Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Berber_amazigh said:
Hey Inlanders,

Cic just updated my wife's and my e-cas to Decision Made!
do you think it is my second stage approval?
Thanks!
HELLO!!! Yes... congratulations!!!

z.yahya

Mar 29, 2012
lisow said:
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone can advise on this, but if you could, it would be much appreciated!

So my wife (applicant) and I (sponsor) applied for her PR back in Sept. 2011, with her home country's passport that expires at the end of October 2012. When we initially applied, the processing times were less than they are now, and we really didn't think about her passport expiring before we got her PR.

Now that the time-frame is a little longer, we're debating about what to do about renewing the passport. Officials from her embassy are coming to Calgary (where we live) in April for passport renewals, but otherwise, we'll have to fly to Toronto to the have the renewal done at a later date.

I'm not sure if it's possible to have a passport renewed while the PR application is on-going, and if this is the way to go? Or should we wait out the PR process, which could potentially take us fairly close the expiry date on the passport.. (or even past it)

Thanks for any help!
Hi,
I had this same issue about a couple months ago. I also live in Calgary. I renewed my passport for sure, and set them a copy of it ASAP. I filed in August 2011, and my passport was expiring January. So do renew your passport and send them a copy ASAP.

z.yahya

Mar 29, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here. Have been reading the forums for sometime now, but just made an account. This site is really useful.

My application is filed on August 2011. :)

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
z.yahya said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here. Have been reading the forums for sometime now, but just made an account. This site is really useful.

My application is filed on August 2011. :)
Welcome to the forum Yahya

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Canada1984 said:
My application was transferred to London Ontario on march 3rd. Does anyone know how long I will be waiting for a letter stating when we will have our marriage assessment interview?

Thanks for any help
Not sure. Ours was transferred to Kitchener office and it took roughly 8 weeks to have interview.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Berber_amazigh said:
Hey Inlanders,

Cic just updated my wife's and my e-cas to Decision Made!
do you think it is my second stage approval?
Thanks!
It sure is! Congrats! Did the second part got update yet? Just the first page that says decision made is updated for us.

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Has anyone towards the end of May submission received AIP or OWP? My husband and I submitted May - received May 31st and am just wondering how much longer....getting impatiant now :(

This has been sooo tough - especially because we can not leave the country for a vacation (so needed right now) untill this is resolved...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
curious_one said:
Has anyone towards the end of May submission received AIP or OWP? My husband and I submitted May - received May 31st and am just wondering how much longer....getting impatiant now :(

This has been sooo tough - especially because we can not leave the country for a vacation (so needed right now) untill this is resolved...
I believe, CIC updates ECAS on Saturdays... if you dont get any news (mail) by tomorrow, then see Monday... otherwise call them but ask something that will force them to open your file... such have CIC received my Medicals? or I applied for OWP... do you see that in my file? otherwise they will tell you exactly what is in their site April 30th!. good lluck

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
Today my ecas changed to "Decision Made"! There's nothing else new, but I'm pretty sure that means PR :D

I HOPE SO

Also, to everyone on this forum: you've been such a tremendous help. I'm so, so glad this resource exists. ;)

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! what a coincidence we have pretty much the same timeline!
and my ecas was updated today also to DM!
did you get any letter? i call today and they confirmed my second stage approval!
yaaay!!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Limbo said:
It sure is! Congrats! Did the second part got update yet? Just the first page that says decision made is updated for us.
Thanks NOT IN LIMBO ;)
Yes just the first page that says DM in my ecas !

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
canadiancitizen said:
I believe, CIC updates ECAS on Saturdays... if you dont get any news (mail) by tomorrow, then see Monday... otherwise call them but ask something that will force them to open your file... such have CIC received my Medicals? or I applied for OWP... do you see that in my file? otherwise they will tell you exactly what is in their site April 30th!. good lluck
Thanks for the quick reply!

I thought they update Wednesdays? I have been following that site religously and think its Wednesdays but they havent updated it properly last week and this week so I have no way of knowing truelly what date they are at.

I tried calling them yesterday but they just say application is in process. I will try again on Monday....ugh....fingers crossed!