Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
Love_Young said:
Hello inlanders.
I hope all you are keeping your spirits high and I am wishing all of us good luck for the future. Everyday I am getting more and more nervous about the decision. I can't see why we would be refused but I worry about whether I displayed our relationship in an understanding way. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I have a quick question. My hubby works full time overnights and I usually go down to hang out at work with him. He works at Subway and got robbed before so I want to make sure he is safe and not alone. Anyway, hubby has been doing this for a year so far and his health has gone down since doing this. We do still have debt to pay (not much) and still need to save up for an apartment soon but his health comes first. We discussed it last night and agreed that he should go down to part time work for now and informed the manager this morning. He wants to use this time to focus on our relationship and bring his health back up. He also says he hates not getting to spend enough time with me. I feel this will make things so much better with us. We won't be fussy and be able to fully enjoy our relationship like we did when we first got together. Hopefully I will focus a bit less on this process too.

The only concern I have is, will this cause him not to get approved as my sponsor? I am afraid this will look bad. But he is only working part time until after AIP so it isn't that long. I just want to make sure we would be in the clear for him to take this break. What do you guys think, will this cause him to be turned down? My common sense is saying no but my worry mind is saying maybe?
Hi Love_Young, I remember reading somewhere (though I can't remember exactly where) that a sponsor will not be refused for financial reasons unless you have dependents to support and the sponsor obviously can't provide for them.

My partner is also earning very little right now .... but we are extremely lucky to have some savings and I have some income from freelance stuff I've been doing for a while. I was concerned about this too - how his low income would look on the application - but they say it's not a deciding factor. I'm sure you will be fine, and I'm glad you guys made the decision to take care of his health and the relationship first - that's most important!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Hey everyone,

Just a question. I am wondering if I am doing this right. We are having trouble logging on to e-cas....I want to make sure, is e-cas is the thing on CIC's website that says "check the status of your application" ? I have attempted several times to log onto to it, but have been unsuccessful. Any tips?

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
hi guys

I have just got the news that I will be starting work on monday!!! I may miss my son coming out of the hospital which is sad but i think this will be ok lol.

thanks

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
TeresaLynn said:
Hey everyone,

Just a question. I am wondering if I am doing this right. We are having trouble logging on to e-cas....I want to make sure, is e-cas is the thing on CIC's website that says "check the status of your application" ? I have attempted several times to log onto to it, but have been unsuccessful. Any tips?
yes thats it. i only could log in with my ID number. receipt number didnt work for me.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Kris13 said:
hi guys

I have just got the news that I will be starting work on monday!!! I may miss my son coming out of the hospital which is sad but i think this will be ok lol.

thanks
congrats yey!

Van Bound

Jan 6, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-03-2010
Hi love_young;
although they do ask about your sponsor's financial details, cic will not reject anyone based on financial grounds only. As long as your sponsor agrees to take responsibility for any financial assistance you might receive from the government in the next 3 years, you should be golden.

My gf who sponsored me is a full time student, and only works part time 2 days a week, however we received our aip last week. They must recognize the earning potential of the sponsored person too, and take that into account.

with all the things I'm sure you're worrying about, you can scratch this off the list!

All the best to everyone that's waiting!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Hi everyone

First, congrats to all of you who have received OWP, AIP, AOR.....etc, it's not just a gud news for you but also us, so people who are like me know that CIC is doing their work indeed ;D

This coming Wednesday (February 2nd) is Chinese tradition New Year's eve, it is "rabbit year". I wish everyone has a good year and hope the processing speed of CIC can be like a rabbit, "jumping(or running?) fast" :p

To Love Young

I don't think you need to worry about the finance things, as I know, lots of sponsors are just students and they passed the processing. My bf is a self-employed and his income is not stable (he only got 2 work orders this month :-\) but I believe everything will just be fine. So, relax and enjoy some good times with your honey.

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
Hi Inlanders

I thought I'd get on here and let you know that My son Jack christopher was born today @ 1326 and he was 10lbs 7oz and he and mum are doing fine

thank you all

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Happy Chinese New Year to all!! I hope it brings us all luck. I called CIC today with reference to the e-cas situation, they could not help. I had to e-mail my question to the help desk. I hope they have the answer. Congrats to everyone who have received good news from CIC, I hope we all hear something soon. Take care everyone...stay positive :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
CONGRATS Kris!!! big baby....way to go! I had a my son 6 months ago, it's been amazing! Is this your first?

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Congratulation Kris13 on your new addition! :) May you have many happy moments with the little one now and always!
My son turns 8 months next week, being a parent is the best thing ever, they bring so much joy to our lives. All the best to you and your family!

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Condrads Everyone on your happy news

I emailed RCMP a few weeks back to see if they completed my husbands background checks. i just wanted to let everyone know that according to the RCMP checks for Immigration are now taking Over 120 Days! That's 4 Months my friends. Over 4 months. So Hopefully you all get a IO who sends that part in earlier than when you received AIP. Ours didn't.

Have a good day everyone

brightsage

Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2nd. 2K10
Med's Done....
March 2nd. 2K10
well it has been a while since i last checked in...mostly because we are just disgusted with the whole process....but bringing things current....we applied inland on march 2nd.....application done professionally, everything copied and catalogued so a chimpanzie could follow it....on november 5 i got a letter requesting i send in copies of my wifes and my passport.....of course they were sent in with the original application so i was somewhat puzzled that they were asking for them again....but in order to not cause further delays i sent them in again.......and waited and waited...until i finally called them last week...after three days of trying i actually got to talk to a human.....who when presented with our situation stated that.."oh don't worry....we are just now opening correspondence for the first week of october".........i let him have an earful but whats the use you can't change these assholes.....in other words if all goes well we can expect a delay of a minimum of 5 months just for this one simple request of a passport copy which we had already sent in with the original application.......what a stupid system....hope you all have more luck

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
brightsage said:
well it has been a while since i last checked in...mostly because we are just disgusted with the whole process....but bringing things current....we applied inland on march 2nd.....application done professionally, everything copied and catalogued so a chimpanzie could follow it....on november 5 i got a letter requesting i send in copies of my wifes and my passport.....of course they were sent in with the original application so i was somewhat puzzled that they were asking for them again....but in order to not cause further delays i sent them in again.......and waited and waited...until i finally called them last week...after three days of trying i actually got to talk to a human.....who when presented with our situation stated that.."oh don't worry....we are just now opening correspondence for the first week of october".........i let him have an earful but whats the use you can't change these assholes.....in other words if all goes well we can expect a delay of a minimum of 5 months just for this one simple request of a passport copy which we had already sent in with the original application.......what a stupid system....hope you all have more luck
I agree with you brightsage, they should change the system or at least employ more people, the applications are processed too "slowly"....way too slowly.....it's unbelieavable for a country like Canada where usually government papers are processed pretty quickly, it seems that immigration works on a different radio wave