AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your uplifting words. In the meantime, I've ordered my GCMS notes. It's been almost 2 weeks now, so I hope they'll arrive soon. I'm very curious to see if there is any indication for why it's taking so long.

I also bit the bullet and re-did the medical. And ended up failing the x-ray because the radiologist found something "abnormal". I freaked out even worse than I did before, but thankfully I have a great DMP who immediately ordered more x-rays because he suspected that it was just an imaging artifact, and he also thought it was ridiculous that I had to re-do the medical and didn't want me to have to wait even longer or be put on TB surveillance. So, they did three more x-rays, which I really didn't like either because of all the unnecessary radiation and of course I had to pay for it out of pocket, but what else was I supposed to do. In the end it thankfully turned out to be absolutely nothing, it was just a blip in the first x-ray, and they couldn't find any indication of abnormality in the follow ups. Phew!

Thinks were generally moving much faster than with my last medical, because they are using the new e-medical process. It really cuts down on time and money, because they take a picture of you and you don't have to bring passport pics (which cost me another 50 bucks last year), and the results are forwarded to Ottawa almost instantly. My Ecas updated with "Medicals have been received" only 1.5 weeks after my initial appointment! That's a first, it was never updated for my old medicals, which is making me kind of hopeful that things will finally move forward now.

As for the job situation, I really don't know what the problem is. I was able to sustain myself on a string of closed work permits for 5 years, and now I'm all of a sudden really down on luck. Even a company that I interviewed with before and that told me they were going to hire me once I have an open permit isn't interested anymore. Can't get survival jobs either because with a PhD I'm overqualified. Good grief.

I contacted the local employment center, but was told they can't offer me any counseling or even just briefly go over my resume/cover letter because I'm not a PR. I told them that I have AIP, which they never heard of before, but they are looking into it if it qualifies me to receive any of their services.

Who else is still waiting? How is the job situation going?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

I have landed at vancover office yesterday after 2 years and 2 months. The interview took about 3 min. They asked generic three questions.

They even told me that I can apply for citizenship after 2 years as 1 year will count.

Thanks for everyone and good luck

Naz

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Deutschbug said:
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your uplifting words. In the meantime, I've ordered my GCMS notes. It's been almost 2 weeks now, so I hope they'll arrive soon. I'm very curious to see if there is any indication for why it's taking so long.

I also bit the bullet and re-did the medical. And ended up failing the x-ray because the radiologist found something "abnormal". I freaked out even worse than I did before, but thankfully I have a great DMP who immediately ordered more x-rays because he suspected that it was just an imaging artifact, and he also thought it was ridiculous that I had to re-do the medical and didn't want me to have to wait even longer or be put on TB surveillance. So, they did three more x-rays, which I really didn't like either because of all the unnecessary radiation and of course I had to pay for it out of pocket, but what else was I supposed to do. In the end it thankfully turned out to be absolutely nothing, it was just a blip in the first x-ray, and they couldn't find any indication of abnormality in the follow ups. Phew!

Thinks were generally moving much faster than with my last medical, because they are using the new e-medical process. It really cuts down on time and money, because they take a picture of you and you don't have to bring passport pics (which cost me another 50 bucks last year), and the results are forwarded to Ottawa almost instantly. My Ecas updated with "Medicals have been received" only 1.5 weeks after my initial appointment! That's a first, it was never updated for my old medicals, which is making me kind of hopeful that things will finally move forward now.

As for the job situation, I really don't know what the problem is. I was able to sustain myself on a string of closed work permits for 5 years, and now I'm all of a sudden really down on luck. Even a company that I interviewed with before and that told me they were going to hire me once I have an open permit isn't interested anymore. Can't get survival jobs either because with a PhD I'm overqualified. Good grief.

I contacted the local employment center, but was told they can't offer me any counseling or even just briefly go over my resume/cover letter because I'm not a PR. I told them that I have AIP, which they never heard of before, but they are looking into it if it qualifies me to receive any of their services.

Who else is still waiting? How is the job situation going?
Good it was a glitch in their system and not something wrong with you. I'd be so scared too. I'm feeling a little apprehensive about my medical test as well since I have all sorts of arthritis and just had cataracts removed (I feel like an 23 year old stuck in an old body) rather a creepy way to explain it but that's how it goes haha! :)

Ugh that is annoying.. Not even when you got an open work permit? You're technically a resident of Canada then. I cross my fingers for you!

I can't complain yet seeing your situation.. 8 months being unemployed is extremely boring though and my partner works so much to be able to keep us under a roof with food and a dog to take care of! I'm just gonna take a decent job as soon as I can like Tim hortons to start up with (hopefully!)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
There are plenty of jobs in Ontario...maybe you will have to come out here! :)

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Landed on Oct 3. Good luck everyone!

