+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks,

I wrote them an email but as I got the automated response it specifacly said that if I am in the legit time frame(8 months and I am waiting only 5 almost..) they will not respond...
Ow well..worth a shot :)
cr2008 said:
Look at this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp#permanent

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Re: Application to extend stay as visitor and OWP app

Hi, would like to find out if applications for extension of visitor visa and for OWP are to be submitted together with the main application?

I was trying to apply to extend my stay online as a visitor and it ask for a date till which I would like to stay on. As such, I am a little confuse with this. Given that sponsorship evaluation takes 6 months for inland application, my visitor visa of 6 months would be expired by then.

Thanks a lot!!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012

Tuesdayc said:
Hi, would like to find out if applications for extension of visitor visa and for OWP are to be submitted together with the main application?

I was trying to apply to extend my stay online as a visitor and it ask for a date till which I would like to stay on. As such, I am a little confuse with this. Given that sponsorship evaluation takes 6 months for inland application, my visitor visa of 6 months would be expired by then.

Thanks a lot!!
When an OWP demand is sent in the same enveloppe as the PR demand (with mention to process only when AIP is granted) before the visitor status expire, that will usually extend the stay as what is called "Implied status" and you don't need to pay for an additional visitor extension. I had paid for PR, OWP and visitor extension when we sent our file, but when my wife got AIP and her OWP they refunded me the extension of visitor fee as the OWP was enough and I had paid too much. If you don't want to take any chances, pay also for visitor extension and if it was not required they will refund you anyway. It is important to keep legal status at all time during the process and people sometime wrongly assume just having a PR file sitting on a desk at CIC is enough...it is not: both PR and OWP demand form together in the same enveloppe is necessary for "implied status" in most case.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012

vinlander said:
It is important to keep legal status at all time during the process and people sometime wrongly assume just having a PR file sitting on a desk at CIC is enough...it is not: both PR and OWP demand form together in the same envelope is necessary for "implied status" in most case.
Implied status is based upon IRPR Section 183(5):

(5) If a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until
(a) the day on which a decision is made, if the application is refused; or
(b) the end of the new period authorized for their stay, if the application is allowed.
(emphasis added)

So the reason that a PR application isn't sufficient is because it is not an application to extend the period authorized for their stay, it's a separate application.

By sending an open work permit application and/or visitor extension application with the PR application, one is covered by this temporary status until a decision has been made.

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
xxpazaway said:
I got my OWP today by mail, Applied August 27, 2012 online. I recieved my AIP back August 22, I thought Im gonna have my 2nd stage before they send my OWP but i was wrong. I dont know what else they have to do in my case, I sent all required documents except the In canada Police Certificate. Anyway I guess I just need to wait...... Have a nce day
This is the first person I've read that applied OWP seperate from PR online :) I had been told you can't do OWP online. This of course after I'd applied online, I was paranoid I'd done something wrong.

I'm delighted to see you did it online successfully.

Was it a full 2 months to process?

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
kennystewart80 said:
This is the first person I've read that applied OWP seperate from PR online :) I had been told you can't do OWP online. This of course after I'd applied online, I was paranoid I'd done something wrong.

I also applied online don't worry.
The reason why people apply at the same time as PR is because they will then received their OWP faster (just after AIP).
Right now the CIC website says 63 days.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
frenchie57 said:
I also applied online don't worry.
The reason why people apply at the same time as PR is because they will then received their OWP faster (just after AIP).Right now the CIC website says 63 days.
And also because without first having AIP any OWP demand would usually be rejected, so it is why it is best when sent in the same enveloppe with a (please process when AIP is granted) and getting this way implied status and not having to stress with stay extensions...

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
frenchie57 said:
Hi !

Congrats on your OWP !
Where do you live ?
Canada police certificate is not required, only police clearance from your home country.
I guess you just have to wait, even if it's frustrating
Thank you! I live in Ancaster Ontario! I guess we have to wait!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
kennystewart80 said:

You can do it online successfully as long as you have AIP, i recieved my AIP letter on August 27, it was dated August 22, it says there i am eligible to apply for open work permit so the same day i recieved and i applied online, recieved it November 1, 2012 buy mail but issued on October 25, 2012 valid until October 24, 2013. I have valid work permit from old employer and will expired April 2014 but I need OWP so i could work in my hubby's business so I applied otherwise i will stick to my old work permit.
I have no idea what you can do now is make a letter include the application or reference number you have when you applied OWP online tell them to process it when they process your PR application. Its just my idea, anyone could please help kennystewart80 what to do.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
you should send it together:

"Maintaining a Legal Status During the Process of the Permanent Residence Application

When you are in Canada, you must always keep a legal status until you become a permanent resident. If you do not, you could be removed from Canada. If an immigration document was issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (Work Permit, Study Permit or a stamp in your passport), this document states for how long you can stay in Canada. Having a legal status means that your document or authorization to stay in Canada is still valid.

You have two options available in order to maintain a legal status in Canada until you become a permanent resident:

Depending under which immigration program you apply, you could apply for an extension of your status as a visitor, student or worker, while applying for your permanent resident status. If you choose this option, complete both an application to extend your status and an application for permanent residence and mail them before your current status expires. Be sure to include both applications and all the necessary supporting documents and payment for each application in the same envelope.
If you stay in Canada during the processing of your application, you will only have to extend your status once because this option will allow you to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time your application for permanent residence is *approved in principle. If your status expires before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will still have a legal status in Canada. This is known as implied status."

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
Hello its been a long time since I dropped by on this forum.......hope everyone is going through the process successfully. I decided to print out the applications and fill them out by hand then fill them out online and print just to make sure no errors.... ..currently printing out the applications and I just realized how much paper work it is :eek: the application alone is a package by itself lol. Anyways do take care every one, have a great weekend and goodluck to all!!! ;D

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hey everyone,

I have few good news to share with everyone after a long time.

1) I received the Aip today , now I am waiting for owp and/or final decision.

2) my case went to second stage and it says in progress and they have already asked for police clearance which I sent.

3) the biggest happiness of my life Is coming soon, we are expecting twins babies anytime next week.

What else I can wish for, I am so happy.

Hopefully good days will come soon for everyone.

Naz

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
nazam80 said:
Hey everyone,

I have few good news to share with everyone after a long time.

1) I received the Aip today , now I am waiting for owp and/or final decision.

2) my case went to second stage and it says in progress and they have already asked for police clearance which I sent.

3) the biggest happiness of my life Is coming soon, we are expecting twins babies anytime next week.

What else I can wish for, I am so happy.

Hopefully good days will come soon for everyone.

Naz
Congratulations to your AIP, OWP and especially to your twins....Mashallah Im so happy for you. Good Luck and God Speed!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
xxpazaway said:
Congratulations to your AIP, OWP and especially to your twins....Mashallah Im so happy for you. Good Luck and God Speed!
Thanks I m waiting for owp lol

Naz

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
avigtr said:
I am Aug 4TH and only got AIP and OWP on June 21st.
Nothing since...
Seems like something is wired there...can't pinpoint...lots of people from June July and august didn't get second stage approved(simple cases) and still people that applied on April 2012 are already landing...
I stopped caring any more ::)
I don't know what's happening. It's very frustrating indeed. Maybe it's because of the new rules, but again, if that was the reason, people from 2012 wouldn't be getting their DMs faster than us.
I got my AIP/OWP in June and still nothing. All I hear when I call them is "If you don't get anything by the end of January 2013 (18 months of the application), call us."