Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Asta said:
thank u for replies..
to be more specific, we know that traveling to work and from work home its not calculated. but he is a red cross worker, he uses his car to drive to every patient's house. and those are calculated.
im filing online using Ufile. its so complicated *hair standing up!* it look slike much easier to file on paper :-X i cant find on ufile where to write this. i found it T777 to be used. but they all say - "excluding vehicle expenses".. gosh where to put it... :-X

ill PM u guys..
check this out: Sometimes, your employer will include an unreasonably low allowance as income on your T4 slip even though you do not want to claim any expenses. When this happens, have your employer complete and sign Form T2200, or get a letter from your employer stating that the allowance was unreasonably low. On line 229, deduct as an expense an amount equal to the allowance. Page 7.

Purlage

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanted to post on here because I have used it to view and have certainly made use of other people's experiences.

Recently CIC Vegreville were "pleased to inform" me that my application has now been processed and is at Scarborough, where I will need to go for an interview and pay my PR processing fee (I've not received a letter from them yet). By no means a formality but things have progressed well and I therefore must give back to this excellent community. Aside from my signature let me know if you have any questions specifically about inland application.

My best piece of advice would be to try and send them as much as you can as soon as you can. I had my meds and OWP complete to send with my initial application and although it took them three months to start processing it I think it has helped in the long run. I also put in as much evidence as possible to prove my marriage was not of convenience (photos, several year's worth of plane e-tickets, etc.). Also make sure it is all arranged in a logical format; using a table of contents and dividing pages, etc.

There are some really helpful people on this forum and it really plugs the gap between what we find out from CIC and the questions we have. I wish you all the best and hope to help as much as I myself have been helped.

Cheers.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
toxicair said:
Inlandappl and Asta: That's great.. So do you guys suggest we pay everything (the $75, $475 and the $550 at once when we send our application? Becuase my fiance wants to do that hoping everything will go quicker.
u can pay all plus 490 for Right of permanent residence fee, or u can pay all and pay 490 when landing. it wont slow down or fasten ur process.

so u pay 75 for sponsor,
475 for principle applicant
150 for Open work permit OR
75 visa extention .

550 is for dependant / one more person?

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Ok maybe i am worrying to much, but the CIC agent told me today they are doing background checks but we don't have AIP yet. I was under the assumption background checks were done in the second stage. She also stated my spouse will receive AIP & OWP in about a month and half. Also because my spouse is from the UK we were not required to send the police certificate until it was requested by CIC. So i don't know if they are doing criminal background checks or checks with the application itself. Does anyone have any advice?

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
TeresaLynn said:
Ok maybe i am worrying to much, but the CIC agent told me today they are doing background checks but we don't have AIP yet. I was under the assumption background checks were done in the second stage. She also stated my spouse will receive AIP & OWP in about a month and half. Also because my spouse is from the UK we were not required to send the police certificate until it was requested by CIC. So i don't know if they are doing criminal background checks or checks with the application itself. Does anyone have any advice?
My background check was done before. I got 1st and 2nd stage at the same time so I guess it's a good thing if they do it early. I did send in my police certificate from my home country in Feb 2010 with the application. Maybe if they need it they will ask for his police cert after AIP.

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
My best bet is that you will receive the final decision not only AIP

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
How did you know they did it before? FOSS notes?

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Oh I hope so SssS!

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
TeresaLynn said:
How did you know they did it before? FOSS notes?
When I ordered FOSS in December, I saw where it said RCMP checks were requested in Nov and in Dec too.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
TeresaLynn said:
TereasLynn....I guess I'll hear good news from you very soon.....so happy for you :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Thanks so much guys for you responses, this forum, gets me through some stressful times! Don't know what I would do without you all. Thanks again guys.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hey everyone. I am sorry I haven't been around much today. Been trying to figure out this tax stuff.
I do have some quick questions and then I am done: Would it be okay for hubby to NETFILE or efile even if I mail mine? Would he still get his refund? Will they just take out the GST he owes from his refund or do we have to pay it? And how soon can you get a NETFILE number?

On a side note: Today marks 2 years since I first arrived in Canada with hubby. Sure has been a journey. I hope this journey has a happy ending and I can stay here forever. I am so very blessed that I have been able to live with my hubby since the day we first met. (he came to visit me in the US before coming here) Ever since we starting dating and met, we have ALWAYS lived together. Please God don't separate us now. I couldn't deal with it.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Yes he can netfile, they will deduct the amount he owes for GST, but you know that will sort itself out and you will eventually get that back. They will issue the remainder of his refund. For you mail your return in. If you need a TTN fill out form T1261 and send to the same address as your return. Give an explaination as to why you need a TTN it will take 6 weeks to get a TTN. Attach the form to your return.

Congrats girl!! It was 2 years on February 12th, 2011 for us too. Great feeling that we have never been apart either. God is on our side Love_young. I went to church on Sunday and today as well for a memorial mass for my grandmother and I asked God for patience and calmness while going through this process, and funnily enough today I find out the whole application has taken a positive turn. I have faith he will do this for all of us. On my facebook my status read this:

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it.

So true!!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Oh yea the Netfile access code! call 1800-714-7257 :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
TeresaLynn said:
Yes he can netfile, they will deduct the amount he owes for GST, but you know that will sort itself out and you will eventually get that back. They will issue the remainder of his refund. For you mail your return in. If you need a TTN fill out form T1261 and send to the same address as your return. Give an explaination as to why you need a TTN it will take 6 weeks to get a TTN. Attach the form to your return.

Congrats girl!! It was 2 years on February 12th, 2011 for us too. Great feeling that we have never been apart either. God is on our side Love_young. I went to church on Sunday and today as well for a memorial mass for my grandmother and I asked God for patience and calmness while going through this process, and funnily enough today I find out the whole application has taken a positive turn. I have faith he will do this for all of us. On my facebook my status read this:

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it.

So true!!
Oh gosh you're going to put me to tears TL (in a good way). So very true. Thank you for all the help and I was mostly asking those questions for hubby because he is anxious to get the refund sooner. Silly hubby. And don't worry, I already got the TTN. ;) And it so great to know you just had your two years too. We really are blessed TL. I really hope everyone here gets a positive answer.

P.S. I am going to write that quote in my journal tonight. It will keep me strong. Where did you find it?