+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
computergeek said:
So it says "C7263" has reviewed this file, the meds are present, there's a passport expiration issue, they see the RPRF has been paid, indicates security checks for someone still needs to be done and requests that the file pop up for review again on 1 September ("short BF" = "short bring forward").

A "bring forward" date isn't a hard date, but rather it's the date when your file will start appearing on some sort of internal exception report ("files to review") and thus should come to someone's attention in short order.

My read: someone is trying to get your file wrapped up soon.
Thanks a lot. My MP just called that we should be expection a letter from Local CIC. I will keep you updated as soon as I get DM.

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
:D :D :D

I received my "Decision Made" letter from Vegreville today. Just waiting for a letter from Windsor for my landing appointment and I'll be on my way.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
computergeek said:
So it says "C7263" has reviewed this file, the meds are present, there's a passport expiration issue, they see the RPRF has been paid, indicates security checks for someone still needs to be done and requests that the file pop up for review again on 1 September ("short BF" = "short bring forward").

A "bring forward" date isn't a hard date, but rather it's the date when your file will start appearing on some sort of internal exception report ("files to review") and thus should come to someone's attention in short order.

My read: someone is trying to get your file wrapped up soon.

Hi computergeek,

I just got off the phone with an Officer from Immigration Minister's Office in Ottawa. I have taken my family's case to the Immigration Minister as my son has to go to the University. The Officer told me that the only thing that is delaying Final Decision on the Inland PR application is the Security checks for my son. CIC have initiated the security checks.
Please do you have any idea how long is going to take to complete the security check?
This is to be done within Canada (My son just turned 19 yrs. old). CIC claimed that they do not have control over this process as this is carried out by another government agency.
Please , I need your idea on this.

Thanks,

POLOCAP

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
POLICAP said:
Hi computergeek,

I just got off the phone with an Officer from Immigration Minister's Office in Ottawa. I have taken my family's case to the Immigration Minister as my son has to go to the University. The Officer told me that the only thing that is delaying Final Decision on the Inland PR application is the Security checks for my son. CIC have initiated the security checks.
Please do you have any idea how long is going to take to complete the security check?
This is to be done within Canada (My son just turned 19 yrs. old). CIC claimed that they do not have control over this process as this is carried out by another government agency.
Please , I need your idea on this.

Thanks,

POLOCAP
Your son is 19 and inside Canada? Security checks should have been completed within hours (CSIS is the Canadian agency that handles this normally, although with some involvement from CBSA and RCMP in some cases). When it comes to checking security OUTSIDE Canada it can take a while, but for inside Canada it shouldn't take much time at all. Still, this is one of CIC's favourite excuses for not moving an application forward (because it is an "external" agency and beyond their control).

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
BLT123 said:
Still waiting here.....being given the same run around about security checks.... ::)
OMG...when did you apply??

I'm worried about our Application taking a long time, as my husband has obtained police checks from 3 countries, but for the 4th we have to await CIC's instructions. AND he does have a very minor charge on his US record....But I know all these will delay the Application :(

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
computergeek said:
Your son is 19 and inside Canada? Security checks should have been completed within hours (CSIS is the Canadian agency that handles this normally, although with some involvement from CBSA and RCMP in some cases). When it comes to checking security OUTSIDE Canada it can take a while, but for inside Canada it shouldn't take much time at all. Still, this is one of CIC's favourite excuses for not moving an application forward (because it is an "external" agency and beyond their control).

Thanks for your reply. My son is inside Canada. I will call the woman this morning and explain to her that my immigration lawyer said this should not take so much time to complete. Moreover, if Canada really has interest in young children education, this should speed up the processing of his application after all the minister's office is aware that this kid has missed two university’s academic sessions. This is quite a genuine reason to expedite action on this application

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
The wait continues.Been over a year since stage 2 started. Really frustrating. Im sure no one is working on the file its probably collecting dust.Theyve lost my police certificate which i had to resend too, what a load of horse s*&&*

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Folks, I'm sitting here crying and I don't know what to do anymore.

Got AIP Sept. 12, 2012, since then, nothing until I contacted my MP about 3-4 weeks ago. They inquired with CIC and apparently everything is done (background checks, etc.), just medical was "in process", and they couldn't give a bring forward date or any reason why it isn't/wasn't moving at all.

