20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
wolanila said:
I just called CIC and they verified that it can take up to 2 months to land.. Good to know so we can contact the local office if it goes over.
Two months to land in general or at your local Saskatoon office?

The 2 month wait falls in line with what I was told for Etobicoke office.

The website doesn't list phone numbers to contact the local CIC offices. Any idea where to find contact numbers for local CICs? Don't think the local CICs advertise phone numbers. They wouldn't be able to handle the influx of inquiries of their individual cases.

Screech339

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those of us who have DM letters/emails, I was wondering if we can flagpole to a border and have the landing appointment there. Outland applicants can do it with their local CIC if they have CoPR, doesn't that mean we can do it at any canadian border as well?

krissikris

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2012
Doc's Request.
may 1, 2013 (for the girls)
AOR Received.
Dec 18, 2012
IELTS Request
AIP: April 26, 2013
File Transfer...
May 1st 2013 to Kingston Jamaica
Med's Request
April 26th 2013
Med's Done....
May 7th 2013
Interview........
DM July 5th 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ krissikriss
I am looking to see your AIP this week. If you get this week then I'm definitely gonna be getting next week. Yawdie mek we just pray and beg God to help us
I really hope it come this week! I been telling people should be this week for 2 weeks now. Lol but the dates on cic website stay at Oct 5 ::) I'm praying for this week.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
jenny12345 said:
For those of us who have DM letters/emails, I was wondering if we can flagpole to a border and have the landing appointment there. Outland applicants can do it with their local CIC if they have CoPR, doesn't that mean we can do it at any canadian border as well?
Hi Jenny!

I dont think we can do that, the reason is because when you do your application outland you get a package with documents that you have to present when you come back to Canada saying that you have been accpeted as a permanent resident, Inland applications are a complete different process, when you get the DM letter or email it tells you that you will get an answer on the day of the interview so until this pont you have not been officially accepted, and you cant cross Canadian border if you dont have a document that specify the decision.

That's my personal opinion, I'm not sure if this is right its just my point of view :)

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
They are in the Gym now after they ate doughnut and drank coffee double double were given by Jiggy.... :D

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Looks like we will have to stop sending vegreville double double coffee and lunch becauseit makes them work very slow

@Krissikris
I'm taking my que behind you. So if u get AIP then me and sunsun will be OK

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I just read there was a couple of inland applicant were refused when they had an interview in Visa Office....D**n this kind of issue really makes me stress... DIM SUM please...

Brandy444

Apr 4, 2013
krissikris said:
I really hope it come this week! I been telling people should be this week for 2 weeks now. Lol but the dates on cic website stay at Oct 5 ::) I'm praying for this week.
I'm right there with you both as I submitted between you two. I keep hitting refresh on the status website just to see if it changes from Oct 5th!

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunsun said:
I just read there was a couple of inland applicant were refused when they had an interview in Visa Office....D**n this kind of issue really makes me stress... DIM SUM please...
OMG! Go through such a long and stressful process and get refused in the end!! :eek:why? where did you read this?

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refused-inlandfuture-outland-application-from-rabat-t142427.0.html

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Penna7 said:
OMG! Go through such a long and stressful process and get refused in the end!! :eek:why? where did you read this?
I know a couple who went threw the same thing. They were together for almost 4 years, then married and he was denied because they didn't believe the marriage was genuine. They sent him back home to his country. She eventually got him back up here, but had to go threw a whole other process ( Im not sure of those details) She was DEVASTATED! She cried for months. It took about 18 mths for him to come back. I don't think this happens to many people in genuine marriages tho, so I wouldn't stress it to hard.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
imonec said:
I got an email to check MyCIC today. It had a notice saying that they sent my work permit.
so I expect my OWP in the mail sometime this week! run postman! RUN!

Online App on Mar 5, approved on Apr 15... received in mail Apr xx (watch this space)

I hope this means I can get a new job soon! looking forward to a change!

good luck to all and congrats on all the DMs... seems like the AIP to DM time had come down dramatically... hope that means I'm next in line for a sweet DM email... although I doubt it because they didn't get my meds when I did it the first time round. Anyways.

God bless!

Great news! Start getting those resumes out there!! Good luck! :)

Imo

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hi

Thanks everybody for the kind words, you all will have DM and AIP let's hope sooner than later but it will happen :)

@wolanila I don't speak Chinese I wish that could be awesome hahaha but I just speak Spanish and English , I think meow meow was just talking to you, have no clue what that means ;)

I won't go yet my journey is close but not done yet.

Cheers and good vibes to all of you,

Ps. Anybody knows the wait time for interview in Vancouver? And I saw long time ago about what document I need to bring but I can't find it anymore or when the Vancouver office contact they will tell me what to bring?

Karito

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
To be safe when we sent our application in we submitted both extension and OWP(to be processed after AIP) A month ago we received a visitor record in the mail with extension until Dec. 2013. Paid for both. Now I am told it is one or the other not both, so I do hope we get OWP with AIP(if it ever comes)