+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
boasorte said:
So today I received my FOSS notes, two weeks after ordering it by fax.

I am a bit upset, because the notes don't mention much or better said, nothing about my relationship, nothing about fees, not even when they received my application. It only says when I did my medicals and when they received it, and when they supposedly "started" working on my application, also when I applied for a visa to come to Canada.

I saw Love_Young's post about her FOSS notes and even though I applied before her she has way more information on her notes than I have on mine. I called the CIC call center to make sure they indeed have received my application and according to the Call center agent they did so, but they haven't started working on it since CPC-V is still working on application received on April 13th.

I really hope they didn't lose my application, and that I will hear anything from them soon, even a refusal.

(Love_Young sorry to mention you without your authorization, I just wanted to make a point) :)

At this point I am expecting anything, really.

Luck to all! :)
Hi Boasorte,

my FOSS notes did'nt have any of the above details either. But I dont think it is a point of concern....

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
CIC Website show they are working on applications received up to April 17th, 2010...getting closer! Good luck everyone. :D

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have slowed down. They were progressing 8/9 days per week, since the beginning of the year they started having a progress of only 3-4 days per week.

I wouldn't be surprised if the timeline increases to 10-11 months for AIP, at anytime soon.

I hope that this is happening because some of them are on vacation, enjoying a nice warm weather.
And when they come back they will be faster and nicer than before. :)

YodaBob

Jan 18, 2011
Red Deer
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2010
Doc's Request.
06 January 2011
Van Bound said:
For anyone asked to provide further info in support of your relationship, this added 2 weeks to the process from me sending the required documentation. I know Yodabob especially was in the same situation.
Thank you for the information Van Bound, and congrats! I hope you get your PR card soon.I sent in my requested document on the 17th of this month, so hopefully I will hear something in the begining of Feb. fingers cross for me!!!

Hey abisehiyo
I live in red deer, but I went to university in Edmonton, and I lived there for about 8 years. That's really cool we are so near each other.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
dudebr said:
They have slowed down. They were progressing 8/9 days per week, since the beginning of the year they started having a progress of only 3-4 days per week.

I wouldn't be surprised if the timeline increases to 10-11 months for AIP, at anytime soon.

I hope that this is happening because some of them are on vacation, enjoying a nice warm weather.
And when they come back they will be faster and nicer than before. :)
Actually I would like to think about it differently. Usually the time that is posted are those that should be GUARANTEED to hear something but in actuality they are also working on those applications sent 4-5 days ahead of that. Just look through the thread everyday before new times are posted and you will see what I mean. So I am pretty sure the day they post next time will be April 21 or 22 which will be 4-5 days and come to think of it is a full work week. And by then some of those people on that date will have already heard from them because they were working up to that date before. They just don't post that date because they know they are not moving that fast so if people start realizing they aren't getting any thing back yet so then they will start complaining etc. That is why they post the date they know for sure is getting news.

And no I really REALLY hope the time doesn't go up to that. Why in the world would you? I have waited plenty long enough and put our life on hold for this. I be darned if I do it for a whole year when it was only supposed to be 6 months when I started. That would be ridiculous. Sorry to sound rude but like most, I want my answer and I want it now. If I can work then please let me do so, so that my husband doesn't struggle with bills anymore. We literally can't afford to wait another month or two extra in the time line. Also, you must remember that they are still getting back to work after a holiday. I am sure it takes a while to get going and to get everyone amped up again. In fact, here is to me being hopeful that they timelines actually go down soon. Good luck.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
confusedwife said:
Thank you all Amen!!

I applied to sponsor my husband Nov 25,2009.
App received Dec. 1,2009
1st letter received Feb. 23,2010 that our file was transferred to local office Ottawa.
2nd letter received June 2010 from Ottawa that the have file but is backlogged 24 months
we moved to Gatineau June 2010
Nov. 24,2010 file transferred to Gatineau local office
husband arrested for overstaying Dec 2,2010. He has been out of status for 8 years.
Released after 5 days $5000 cash bail and he signs in once per week
Ticket bought for him to leave Jan 10, 2011
deferral request made Dec 21,2010 and granted same day. Ticket cancelled.
Interview letter received also letter telling us to apply for CSQ in Quebec Jan 4,2011
request CSQ Jan. 7,2011,
Interview done and passed Jan 11, 2011;
CSQ received Jan 19,2011
Jan 25, 2011 landing interview as well as 1st stage approval letter received.

So when a person says "Journey" I completely understand. I fought to keep my husband here and you should not give up. There are ppl in this country with great level of authority that can get things moving. You just have to ask.
Congratulations to you and your hubby confused wife, the PR will be even sweeter with all the problems you have had! Well Done!!
Not good to hear Ottawa is back logged from way back then though...guess my hopes of getting PR before the 9 months is pretty slim.

I also received this email from a friend (international student) who is studying in Canada.

Subject: international students eligible for domestic fees

Hello everyone, I just want to pass a very interesting piece of
information. I have been informed that if an international students has
been married to a Canadian for at least three years, he or she is
eligible to pay domestic fees. This would surely make a big difference
in how much anyone in such position is paying for tuition fees!

Hope this information helps!!

Great to hear the good news of people getting AIP and PR I wish you all the best :)

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
kiwikris said:
Congratulations to you and your hubby confused wife, the PR will be even sweeter with all the problems you have had! Well Done!!
Not good to hear Ottawa is back logged from way back then though...guess my hopes of getting PR before the 9 months is pretty slim.

I also received this email from a friend (international student) who is studying in Canada.

Subject: international students eligible for domestic fees

Hello everyone, I just want to pass a very interesting piece of
information. I have been informed that if an international students has
been married to a Canadian for at least three years, he or she is
eligible to pay domestic fees. This would surely make a big difference
in how much anyone in such position is paying for tuition fees!