Last week, I suddenly receive an email from CIC with a new medical form asking me to re-do my medical, and saying "Please not that this is the second request for this information". Why yes. They requested a new medical after AIP last year because it was expired, so I'm apparently in for a third round of medicals now. The thing is, the old re-do hasn't even expired yet. It expired on Sept. 20th.

I called the call center and made the agent look up (again, did that already last Dec.) when/if they had received my old re-do because I started to think (again) that they lost my results. It's in their system as received on Oct. 5th. I then proceeded to ask her why it can't be extended and she said it's up to the discretion of the officer, and they are probably requesting a new one three weeks before it even expires because they expect the file to sit longer still. For no apparent reason. Since, according to her as well, everything else is done. WTH??

Asking her if there is any way I could contact the officer and ask for an extension of the medical, she said the only option would be to send a letter to Vegreville. However, I have to provide the new medical within 60 days. Has anyone ever done this before?

I'm really upset about this, because a) I don't want to pay the fee for the third time, particularly since I'm currently unemployed and haven't been able to find a job 30 applications later (not even filling shelves at Home Depot), so money is scarce, and b) I'm genuinely terrified of chest x-rays because my Mom died of breast cancer and it freaks me out to have my chest unnecessarily radiated over and over again. It's really messing with me and I feel miserable. I know I'm whining and other people have it much worse with regard to waiting times AND being separated, but today really feels to me like I've reached my personal low of the immigration journey. I just wish I could UNDERSTAND why it is taking so long, but they don't even provide any reasons, which I find immensely frustrating. Didn't help that the agent was rather condescending.

This makes me wonder if it is finally time for me to order FOSS notes. Would I be able to get more info there? Would it help? Would I be able to see if maybe I didn't pass the medical last time and they were trying to sit it out (either see if I improve/get separated so that they don't have to potentially shell out money for my medical care? I had surgery while I was on my work permit. I always thought that doesn't even matter for spousal sponsorship?).

Did anyone have this situation before where CIC didn't extend the medical even though everything else was done? I feel like it's going in circles and they are chasing me around, and I'll redo my medical now just to be asked for a new one again next September until the end of days.

Thank you for listening, I have no one else right now but a screaming toddler and the cat because DH is at work and I'm a mess.

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Forgot to add, it also turned out that even though I changed my address online, and the new address was displayed correctly on ECAS, they never changed it in their system.

I had to give the call center agent my new address for her to change it permanently in their system, and she had no idea/explanation why it wasn't updated after I changed it on ECAS months ago. Incredibly frustrating, I'm glad I got the correspondence by email, or else the letter probably wouldn't have reached us, while I was sitting here thinking the address was updated because it looked like it was. I guess what I'm saying is, if you move, change your address on ECAS as they suggest and then call them to make sure they ACTUALLY change it (or simply call them right away, if you can manage dealing with being on hold).

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
I landed today, at the Windsor Immigration Centre. It took less than 15 minutes, between interview and getting a SIN issued.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. It was a place of comfort and great information over the years (111 weeks!) that we were in process.

Dondon86

Aug 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VERG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2011
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
10 July 2014
StoneTable said:
I landed today, at the Windsor Immigration Centre. It took less than 15 minutes, between interview and getting a SIN issued.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. It was a place of comfort and great information over the years (111 weeks!) that we were in process.
GONGRATZ!!! Its a good thing to hear some good news once in a while wish you all the best !!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

Finally I got a letter for my landing date on 2nd oct. It took 2 years and two months for me to get to this stage. My case was rejected from outside the Canada and accepted from inside. No info changed. Strange but I am happy that's it's done.

Thanx for all people who helped me over these years. There is a light at the end of tunnel you have to just see that.

Naz

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Deutschbug said:
Folks, I'm sitting here crying and I don't know what to do anymore.

Got AIP Sept. 12, 2012, since then, nothing until I contacted my MP about 3-4 weeks ago. They inquired with CIC and apparently everything is done (background checks, etc.), just medical was "in process", and they couldn't give a bring forward date or any reason why it isn't/wasn't moving at all.

