Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
HELP! RE: Work Permit Questions

I feel a bit ridiculous that I am unable to find the link for an open work permit application to add to our Inland Sponsorship. Do we need an LMO? Do we fill out the "from outside of Canada one" and for that form write Not applicable as we are applying from inside Canada?

or use Application to Change my conditions, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker? (IMM 5710)
I can't seem to figure it out and would love your expertise!
Thanks

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Re: HELP! RE: Work Permit Questions

Can anyone else speak to this?... I was focussing so much on the sponsorship application that the work permit got left to the wayside... and now I realize its a big deal. and it seems in the questions in the form that you need to have a prospective employer and LMO. eeks... Also.. we only have one Crim check.. would we have to get another one? or once his name is in the system his documents can be accessed across departments.. (spouse to work)

Victorswife said:
I feel a bit ridiculous that I am unable to find the link for an open work permit application to add to our Inland Sponsorship. Do we need an LMO? Do we fill out the "from outside of Canada one" and for that form write Not applicable as we are applying from inside Canada?

or use Application to Change my conditions, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker? (IMM 5710)
Thanks

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Wicket08 said:
Hi Ann, I submitted the OWP application with the whole sponsorship package. I got the AIP and OWP in mail all at the same time.

Immigration Topics / Family Class Sponsorship / HELP! RE: Work Permit Questions

on: November 01, 2012, 02:07:34 am

I feel a bit ridiculous that I am unable to find the link for an open work permit application to add to our Inland Sponsorship. Do we need an LMO? and prospective employer? My husband just arrived... and is on a VIsitor's VIsa... Do we fill out the "from outside of Canada one" and for that form write Not applicable as we are applying from inside Canada?

or use Application to Change my conditions, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a Visitor (IMM 5558) ?
Thanks

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Hi, I am kind of confuse with the whole spousal sponsorship process for application within Canada. I got married to my husband in Oct this year, and we initially planned to apply through the Singapore office (where I am from). After the wedding in Oct, I headed over to Canada so that we can spend some time together here. However, due to the time it takes for processing through the Singapore office (apart 3 years), we want to explore the possibility of applying from within Canada.

I have been granted 6 months visa at my point of entry at Vancouver (per normal visa-exempt rules), however, to apply from within Canada, the process is beyond the 6 months period. As such, will I be able to apply through this? Can the visa granted be extended beyon the 6 months?

In addition, is it advisable to look for a job in the meanwhile? And will I be able to apply for a work permit within Canada should I obtain a job offer? What scheme is this under?

I have read in the forum that it is advisable to apply for a open work permit at the same time but I am unable to find any information with regards to this on the CIC website. Can someone help please...

My husband and I met while I was studying in Canada and working here previously (4years ago), but we broke up in between before getting back together again after meeting up in Australia. What kind of documents will be required to proof our relationship? Do I need to write out a story about this? We registered for marriage in Sinapore and have a reception there for SG family and friends, but will be having another wedding next summer for the Canada side, do I need to mention this in the application?

I am also confuse about whether I should obtain my medical checkup and police clearance prior to submission, or after submission of the documents. Please assist if possible.

Really confuse and frustrated with the process as we really do not want to be apart for like 30 over months while the Singapore office process the application.

Thanks a lot all for your help! Appreciate it lots.

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012

Victorswife said:

Thanks
I used Application to Change my conditions, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker
I applied online and one of the dropdown lists had "open work permit" as an option

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Victorswife said:
Can anyone else speak to this?... I was focussing so much on the sponsorship application that the work permit got left to the wayside... and now I realize its a big deal. and it seems in the questions in the form that you need to have a prospective employer and LMO. eeks... Also.. we only have one Crim check.. would we have to get another one? or once his name is in the system his documents can be accessed across departments.. (spouse to work)
Use the following link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5708E.PDF

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014

frenchie57 said:
I used Application to Change my conditions, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker
I applied online and one of the dropdown lists had "open work permit" as an option
Even as a Multiple Entrance Visa Holder? It is valid until 2016?
Also when you click OPEN WORK PERMIT... that means you do not need to fill out the Prospective Employer and or field?

suziii

Apr 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/09/2011
Doc's Request.
16/11/2012
AOR Received.
26/11/2012
Med's Request
07/09/2012
Med's Done....
05/11/2012
Interview........
05-03-2013
just called cic call centre... they are useless :(

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014

frenchie57 said:
using IMM 5710 We are trying to fill out the OWP but it won't validate without putting in Employer info that we do not have... think it is okay to write N/A?.. or unknown ?

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
I am Aug 4TH and only got AIP and OWP on June 21st.
Nothing since...
Seems like something is wired there...can't pinpoint...lots of people from June July and august didn't get second stage approved(simple cases) and still people that applied on April 2012 are already landing...
I stopped caring any more ::)
Aiman said:
Are there any June 2011 who still didn't get there stage 2 ??? It's really frustrating I got AIP in April and been waiting even since :(

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
avigtr said:
I am Aug 4TH and only got AIP and OWP on June 21st.
Nothing since...
Seems like something is wired there...can't pinpoint...lots of people from June July and august didn't get second stage approved(simple cases) and still people that applied on April 2012 are already landing...
I stopped caring any more ::)
I got my OWP today by mail, Applied August 27, 2012 online. I recieved my AIP back August 22, I thought Im gonna have my 2nd stage before they send my OWP but i was wrong. I dont know what else they have to do in my case, I sent all required documents except the In canada Police Certificate. Anyway I guess I just need to wait...... Have a nce day

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
xxpazaway said:
I got my OWP today by mail, Applied August 27, 2012 online. I recieved my AIP back August 22, I thought Im gonna have my 2nd stage before they send my OWP but i was wrong. I dont know what else they have to do in my case, I sent all required documents except the In canada Police Certificate. Anyway I guess I just need to wait...... Have a nce day
Hi !

Congrats on your OWP !
Where do you live ?
Canada police certificate is not required, only police clearance from your home country.
I guess you just have to wait, even if it's frustrating

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
Aiman said:
Are there any June 2011 who still didn't get there stage 2 ??? It's really frustrating I got AIP in April and been waiting even since :(
got aip in june nothing yet

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
frenchie57 said:
I got my letter on sep 19. My landing interview is scheduled in Calgary on Nov 22
Is Calgary office this busy? I got my letter for landing interview on Sep 24 th and won't land till Nov 29 th, so crazy... I Canton wait till landing day