+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
I have applied to sponsor my common law husband through a consultant. ECAS indicates appl was rec'd June 4 2012. A letter dated Nov 21, 2012 rec'd by the consultant Dec 20th 2012, indicates they need further proof re: common law relationship for at least 1 year prior to application date, and they also requested his medical and police check at the same time. We had the declaration notarized, 6 letters from friends and family as well as each of us, proof of bank accounts ( opened after the 1 year of living together) , join tvehicles we own together - this was all the proof we sent in. I own my home so I can't have him on any mortgage paperwork until it renews. We do have a son together, who was born in June 2012.

Current ECAS states:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2012.

We started processing your application on February 26, 2013.

Will we be getting any info on the medical being received as well, or is it assumed its been received based on the status change ? Our consultant told us its a good sign that they asked for his medial and police check up front, on top of the "more proof of common law" stuff they required. Also, they told me to wait until we get to stage 1 approval before we apply for a work permit - should I apply now or wait ? And how much longer for a DECISION MADE update on ECAS :) ???

Thanks ;0

Thanks

AniWinnipeg

Jan 29, 2013
Hi forum

I have a quick question - does anyone know when I have to pay the $490 Permanent Resident Fee? I received AIP a week ago. It says in my letter the "fees must be provided when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document."

Does that mean when I pick up my papers?

Thanks a lot!

Cheerio
Ani

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
AniWinnipeg said:
Hi forum

I have a quick question - does anyone know when I have to pay the $490 Permanent Resident Fee? I received AIP a week ago. It says in my letter the "fees must be provided when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document."

Thanks a lot!

Cheerio
Ani
You can pay the fee anytime. I paid all the applicable fees at the time I submitted my application. You can do it right now online and keep the e-receipt as proof when you go for your landing. Congrats on your AIP!

switchtofrank

Apr 17, 2012
Didn'teven know that I'm in the spread sheet ;D sweet :). NOW come on DM letter come on I got to go places lol.

By the way... what is the normal waiting time from receiving the DM letter to the landing interview and to receiving the PR card?

THANKS!

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Hi guys my heart is pounding right now I just checked my husbands e-cas and I clicked the link below SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION STATUS which says Decision Made and this is what I saw "We sent you a letter on January 9, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

what does it mean?

we received our AIP in January 9, 2013

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody!!
I am soooo happy today! I just got AIP via email as of today March 7th, 2013. They are asking for my medical exams which I've already made appointment to get it done. However, in the email, they mention that I am now able to apply for OWP..though I've sent my OWP app together with my PR app long time ago. So should I expect my OWP in the mail soon, or they've lost it and asking me to re-apply. Or, it is just formality to say that in the email? Please share some advice with me if you've already passed this stage :)

Thank you very much,

ps, it's nice to be able to share good news with everybody :D

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
neyuli said:
Hello everybody!!
I am soooo happy today! I just got AIP via email as of today March 7th, 2013. They are asking for my medical exams which I've already made appointment to get it done. However, in the email, they mention that I am now able to apply for OWP..though I've sent my OWP app together with my PR app long time ago. So should I expect my OWP in the mail soon, or they've lost it and asking me to re-apply. Or, it is just formality to say that in the email? Please share some advice with me if you've already passed this stage :)

Thank you very much,

Congratulations!! Maybe just wait for a few days and see if you get your OWP in the mail. It usually comes in a few days after people receive their AIP. If not then contact the office that you already submitted the OWP application

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
yffAm said:
Hi guys my heart is pounding right now I just checked my husbands e-cas and I clicked the link below SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION STATUS which says Decision Made and this is what I saw "We sent you a letter on January 9, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

what does it mean?

we received our AIP in January 9, 2013
I am the applicant.. Does anyone know the answer for this?

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
yffAm said:
I am the applicant.. Does anyone know the answer for this?
this is for your AIP. if it shows decision made under sponsorship application, thats your first approval [AIP]. When it shoes Decision made under Permanent Residence Application, that is your second approval, which means your application processing has reached final stage :)

BLUESLIDE

Jan 12, 2013
neyuli said:
Hello everybody!!

Thank you very much,

Congratulations on AIP !!!

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
sarakhans said:
this is for your AIP. if it shows decision made under sponsorship application, thats your first approval [AIP]. When it shoes Decision made under Permanent Residence Application, that is your second approval, which means your application processing has reached final stage :)

I see, so I guess it's just a false alarm..hahaha thanks for clarifying!

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!! :) Is it both the sponsor and the principal applicant who are getting the AIP email?

neyuli said:
Hello everybody!!

Thank you very much,

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@neyuli I want to congratulate you ;D. I wish for you a very speedy stage 2. Please share your timeline with us. Thank u

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
neyuli said:
Hello everybody!!

Thank you very much,

Congrats! When I received the AIP email it says "you can apply for a work permit or student permit" , but directly under that is a box with a cross mark that says "your open work permit is approved and you will be receiving the document shortly. (Received in mailbox after 5 days). If your work permit doesn't come in the next few days I would suggest you call the call center.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
AniWinnipeg said:
Hi forum

Thanks a lot!

Cheerio

Ani
Ani, I just added to the spreadsheet. I am sorry but I looked through the history and you asked me to add you a long time ago. You are in now. Welcome.