Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
TeresaLynn said:
I know that's what I was thinking. I really hope we are not waiting forever for background checks. She confirmed they received out client history update form and it has been added to to the file. So it didn't take 90 days. I really hope things go faster for everyone.
when did you send your client history update form? i'm hoping they attach the docs they requested to my file asap!!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
January 18th, 2010 it was mailed, so they probably received a few days after that.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
See that is what I was trying to say that them requesting a client update history was not going to delay the processing nor take 90 days to add it to your file. Nobody really wanted to listen to me though. ::)

I hope everyone gets good news soon.

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
i called the call center yesterday asking when i should be hearing back from cic considering that they asked for my marriage cert . she said that i should hear back by the end of march or early april, but there is a possibility that my application would get delayed because of the request. i asked what the standard time is for cases like that, she says she didn't know. so i guess everything's up in the air at the moment... i guess worse case scenario is i won't hear back from them until after 90 days as was mentioned previously, but i'm really hoping that's not the case :( waiting sucks!!!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Keep your chin up cutieshashie. I have hope that you will be finished sooner than then.
I know waiting sucks but we are blessed we are not alone. Stay strong! :-*

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
aww thanks Love_Young! that's so sweet. that just brought a smile to my face :)

sometimes i just tell myself that we're better off than others - that our processing time is relatively faster than others. i know that in the philippines, it takes a number of years before they get their PR. inland processing time is NOTHING compared to that! and also that we're lucky enough to be already with our partners/spouses - others are miles away from each other and i know how hard that is!!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
hey guys, congrats to those who got news recently.

i want to ask some things about filling taxes forms. maybe its not the right place but since we are such a friendly bunch i hope to get some advice hehe

1. My hubby uses his own car for work. he reports km weekly. employer adds money for used km in his salary. so where should i put his "motor vehicle allowence" sum of money for kilometers he driven to work? is it taxable? if i put it to "other income", it will be taxed twice in my opinion, cause they are already included in his 2weekly salary. should we put it as employment expenses?

2. hubby been to dentist several times last year. do we add this money charged to medical expenses? we added but it didnt give any difference for outcome. the question is - do i have to mention his received work insurance benefits? the ones that insurance partly paid for his dental procedures? and where should i put it?..

i was trying googling, but i cant find the answer. maybe any of u are in same situation or know how to do it?
if i call canada revenue, will they really tell me what where to write? or are they like cic call angents? hehe

p.s. my hubby is no good with papers xD so im the one doing it :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
toxicair said:
Hey guys!

Hope everything is going great on your sides! I just had a quick question after reading about some of you getting letters to be prepared to make that $490 payment.

What is the best way to pay? like is it better to pay everything at once or pay in two stages?

What did you all do?

Thanks!
it didnt have any difference for our case. we got a letter for landing interview and were asked to have money with us at the interview. we paid there and thats it.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Asta said:
hey guys, congrats to those who got news recently.

i want to ask some things about filling taxes forms. maybe its not the right place but since we are such a friendly bunch i hope to get some advice hehe

1. My hubby uses his own car for work. he reports km weekly. employer adds money for used km in his salary. so where should i put his "motor vehicle allowence" sum of money for kilometers he driven to work? is it taxable? if i put it to "other income", it will be taxed twice in my opinion, cause they are already included in his 2weekly salary. should we put it as employment expenses?

2. hubby been to dentist several times last year. do we add this money charged to medical expenses? we added but it didnt give any difference for outcome. the question is - do i have to mention his received work insurance benefits? the ones that insurance partly paid for his dental procedures? and where should i put it?..

i was trying googling, but i cant find the answer. maybe any of u are in same situation or know how to do it?
if i call canada revenue, will they really tell me what where to write? or are they like cic call angents? hehe

p.s. my hubby is no good with papers xD so im the one doing it :D
Employment expenses go on line 229. It's important that he uses his vehicle for work purposes, not just going to and from work. He needs to be using the vehicle in his everyday duties. I have attached a guide for you to read. I would suggest calling CRA as it is a complicated topic. You need to determine if he is a salaried employee or earning commission because the rules change depending on that. Read this guide and if you need further info you can ask me or call CRA directly @ 1-800-959-8281. As for the medical expenses he can claim that on line 330. You can claim medical expenses paid in any 12-month period ending in 2010 and not claimed for 2009. Generally, you can claim all amounts paid, even if they were not paid in Canada. Your total expenses have to be more than either 3% of your net income (line 236) or $2,024, whichever is less. I hope this helps :)

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4044/t4044-e.html

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
I just want to ask this again because i think poeple might of missed...anyone have any ideas?

