Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I have a question guys and I want your opinion on this.
Should I order FOSS notes again?

The last time I requested them was Dec 21st and soon it will be 3 months. Surely they should have more written on them.
Has anyone requested theirs around 1-2 months before getting AIP and did it say anything about the sponsor, background checks, medical, etc.? I would assume with them being this close to finishing that they should state at least something new. Plus since you get them so fast and they are free, I was thinking "Hmm...why not?" But I want all your opinions first.

So what do you think I should do?

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Love_Young said:
I have a question guys and I want your opinion on this.
Should I order FOSS notes again?

The last time I requested them was Dec 21st and soon it will be 3 months. Surely they should have more written on them.
Has anyone requested theirs around 1-2 months before getting AIP and did it say anything about the sponsor, background checks, medical, etc.? I would assume with them being this close to finishing that they should state at least something new. Plus since you get them so fast and they are free, I was thinking "Hmm...why not?" But I want all your opinions first.

So what do you think I should do?
I ordered mine in December ... so about 7 mths in. It did says RCMP check was requested in Nov and December (about a week before I ordered them). I was kinda holding out hope that they were in the process of doing mine that early and it seems like they did. I think you should request if you want to. It should certainly hold more info than before.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Yeah I think I remember you saying about the RCMP checks being requested in yours. I should have held out a bit longer to request mine I think but oh well. My last notes were only 26 pages so surely as you said, there should be more.

Only hassle about requesting them is having to find a fax machine. I don't have one. Ugh....
And how long did it take everyone to get their FOSS notes? I think mine took 2-3 weeks. Can't remember.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Love_Young said:
Yeah I think I remember you saying about the RCMP checks being requested in yours. I should have held out a bit longer to request mine I think but oh well. My last notes were only 26 pages so surely as you said, there should be more.

Only hassle about requesting them is having to find a fax machine. I don't have one. Ugh....
And how long did it take everyone to get their FOSS notes? I think mine took 2-3 weeks. Can't remember.
Mine took 8 days. I think you should cos you're a lot like me and will probably just die of suspense lol.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
suenim said:
Mine took 8 days. I think you should cos you're a lot like me and will probably just die of suspense lol.
Wow how did you get yours so fast? How many pages were yours? And what is the number I fax to? Ahh...I can't remember.
Thank goodness these are free. And yeah I am definitely like you, the suspense will kill me if I don't find out. Hopefully there isn't anything bad in them though. Ahh...makes me nervous. :-X

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Love_Young said:
Wow how did you get yours so fast? How many pages were yours? And what is the number I fax to? Ahh...I can't remember.
Thank goodness these are free. And yeah I am definitely like you, the suspense will kill me if I don't find out. Hopefully there isn't anything bad in them though. Ahh...makes me nervous. :-X
Hey LY

You can find the fax number on this link
http://www.infosource.gc.ca/inst/imc/fed11-eng.asp

It took two weeks for me to get mine I faxed it though you save about four days by doing so !!

All the best ;)

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Love_Young said:
I sent it to Vegreville . The first part was 70+ pages. Then a week later they sent me 2 pages which had that RCMP checks were requested.

Facsimile: 780-603-2693

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Yay thank you Material and suenim. Now just to get it faxed off.
Do you think I should wait to the 3 month mark to order?

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Hello thank you for bringing back this topic I have applied for SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP WITHIN CANADA dated MAY 2010 . I recently got my CSQ, FEB2011 since im living with my husband in MONTREAL . I would like to know whats step should I do after holding CSQ? should i wait for that AIP letter? Is the CSQ enough apply for RAMQ and french courses and also can i work now? pls advice thank you in advance!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hello PUZZLED,
Unfortunately, not many of us are that informed with the Quebec processes but I hope that you will receive the answers you are looking for from those that have applied through Quebec.

Here is a thread that you may get better answers at because they have applied inland and are going through Quebec. Post your question here and I am assured you will receive the help you are looking for.

Click here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anyone-from-quebec-who-applied-inland-t44271.0.html

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
TeresaLynn said:
I listed my ex, we were only common-law for two years, but i have no way of contacting him and i outlined that in our application, I hope that is not an issue for us as well and this relationship is over 10 years old.
Hi, TeresaLynn..Same here, my previous relationship is over around 10 years but I still keep in touch with my-ex bcos we don't want to make the kid feel that he has lost mom.

One of the forms has the question. Did you just leave it blank or put N/A? I think you should call the call centre and see what they suggest. I think you can also find that form and fill it out with the info and sent it to them. By the time they get to your file (which if processing times stay about the same would be about aug/sept) then they can add it. The fact that you sent the divorce paper should be fine but it never hurts to send the form in because I think they ask that question somewhere on one the forms.
Suenim, Do you mean the IMM5285 form? If yes, then I "think" I did put the info (I just can't remember exactly right now, my brain is totally blank.... ::) and I didn't scan or copy the paper before sending it...my bad..) but if you meant other form...then I have no idea where it should be.....argh.....

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PUZZLED said:
Hello thank you for bringing back this topic I have applied for SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP WITHIN CANADA dated MAY 2010 . I recently got my CSQ, FEB2011 since im living with my husband in MONTREAL . I would like to know whats step should I do after holding CSQ? should i wait for that AIP letter? Is the CSQ enough apply for RAMQ and french courses and also can i work now? pls advice thank you in advance!
Hi! I am in the same situation as you, I live in Montreal too! . after CSQ you just have to wait for their answer, it will hopefully be AIP and OWP if you applied at the same time. We are supposed to get an answer pretty soon, one or two weeks ( I hope ). Unfortunately we cant get The health insurance plan yet ( even though they say so on the guide ). I dont really know about the French classes since I had private ones already. And finally, you cant work right now... its either when you get AIP ( If you applied already ) or when you get your PR status.

Hope this helps!
:)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
AmandaHsu said:
I'm reading the link provided by TeresaLynn on P144, I hope someone could answer my question if you've read it already, thanks advanced.

On the info P17

5.16. Previous spouse or common-law partner
If a common-law partner has a separated or divorced spouse or a previous common-law partner,
the applicant should list this spouse or common-law partner on the application. Separated or
divorced spouses or previous common-law partners do not need to be examined for
inadmissibility. They must, however, have been separated for at least one year and must provide
proof of the separation or divorce. The Regulations prevent the applicant from later sponsoring a
separated, divorced spouse or previous common-law partner who was not examined at the time
of the application.
For further information, see Non-accompanying family members in OP 2, Section 5.10.

Well, my question is I didn't list my previous spouse's info on the application (I really don't know I need to bcos the PR guide only mentioned about the kids) but I listed the kid and I provided my divorce paper. Will it become a serious problem ? Is there anything I need to do? Such as sending more info to CIC ?
I am the sponsor, so I misread the paragraph, I believe this refers to the applicant, not the sponsor. I hope so! because I can't find my ex.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Cmilo said:
Hi! I am in the same situation as you, I live in Montreal too! . after CSQ you just have to wait for their answer, it will hopefully be AIP and OWP if you applied at the same time. We are supposed to get an answer pretty soon, one or two weeks ( I hope ). Unfortunately we cant get The health insurance plan yet ( even though they say so on the guide ). I dont really know about the French classes since I had private ones already. And finally, you cant work right now... its either when you get AIP ( If you applied already ) or when you get your PR status.

Hope this helps!
:)
thank you so much i really appreciate it !