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Quick recap,

File was transferred to the local montreal immigration office after AIP on Oct 10th 2012 for further second stage review. According to my ATIP notes(case notes) there are identity issue. WTF does that mean....im not who I say I am?....anyway looks like im in for the long hall. Montreal has had my file for a year now and not a word.

The call center was able to inquire on my behalf as to how long it will take and Montreal's response was pathetic..."there is no timeline for my case".....oh joy!......

Contacted my MP, he said the same thing....no time line, background checks are in progress and my meds are valid till Sep 2013.

#feelingdown

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
POLICAP said:
This is frustrating indeed.
My wife received a email from CIC today asking her and her dependent to re- do medical . This is rediculous
Second medical was requested in March 2013 after was granted AIP in Jan 2013. Not up to 6 months CIC it was confirmed on the FOSS notes that med was received in April 2013..
CIC shame on you you 're just eating tax payers money doing nothing. It is time to go to the media and show the whole world the type of job they're dong I rest my case here .
Hi Everyone,

Flowing from above, I personally contacted the Immigration Minister in Ottawa, after I told them that I will go to the media. They now gave CIC Etobicoke 30 days to Roundup the Case or loose their job. The Minister said the case is long overdue. Some CIC officials has made themself Alpha and Omega by targeting some files for lock in. ie. Until they are ready to look at the file. My families are not Refuge. They are confide dependents of a Canadian Citizen.

When I keep silence for a long time, they push you to the wall. It’s time for me to react and make them loose their jobs. Some government officials never think of the end. They should realize that they are in position for a while. They will go but the office will remain.
Please let us think about the future in anything we do.

peter74

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veggreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2013 AIP
File Transfer...
01-02-1013
Med's Request
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-08-2012
Interview........
25-10-2013
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
After 2 years and two months of waiting, my wife receive today a "call in notice" to appear on interview in CIC Etobicoke after 2 weeks. In this "call in notice" CIC is saying that they need the following documents: copmleted form 008, me as a spouse, 2 interpreters, valid passport, record of landing, birth cert, letter of employment, tax return for me and my wife, marriage cert, copy of bills, copy of joint accounts, copy of credit cards, pictures from ceremonies, any other information you might thing prove genuine relationship.

Is anyone ever received such "call in notice"?
Please any help will be great

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Yes. I did. My wife and I got that kind of letter last year September (2012).
Please go there and defend yourself and your wife. Whatever you tell them they will accept. She is your wife.
Just go there and prepare very well with all your supporting documents. After 3 months we got AIP.

My wife was asked to re-do medical in April, 2013 and pay landing fee while her dependent was asked to do finger printing and police report. Please don't argue with them. Just take it easy and calm. Respond easily to their questions, be short and concise in your response. All is well.

We're waiting for the final decision at most next month.

POLICAP

peter74

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Veggreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2013 AIP
File Transfer...
01-02-1013
Med's Request
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-08-2012
Interview........
25-10-2013
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi and thanks for the answer. Are they idiots. They want me to bring all documents I've sent two years ago to Vegreville. Is this mean that my application process is starting right now? And we have to wait for another 2 years? For AIP?

kite64

Oct 19, 2013
Good evening everyone :)

This is what I received through my email today:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation
of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be
prepared to submit the total fee of $490. Fees can be paid online. You
must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in
ETOBICOKE when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent
residence document.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.

I paid the fee online today and printed a copy. My concern is that on the online services page under 'retrieve previous payments' option, today's receipt is not listed, neither i received an email confirmation for the payment. I was logged in into the account (under the same email i used for the application processing fee payment, which was received successfully).

1) Does it mean that they will send an email when they receive the payment?

2) Also, do i need to send a copy of the receipt in Vegreville, Alberta or simply have it with me for the appointment?

3) How long do you think will it take for them to schedule the appointment?

Thank you in advance :)

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just bring the receipt during landing appointment, You just have to wait for the snail mail on when your landing appointment is. Congrats!

kite64

Oct 19, 2013
jenny12345 said:
Just bring the receipt during landing appointment, You just have to wait for the snail mail on when your landing appointment is. Congrats!
Thank you Jenny :)

So it will not make a difference in speeding the process if i send the receipt?

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. It will have no bearing at all. Just wait for the snail mail regarding landing appointment. Mine came 2 weeks after the email but the appointment itself was 3 months ahead.

kite64

Oct 19, 2013
jenny12345 said:
No. It will have no bearing at all. Just wait for the snail mail regarding landing appointment. Mine came 2 weeks after the email but the appointment itself was 3 months ahead.
Thank you again, i appreciate your quick reply! All the best :)