Last week, I suddenly receive an email from CIC with a new medical form asking me to re-do my medical, and saying "Please not that this is the second request for this information". Why yes. They requested a new medical after AIP last year because it was expired, so I'm apparently in for a third round of medicals now. The thing is, the old re-do hasn't even expired yet. It expired on Sept. 20th.

I called the call center and made the agent look up (again, did that already last Dec.) when/if they had received my old re-do because I started to think (again) that they lost my results. It's in their system as received on Oct. 5th. I then proceeded to ask her why it can't be extended and she said it's up to the discretion of the officer, and they are probably requesting a new one three weeks before it even expires because they expect the file to sit longer still. For no apparent reason. Since, according to her as well, everything else is done. WTH??

Asking her if there is any way I could contact the officer and ask for an extension of the medical, she said the only option would be to send a letter to Vegreville. However, I have to provide the new medical within 60 days. Has anyone ever done this before?

I'm really upset about this, because a) I don't want to pay the fee for the third time, particularly since I'm currently unemployed and haven't been able to find a job 30 applications later (not even filling shelves at Home Depot), so money is scarce, and b) I'm genuinely terrified of chest x-rays because my Mom died of breast cancer and it freaks me out to have my chest unnecessarily radiated over and over again. It's really messing with me and I feel miserable. I know I'm whining and other people have it much worse with regard to waiting times AND being separated, but today really feels to me like I've reached my personal low of the immigration journey. I just wish I could UNDERSTAND why it is taking so long, but they don't even provide any reasons, which I find immensely frustrating. Didn't help that the agent was rather condescending.

This makes me wonder if it is finally time for me to order FOSS notes. Would I be able to get more info there? Would it help? Would I be able to see if maybe I didn't pass the medical last time and they were trying to sit it out (either see if I improve/get separated so that they don't have to potentially shell out money for my medical care? I had surgery while I was on my work permit. I always thought that doesn't even matter for spousal sponsorship?).

Did anyone have this situation before where CIC didn't extend the medical even though everything else was done? I feel like it's going in circles and they are chasing me around, and I'll redo my medical now just to be asked for a new one again next September until the end of days.

Thank you for listening, I have no one else right now but a screaming toddler and the cat because DH is at work and I'm a mess.
It's upsetting to see someone go through this like you, I couldn't imagine how frustrated and angry you must be! You got an open work permit and you can't find a job, is that what you mean? Try go to somebody who professionally goes through cover letters and CVs (not saying yours is bad given the fact I don't even know) but did so and it worked amazing. I had surgery as well when I was on my work permit, and it need another laser eye procedure done (I had severe cataracts removed previously when I had my IEC) it shouldn't matter I think they are looking into your medical history having contagious diseases such as tuberculosis and stuff like that so you shouldn't worry at all :) if I were you, given the fact you have been waiting for so long, I think it's essential to order the FOSS notes just to see if there are any information you could use. I don't really know what else to tell ya. If you need to talk don't hesitate to PM me! :)

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Line.a said:
It's upsetting to see someone go through this like you, I couldn't imagine how frustrated and angry you must be! You got an open work permit and you can't find a job, is that what you mean? Try go to somebody who professionally goes through cover letters and CVs (not saying yours is bad given the fact I don't even know) but did so and it worked amazing. I had surgery as well when I was on my work permit, and it need another laser eye procedure done (I had severe cataracts removed previously when I had my IEC) it shouldn't matter I think they are looking into your medical history having contagious diseases such as tuberculosis and stuff like that so you shouldn't worry at all :) if I were you, given the fact you have been waiting for so long, I think it's essential to order the FOSS notes just to see if there are any information you could use. I don't really know what else to tell ya. If you need to talk don't hesitate to PM me! :)
This is frustrating indeed.
My wife received a email from CIC today asking her and her dependent to re- do medical . This is rediculous
Second medical was requested in March 2013 after was granted AIP in Jan 2013. Not up to 6 months CIC it was confirmed on the FOSS notes that med was received in April 2013..
CIC shame on you you 're just eating tax payers money doing nothing. It is time to go to the media and show the whole world the type of job they're dong I rest my case here .