I want to make sure from people who have received FOSS notes, what exactly are the background checks and are they standard before they approve AIP?

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Asta said:

1.- That amount should appear on his T1 box 40 or 42 (Im at work, dont remember exactly where is that in the T1 form) so you only need to reported, if using QuickTax or Inuit on the Form T1. That amount is not taxable. Is not an employement expense.

2. Yes, you should report the amount not paid by the health insurance (difference), as a benefit so you can get 17% tax exemption... but if you did not see any difference then it is normal, it all depends what is your tax bracket, the more you made the less money you get back :-(... as per the other question Work Insurance Benefits, are you refering to income he received for not working while he was injured? I think you are refering to the money the Dental insurance cover, that is the 80% then if that, THEN no, you dont report that money but you can claim the amount not paid by the Dental insurance (20%)where? on your Medical Expenses form.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
TeresaLynn said:
I just want to ask this again because i think poeple might of missed...anyone have any ideas?

I want to make sure from people who have received FOSS notes, what exactly are the background checks and are they standard before they approve AIP?
even if i didnt receive Foss notes, i know that background checks are a must. everyone gets background checks. usually its being done by CIC after u get AIP. if its being done before AIP, its is not a bad thing, its a good thing. it means u will get PR faster. usually after AIP they do background checks and they are the reason for long wait of PR.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
canadiancitizen said:
1.- That amount should appear on his T1 box 40 or 42 (Im at work, dont remember exactly where is that in the T1 form) so you only need to reported, if using QuickTax or Inuit on the Form T1. That amount is not taxable. Is not an employement expense.

2. Yes, you should report the amount not paid by the health insurance (difference), as a benefit so you can get 17% tax exemption... but if you did not see any difference then it is normal, it all depends what is your tax bracket, the more you made the less money you get back :-(... as per the other question Work Insurance Benefits, are you refering to income he received for not working while he was injured? I think you are refering to the money the Dental insurance cover, that is the 80% then if that, THEN no, you dont report that money but you can claim the amount not paid by the Dental insurance (20%)where? on your Medical Expenses form.
thank u for replies..
to be more specific, we know that traveling to work and from work home its not calculated. but he is a red cross worker, he uses his car to drive to every patient's house. and those are calculated.
im filing online using Ufile. its so complicated *hair standing up!* it look slike much easier to file on paper :-X i cant find on ufile where to write this. i found it T777 to be used. but they all say - "excluding vehicle expenses".. gosh where to put it... :-X

ill PM u guys..

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Inlandappl and Asta: That's great.. So do you guys suggest we pay everything (the $75, $475 and the $550 at once when we send our application? Becuase my fiance wants to do that hoping everything will go quicker.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Asta said:
thank u for replies..
to be more specific, we know that traveling to work and from work home its not calculated. but he is a red cross worker, he uses his car to drive to every patient's house. and those are calculated.
im filing online using Ufile. its so complicated *hair standing up!* it look slike much easier to file on paper :-X i cant find on ufile where to write this. i found it T777 to be used. but they all say - "excluding vehicle expenses".. gosh where to put it... :-X

ill PM u guys..
ok... if the company pay this expenses you should see this amount on T1, right?... then in your Tax Software you should choose the Form input method, by doing that, mirror the amount with the screen form. I do understand he uses his car for work but, normally or in a normal world, many companies do include a compound KM rate to cover mechanical or car maintenance in their rate, haven said that... you dont need to report those expenses in your taxes... ask your husband to see human resources or payroll people what is the km rate for .. they should be able to tell him what to do... going back to the Tax Program are made to facilitate your life, so use Tutorial by inserting the form number (T777) and follow the indications... HOWEVER according to the Form T777 guidelines you are not suppossed to claim any expenses if you are already being pay for KM... check the guidline for T777. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4044/t4044-10e.pdf " page 8 You did not receive a non-taxable allowance for motor vehicle expenses. Generally, an allowance is non-taxable then it is based solely on a reasonable per-kilometre rate.