+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
I have applied to sponsor my common law husband through a consultant. ECAS indicates appl was rec'd June 4 2012. A letter dated Nov 21, 2012 rec'd by the consultant Dec 20th 2012, indicates they need further proof re: common law relationship for at least 1 year prior to application date, and they also requested his medical and police check at the same time. We had the declaration notarized, 6 letters from friends and family as well as each of us, proof of bank accounts ( opened after the 1 year of living together) , join tvehicles we own together - this was all the proof we sent in. I own my home so I can't have him on any mortgage paperwork until it renews. We do have a son together, who was born in June 2012.

Current ECAS states:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2012.

We started processing your application on February 26, 2013.

Will we be getting any info on the medical being received as well, or is it assumed its been received based on the status change ? Our consultant told us its a good sign that they asked for his medial and police check up front, on top of the "more proof of common law" stuff they required. Also, they told me to wait until we get to stage 1 approval before we apply for a work permit - should I apply now or wait ? And how much longer for a DECISION MADE update on ECAS :) ???

*** can anyone help me here ?

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
neyuli said:
Hello everybody!!
I am soooo happy today! I just got AIP via email as of today March 7th, 2013. They are asking for my medical exams which I've already made appointment to get it done. However, in the email, they mention that I am now able to apply for OWP..though I've sent my OWP app together with my PR app long time ago. So should I expect my OWP in the mail soon, or they've lost it and asking me to re-apply. Or, it is just formality to say that in the email? Please share some advice with me if you've already passed this stage :)

Thank you very much,

ps, it's nice to be able to share good news with everybody :D
Congrats you are now updated on the spreadsheet.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Hey guys how do I check out the spreadsheet, it there a link or something!
And congrats to all who got a decision one way or the other, hope the good news go round!

Cheers

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
nairaboy said:
Hey guys how do I check out the spreadsheet, it there a link or something!
And congrats to all who got a decision one way or the other, hope the good news go round!

Cheers
Don't worry guys I think I found the link!

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alinka said:
Congrats!! :) Is it both the sponsor and the principal applicant who are getting the AIP email?
Thank you for your congratulations!! Yes, my sponsor also got an email stating that he has met the eligibility to be the sponsor. And me, the principal applicant got an email saying something like they're now moving on to process my application.

Cheers,

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jiggyzealous said:
@ neyuli I want to congratulate you ;D. I wish for you a very speedy stage 2. Please share your timeline with us. Thank u
Thank you!! I hope stage 2 will goes as smoothly as stage 1 :).

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darwinwap said:
Congrats! When I received the AIP email it says "you can apply for a work permit or student permit" , but directly under that is a box with a cross mark that says "your open work permit is approved and you will be receiving the document shortly. (Received in mailbox after 5 days). If your work permit doesn't come in the next few days I would suggest you call the call center.
Hmm i see. So, probably my OWP hasn't been approved yet as they already made the decision to my stage 1. Thank you for your advice, I will stay calm and wait for a few days first.

Cheers, :)

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
neyuli said:
Hello everybody!!
I am soooo happy today! I just got AIP via email as of today March 7th, 2013. They are asking for my medical exams which I've already made appointment to get it done. However, in the email, they mention that I am now able to apply for OWP..though I've sent my OWP app together with my PR app long time ago. So should I expect my OWP in the mail soon, or they've lost it and asking me to re-apply. Or, it is just formality to say that in the email? Please share some advice with me if you've already passed this stage :)

Thank you very much,

ps, it's nice to be able to share good news with everybody :D
Congratulations!-It's definitely nice to hear some good news!-It gives me hope that my turn will also come:)

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
neyuli said:
Hmm i see. So, probably my OWP hasn't been approved yet as they already made the decision to my stage 1. Thank you for your advice, I will stay calm and wait for a few days first.

Cheers, :)

No worries. Congrats again.. time to celebrate :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
If my file is transferred to the local office before stage one, how does CIC notify me of this? Help me someone

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
jiggyzealous said:
If my file is transferred to the local office before stage one, how does CIC notify me of this? Help me someone
Im stilling waiting from oct 4th 2012. My file was transferred to the very wonderful Etobicoke office on that day. I called the call centre and they advised me that it may take 6- 8 months. I am currently on month 5.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Spuh_dyna said:
Im stilling waiting from oct 4th 2012. My file was transferred to the very wonderful Etobicoke office on that day. I called the call centre and they advised me that it may take 6- 8 months. I am currently on month 5.
I was just wondering, is it possible tht when ur file in ecas just says Application received and not in process then it may be transferred or not! What do u think guys, just wondering on ecas still says in process and also at what time frame wld one know If a file is been transferred!

Cheers

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
nairaboy said:
I was just wondering, is it possible tht when ur file in ecas just says Application received and not in process then it may be transferred or not! What do u think guys, just wondering on ecas still says in process and also at what time frame wld one know If a file is been transferred!

Cheers

No it does not necessarily mean that. i am going to tell you what mine says. ( I am the sponsor): Decision Made
When i click the link it says the following:

We received your application to sponsor ********** on March 22, 2012.

We started processing your application on July 16, 2012.

We sent you a letter on October 4, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

This does not say that our file was transferred but the letter which came in the mail states that our file was transferred to Etobicoke.

On my Spouse's application (He is sponsored by me), It says: Application Received

When i click on the link, i see the following:

We received **********'s application for permanent residence on March 22, 2012.

We started processing ***********'s application on October 4, 2012.

A decision has been made on *********'s application. The office will contact ********** concerning this decision.

All in All, I would suggest that you wait for an email from CIC because Ecas may not be all that accurate.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Spuh_dyna said:
No it does not necessarily mean that. i am going to tell you what mine says. ( I am the sponsor): Decision Made
When i click the link it says the following:

We received your application to sponsor ********** on March 22, 2012.

We started processing your application on July 16, 2012.

We sent you a letter on October 4, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

This does not say that our file was transferred but the letter which came in the mail states that our file was transferred to Etobicoke.

On my Spouse's application (He is sponsored by me), It says: Application Received

When i click on the link, i see the following:

We received **********'s application for permanent residence on March 22, 2012.

We started processing ***********'s application on October 4, 2012.

A decision has been made on *********'s application. The office will contact ********** concerning this decision.

All in All, I would suggest that you wait for an email from CIC because Ecas may not be all that accurate.
Thanks Spuh_dyan,

Guess one just have to keep ones fingers crossed and I hope urs works out right too!
Cheers