Hope this information helps!!

Great to hear the good news of people getting AIP and PR I wish you all the best :)
if you were married for 3 years, you would have got your PR way before that anyways. But it the 3 years were shortened then thats one big loop hole & one giant motivation for fake marriages.

zehra

Nov 15, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have a simple question, which was bothering me. I've applied on October 14, they got my file on October 15. It has been more than 3 months. Am I not supposed to hear anything from them, a letter saying they they got my file??

I'm tired of getting upset when I can't see anything from them in the mail box everyday :(

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zehra said:
Hi everyone,

I have a simple question, which was bothering me. I've applied on October 14, they got my file on October 15. It has been more than 3 months. Am I not supposed to hear anything from them, a letter saying they they got my file??

I'm tired of getting upset when I can't see anything from them in the mail box everyday :(
I am Sorry to inform You that for inland application CPC-V doesn't issue Acknowledgement of receipt, a.k.a AOR.
It only happens for Outland applications.
However you may be able to check your application on e-CAS, it's not for sure though. Some people are able to do so within 3 months after sending the app. in, but some aren't.
Good luck ! :)

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Hey guys, just checking in to say hello.

We are still waiting for OWP

We will wait 4 weeks from AIP to begin inquiring about weather or not the VISA office in Kingston,JA has contacted our son regarding his forms and medical.

Best of luck to everyone! :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
oceans_end said:
if you were married for 3 years, you would have got your PR way before that anyways. But it the 3 years were shortened then thats one big loop hole & one giant motivation for fake marriages.
Not necessarily, as you may get married and live in a different country first and so when you do come to Canada you could apply for a student visa which takes 40 days to process (also have to be accepted by a school/university) and then apply inland/outland for PR through marriage. Then you are not sitting around not being able to work or do anything for 6 months to 2 years, depending on how your process goes. Also you may have just graduated by the time you get PR and would be able to get a job that you are happy with and intergrate into the community faster maybe? Some people may be part way through their degree or wanting to study for their masters or PHD or even just get started. Since this seems to have just happened I don't think they will reduce the amount you have to wait and I think 3 years is a good amount of time. Of course this won't work for everyone but again it would be better than not having anything to do, you would have something to work towards and look forward to, to keep you interested and keep you out of trouble lol. :) (Just kidding hehehe)

YodaBob

Jan 18, 2011
Red Deer
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2010
Doc's Request.
06 January 2011
Hello all. I just have a quick question. I was wondering for those of you who have received your AIP letter, does your status on the cic website change before you received the letter? I have been checking everyday like a crazy person! :eek:

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
YodaBob said:
Hello all. I just have a quick question. I was wondering for those of you who have received your AIP letter, does your status on the cic website change before you received the letter? I have been checking everyday like a crazy person! :eek:
mine changed before the letter, but its not the rule. it very depends on the person who works on ur file. some update ecas after sending letters.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hello inlanders.
I hope all you are keeping your spirits high and I am wishing all of us good luck for the future. Everyday I am getting more and more nervous about the decision. I can't see why we would be refused but I worry about whether I displayed our relationship in an understanding way. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I have a quick question. My hubby works full time overnights and I usually go down to hang out at work with him. He works at Subway and got robbed before so I want to make sure he is safe and not alone. Anyway, hubby has been doing this for a year so far and his health has gone down since doing this. We do still have debt to pay (not much) and still need to save up for an apartment soon but his health comes first. We discussed it last night and agreed that he should go down to part time work for now and informed the manager this morning. He wants to use this time to focus on our relationship and bring his health back up. He also says he hates not getting to spend enough time with me. I feel this will make things so much better with us. We won't be fussy and be able to fully enjoy our relationship like we did when we first got together. Hopefully I will focus a bit less on this process too.

The only concern I have is, will this cause him not to get approved as my sponsor? I am afraid this will look bad. But he is only working part time until after AIP so it isn't that long. I just want to make sure we would be in the clear for him to take this break. What do you guys think, will this cause him to be turned down? My common sense is saying no but my worry mind is saying maybe?

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:
Hello inlanders.
I hope all you are keeping your spirits high and I am wishing all of us good luck for the future. Everyday I am getting more and more nervous about the decision. I can't see why we would be refused but I worry about whether I displayed our relationship in an understanding way. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I have a quick question. My hubby works full time overnights and I usually go down to hang out at work with him. He works at Subway and got robbed before so I want to make sure he is safe and not alone. Anyway, hubby has been doing this for a year so far and his health has gone down since doing this. We do still have debt to pay (not much) and still need to save up for an apartment soon but his health comes first. We discussed it last night and agreed that he should go down to part time work for now and informed the manager this morning. He wants to use this time to focus on our relationship and bring his health back up. He also says he hates not getting to spend enough time with me. I feel this will make things so much better with us. We won't be fussy and be able to fully enjoy our relationship like we did when we first got together. Hopefully I will focus a bit less on this process too.

The only concern I have is, will this cause him not to get approved as my sponsor? I am afraid this will look bad. But he is only working part time until after AIP so it isn't that long. I just want to make sure we would be in the clear for him to take this break. What do you guys think, will this cause him to be turned down? My common sense is saying no but my worry mind is saying maybe?
hey love young!

yup yup, definitely can't wait for aip! i'm just itching to get it by now.. especially since my current work permit will be expiring in march! yikes :S

anyways, i'm sure the change in your financial situation won't affect your application. my hubby's on EI right now, and i called cic before sending my application in to see if that would be a problem. they said that it shouldn't, so i'm pretty sure yours won't be an issue either!

here's to good health and a very healthy relationship! cheer up :)