name: Barley
Residence: Calgary
App received: april 11, 2012
AIP: oct 11, 2012
OWP: oct 11, 2012
Medical and police done: yes and yes
DM: april 4, 2013
PR landing date: july 3, 2013
Landing office: Calgary

Here is your missing Barley's timeline

Screech339
Barley has been added.

Olah-lah

Mar 14, 2013
Loops said:
Hi tyl92!

Im in Montreal as well, and actually my DM indicated that I had to to do the payemnt. Usually you dont get a letter only for the pyament, they told me just to do the payment anytime and bring the receipt with me to the interview.

I got my DM 3 weeks ago and still no call nor email for an interview! :(
Hi Loops, Tyl92,
I have just called CIC office and an agent told me that waiting time for inland interview in Montreal is 1 month. I guess we will hear from them shortly. I received my DM 2 weeks ago and also nothing from Mtl office yet.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Its 12:17 pm and I don't see any good news yet for today. What's going on? Can someone take some coffeeto vegregille for us?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Olah-lah said:
Hi Loops, Tyl92,
I have just called CIC office and an agent told me that waiting time for inland interview in Montreal is 1 month. I guess we will hear from them shortly. I received my DM 2 weeks ago and also nothing from Mtl office yet.
Cool!!! Thanks for the info!! ... I just hope they dont call me to give an interview in 3 months! hahaha!! Hope it is faster than that! :D

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
wolanila said:

When I contacted the CIC help line (Sept 2011), they told me it could be up to 3 weeks before I heard from CIC Saskatoon.

It took a week for a mailed appointment to arrive with an appointment date 2 weeks later.

Let us hope for the best.. ;) ;)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wolanila said:

I just called CIC and they verified that it can take up to 2 months to land.. Good to know so we can contact the local office if it goes over.