App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Got my letters today. My letter said: "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you..."

I know it's a busy office but I really hope it's not a long wait so I don't have to apply for another OWP. This one expires at the beginning of June. The thing is, I'm getting laid of end of April so to qualify for EI while I try to find another job, I will need a valid WP. My dilemma is that I want to go back to school as a resident (if I get landed in time for Sept semester). I cant be out of work for more than 3 mths or else I will lose my daycare subsidy (I cannot imagine trying to pay full daycare fees right now). So I really hope I get another job within the 3 mths.

The hardest part is almost over but then we still have our day to day problems lol.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
cutieshashie said:
a big congrats to suenim and komar!! :)
Thanks cutie! Hope they move quickly on your file with those additional docs you sent.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Congrats Komar such amazing news I am sooooooooo happy for you!

Suenim that is amazing, i hope it moves quick for you....such a great day...stay positive everyone :)

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
suenim said:
Thanks cutie! Hope they move quickly on your file with those additional docs you sent.
i hope so too!! and another congratulations!!! your journey is getting close to an end!! hopefully the scarborough office will be fast for you :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
kiwikris: Thank you once again for the links. It is very helpful. I will be looking at them. Good luck with your classes. :D

TeresaLynn: Thanks for posting the manual. It truly is a great read and like others have read it a million times. Lol. I wish it was a bit more updated though.

komar: CONGRATULATIONS....woohoo....so happy for you. If they say it is AIP then it is. Let me know when you get the letter so I can add that date in for your AIP decision date.

suenim: OH MY GOSH....WOOOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS that means AIP and PR is ready to be issued. I say you will get landed in a month or two. Man I am just so so so happy for you. I hope you will still visit here. And let us know when you get your PR interview letter.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I'm reading the link provided by TeresaLynn on P144, I hope someone could answer my question if you've read it already, thanks advanced.

On the info P17

5.16. Previous spouse or common-law partner
If a common-law partner has a separated or divorced spouse or a previous common-law partner,
the applicant should list this spouse or common-law partner on the application. Separated or
divorced spouses or previous common-law partners do not need to be examined for
inadmissibility. They must, however, have been separated for at least one year and must provide
proof of the separation or divorce. The Regulations prevent the applicant from later sponsoring a
separated, divorced spouse or previous common-law partner who was not examined at the time
of the application.
For further information, see Non-accompanying family members in OP 2, Section 5.10.

Well, my question is I didn't list my previous spouse's info on the application (I really don't know I need to bcos the PR guide only mentioned about the kids) but I listed the kid and I provided my divorce paper. Will it become a serious problem ? Is there anything I need to do? Such as sending more info to CIC ?

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today seems to be interesting day for some of us :).

I received letter from CIC Montreal about my landing interview. It says that because to date I have not paid my fee of $ 490 they cannot schedule my appointment and it will be scheduled once they received the confirmation of payment. I was under the impression that you can pay it at the landing interview.

Nevertheless, they included payment sheet for the bank so it will be easily sorted.They also included printed record of confirmation of permanent residence for me to verify the accurateness of the data. I guess I am not far of the landing :)

Good luck to all of us

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Very interesting SssS, I too thought you could wait to pay until the landing interview.
That is why we haven't paid ours yet. Maybe each local office has their own procedure? Hmm...I don't know but I hope that when it is our turn that it won't delay us any.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
I listed my ex, we were only common-law for two years, but i have no way of contacting him and i outlined that in our application, I hope that is not an issue for us as well and this relationship is over 10 years old.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Love_Young said:
Very interesting SssS, I too thought you could wait to pay until the landing interview.
That is why we haven't paid ours yet. Maybe each local office has their own procedure? Hmm...I don't know but I hope that when it is our turn that it won't delay us any.
Mine says the fee has not been paid too but it says be prepared to make the $490 payment when I show up for the appointment.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Well that to me, suenim makes sense and thats what I thought all local offices did when you were landing.
Now we know different. Like I said, maybe some local offices have different procedures. Maybe Montreal doesn't have a machine or office that can accept payments.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
AmandaHsu said:
I'm reading the link provided by TeresaLynn on P144, I hope someone could answer my question if you've read it already, thanks advanced.

On the info P17

5.16. Previous spouse or common-law partner
If a common-law partner has a separated or divorced spouse or a previous common-law partner,
the applicant should list this spouse or common-law partner on the application. Separated or
divorced spouses or previous common-law partners do not need to be examined for
inadmissibility. They must, however, have been separated for at least one year and must provide
proof of the separation or divorce. The Regulations prevent the applicant from later sponsoring a
separated, divorced spouse or previous common-law partner who was not examined at the time
of the application.
For further information, see Non-accompanying family members in OP 2, Section 5.10.

Well, my question is I didn't list my previous spouse's info on the application (I really don't know I need to bcos the PR guide only mentioned about the kids) but I listed the kid and I provided my divorce paper. Will it become a serious problem ? Is there anything I need to do? Such as sending more info to CIC ?

One of the forms has the question. Did you just leave it blank or put N/A? I think you should call the call centre and see what they suggest. I think you can also find that form and fill it out with the info and sent it to them. By the time they get to your file (which if processing times stay about the same would be about aug/sept) then they can add it. The fact that you sent the divorce paper should be fine but it never hurts to send the form in because I think they ask that question somewhere on one the forms.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Love_Young said:
kiwikris: Thank you once again for the links. It is very helpful. I will be looking at them. Good luck with your classes. :D

TeresaLynn: Thanks for posting the manual. It truly is a great read and like others have read it a million times. Lol. I wish it was a bit more updated though.

komar: CONGRATULATIONS....woohoo....so happy for you. If they say it is AIP then it is. Let me know when you get the letter so I can add that date in for your AIP decision date.

suenim: OH MY GOSH....WOOOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS that means AIP and PR is ready to be issued. I say you will get landed in a month or two. Man I am just so so so happy for you. I hope you will still visit here. And let us know when you get your PR interview letter.
Thanks L_Y. Don't worry. I will be here. I have been around immigration forums for over 5 years. I love the new developments and hearing all the news. I want to hear when all the applicants on this thread get the good news ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Aww yay, I am relieved to hear you will be sticking around.
I really hope that this thread gets filled up with good news. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suenim said:
Mine says the fee has not been paid too but it says be prepared to make the $490 payment when I show up for the appointment.
So did mine, yet I received this request. I guess its local, so just heads up.