File Transfer...
3nd March 2012
Interview........
2nd May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jun 2012
LANDED..........
21st Jun 2012
I just got a letter for interview, so what should i and my sponsor prepare for? Can anyone share some interview experiences?

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
vinlander said:
Hello

We had a very unexpected letter from CIC today telling me we should continue with MICC in Quebec and we need to fill for the CSQ.
Already ? I am a bit confused, was not aware CIC would be sending that letter so early in the process, not that we complain however.
It's for your first stage. Quebec will look if your sponsor is qualified to be your sponsor and then send their decision to CIC and another copy to you. You just have to fill the application they ask you on the letter and pay the fee to Quebec, send everything to Quebec and probably, within a month, you will have the decision from Quebec. If they approved, it means that you already finish your first stage.

From the letter you already received from CIC, you shall be able to find sponsor's client number (on the right top in the first page) which you could use it to go online to check your e-cas status.

Good luck!!

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
perk said:
Maybe but a conditional PR isn't a problem. They are the same as a PR just that they maybe revoked if you are not together. Finger prints are not a problem in Canada this is very easy to do just go down to the police station and they do it there. If you coach soccer or hockey you have to have it done. So no big problems..... I would like to see them get moving. The list is nice but we really don't know
how many people are just watching this forum and haven't given their time line. So there could be a few or dozens before us. Oh well like the weather not much we can do!
So did u done your finger print and send it together with you application? Why if a coach need to have it done?

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
BestPlace said:
So did u done your finger print and send it together with you application? Why if a coach need to have it done?
No they haven't asked for finger prints we just sent police report from my wife's country I hope that is all that we need to do.
I think that most jobs that children are involved will require a security check here in Canada. I think it is a good idea to keep the
kids safe. (or at least try to keep them safe).

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
Hey everyone.. so today we had our landing interview! It was a lot easier than I thought. It was just a room with many people waiting to be called up to various counters where the CIC people were.. they called out our name we went up to the counter and she asked my husband a few questions.. he signed the paper and she said congratulations. That's it! She didnt even ask me anything. We then waited to get called up for the SIN card upgrade and that was it. I thought they would call us into a different room, but it wasnt like that. All the questions were done in the same room and people could over hear the conversation.

So in total this whole process was just one week shy of 11 months.. Can someone update the chart?: AIP and DM on April 12.. and landed April 24th.. now waiting for PR card.

Everyone else.. good luck.. and hang in there. It's worth the wait!

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
congrats Dee_Dee123!!! im in 5 mos of waiting, 5-6 mos more to go lol, congrats again!!!
:D

Dee_Dee123 said:
Hey everyone.. so today we had our landing interview! It was a lot easier than I thought. It was just a room with many people waiting to be called up to various counters where the CIC people were.. they called out our name we went up to the counter and she asked my husband a few questions.. he signed the paper and she said congratulations. That's it! She didnt even ask me anything. We then waited to get called up for the SIN card upgrade and that was it. I thought they would call us into a different room, but it wasnt like that. All the questions were done in the same room and people could over hear the conversation.

So in total this whole process was just one week shy of 11 months.. Can someone update the chart?: AIP and DM on April 12.. and landed April 24th.. now waiting for PR card.

Everyone else.. good luck.. and hang in there. It's worth the wait!

Kidney Bean

Apr 24, 2012
Hi all,
I'm new to this site. Here is the info I have for now, if you could add it to the chart that would be much appreciated.
File sent on 18 July, 2011
Processed on 3 Aug, 2011

ericc

Sep 21, 2011
Hi all, I have good news to share with you:
Today I got my open work permit and a letter from CIC dated April 19, 2012; saying that I have been approved for being sponsored by my wife and asking addition documents such as medical and police certificate for background check.

My E-case says:

We received ERIC .......'s application for permanent residence on June 13, 2011.

We started processing ERIC ........'s application on June 23, 2011.

A decision has been made and ERIC ....... will be contacted.

My wife's E-case(sponsor) says:

We received your application to sponsor ......... on June 13, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 19, 2012.

We sent you a letter on April 19, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

I am so so so so so so happy for the good news.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
ericc said:
Today I got my open work permit and a letter from CIC dated April 19, 2012; saying that I have been approved for being sponsored by my wife and asking addition documents such as medical and police certificate for background check.

My E-case says:

We received ERIC .......'s application for permanent residence on June 13, 2011.

We sent you a letter on April 19, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

Congrats !!

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
ericc said:

My E-case says:

Congratulations!!! is yours a simple application? No dependents, visa free country etc?

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irishred said:
That's what I thought too.
Called CIC this morning................the usual , " We are working on applications received April 30th , call back in 4 weeks "
:( :(

Irishred and perk...i guess you're next...good luck...so close...goodluck :)

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
johanna125 said:
Irishred and perk...i guess you're next...good luck...so close...goodluck :)
No we still have a long way to go! But Irishred is about to land on this side of the pond any minute now. Thanks for the chart update.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
OMG...So waiting on "DM" letters that supposedly have been sent since MARCH 19th. Anyone ever waited THIS long for a letter sent within Canada? I'm hoping that this delay means that we will receive EVERYTHING at once (DM letters AND landing date).

CONGRATS to those who have been getting good news!