+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
Anyways, I will send the new letter of hire, just to calm my mind. I won't use expresspost, just regular mail. In case, they do not need it they will throw it away. You never know with CIC. I just don't want to get another request of information and that way prolong this long enough process.
I think that's for the best! Since they told you personally to do so. I guess me and the others will find out soon enough if we needed to too? I'll post here if I find out that's the case.

newCanuck

Jun 24, 2011
Richmond, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I landed in Vancouver on Jan 30, 2012, 1 year after application! :) Can you pls update my status on the chart. Also.... How long does it usually take for the PR Card to be sent? I'd like to change my SIN to an official, not a temp z-number , but was told at the landing that I'd need the actual PR Card, not the confirmation letter.

How about applying for MSP? must I also wait for the PR Card and new SIN to be put onto my sponsor's coverage? thanks

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
newCanuck said:
Hi I landed in Vancouver on Jan 30, 2012, 1 year after application! :) Can you pls update my status on the chart. Also.... How long does it usually take for the PR Card to be sent? I'd like to change my SIN to an official, not a temp z-number , but was told at the landing that I'd need the actual PR Card, not the confirmation letter.

How about applying for MSP? must I also wait for the PR Card and new SIN to be put onto my sponsor's coverage? thanks

My husband landed yesterday in Etobicoke... After the "landing interview" and getting the confirmation letter of the permanent resident status, in the same office, we got the SIN... well, the card will arrive in 2 weeks, but we filled the form and got the number right away (permanent one).

That "letter" is good for everything (almost... not good for travel), we were told to advise OHIP of the change of status... and until we get the card, that paer is the document to be used as proof of resident status.

I know some stuff is "Provincial" (medical care, par exmple) But that document is federal, I can't believe that is good enough for the SIN in Ontario, but not in BC... Call the SIN office or go there...

To receive the PR we were told, 4 to 6 weeks... some people here on the forum got it in a month.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Hello,

Here are some updates on our case:

4 weeks ago we received a letter (email for me and actual letter for my wife) from CIC stating both our sponsorship applications and PR for my wife were received on dec 2nd 2011.
Finally client ID numbers...and access to ecas for both of us.

I also did an address change online 2 weeks ago and the information is updated for both of us.
We also received a letter to update her background and employment status for the last couple months which we did last week.

As she has not done the medical yet and we want to save time, we would like to know if anyone got experience with any medical clinic in Montreal ?
I got the list of designated doctors spread in 3 or 4 clinics in Montreal but we would like to know which one is recommended because some reviews are not so nice on them and last thing we need is problem with medical files.
thank you.

BobDo

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19-03-2012
Gemauru said:
My husband landed yesterday in Etobicoke... After the "landing interview" and getting the confirmation letter of the permanent resident status, in the same office, we got the SIN... well, the card will arrive in 2 weeks, but we filled the form and got the number right away (permanent one).

That "letter" is good for everything (almost... not good for travel), we were told to advise OHIP of the change of status... and until we get the card, that paer is the document to be used as proof of resident status.

I know some stuff is "Provincial" (medical care, par exmple) But that document is federal, I can't believe that is good enough for the SIN in Ontario, but not in BC... Call the SIN office or go there...

To receive the PR we were told, 4 to 6 weeks... some people here on the forum got it in a month.
Awesome news Gemauru...

The Landing Interview was it an actual interview or just the signing of paperwork ?
What paper work did you bring along with you ?
How long did the landing interview take ?

Again congrats to both you and Husband :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
vinlander said:
Hello,

Here are some updates on our case:
I also did an address change online 2 weeks ago and the information is updated for both of us.
We also received a letter to update her background and employment status for the last couple months which we did last week.

As she has not done the medical yet and we want to save time, we would like to know if anyone got experience with any medical clinic in Montreal ?
Hi, we did medical exams with Dr F. Donoso, Mont-Royal & Saint-Laurent... he charged us 253$.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Inland Chart Update:

http://goo.gl/3LXo4

Some people has not yet reported any update so i am leaving it blank.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
BobDo said:
Awesome news Gemauru...

The Landing Interview was it an actual interview or just the signing of paperwork ?
What paper work did you bring along with you ?
How long did the landing interview take ?

Again congrats to both you and Husband :)
Thank youuuuu!!!!

Is not really an "interview".... they just confirm the info they have in the final document (you keep a copy of that one),
including the sponsored personal info, if he has any "dependents", they ask again if he has any criminal records or if he was ever deported from Canada.

They give you general info with a couple of papers about the social and the OHIP, the time you have to live here to keep your status as resident...Sign... congratulations and wait that somebody will call you to complete you SIN request.

1 hour since we came in until we left the office. It took longer the process for the SIN that the one for the landing (and the waiting time... appointment was at 08:00 but we were called at 08:30)

Documents: they only asked for passports (both, my husband and mine) I also gave them my citizenship card as I don't have a Canadian passport..
The 2 pictures: they kept one for the PR card... and the second one was "attached and stamped" on that copy they gave us stating "this is the confirmation of your permanent resident status"

I guess that's it... 8)

rucy

Mar 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st april 2011
Doc's Request.
27 June 2011
File Transfer...
3nd March 2012
Interview........
2nd May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jun 2012
LANDED..........
21st Jun 2012
Hi everyone

While i'm waiting for spouse family sponsoring, can i apply for study permit. As now i'm holing visitor visa, but it's gonna expired soon, so i have to apply for another visitor visa to stay here, but now i'm thinking can i apply for study permit instead?

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
rucy said:
Hi everyone

While i'm waiting for spouse family sponsoring, can i apply for study permit. As now i'm holing visitor visa, but it's gonna expired soon, so i have to apply for another visitor visa to stay here, but now i'm thinking can i apply for study permit instead?
Hi there,

You can apply for an extension for your stay here. I know you can apply for the Open work permit, but not too sure about the student visa. However you can do courses in a college or a uni which is not a part of a program or if its under 6 months. Hope this is helpful.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
rucy said:
Hi everyone

This is a copy paste of the e mail I got from Immigration.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

Generally, if you want to study in Canada, you need a Study Permit.

As an exception, you can study in Canada without a study permit if:

· the length of your course or program of study is six months or less; and

· the course or program of study will be completed within the period for your stay authorized upon entry into Canada.

These short-term courses include self-improvement or general interest courses, such as painting or language courses. You are also allowed to take courses offered at colleges and universities, as long as the courses are not taken as part of a program.

Please note that you must apply for a study permit if the main reason for your visit or for your request to extend your stay in Canada is to study.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SL1980 said:
This is a copy paste of the e mail I got from Immigration.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

Generally, if you want to study in Canada, you need a Study Permit.

As an exception, you can study in Canada without a study permit if:

· the length of your course or program of study is six months or less; and

· the course or program of study will be completed within the period for your stay authorized upon entry into Canada.

These short-term courses include self-improvement or general interest courses, such as painting or language courses. You are also allowed to take courses offered at colleges and universities, as long as the courses are not taken as part of a program.

Please note that you must apply for a study permit if the main reason for your visit or for your request to extend your stay in Canada is to study.
Thanks for sharing as i did not know that before!

rucy

Mar 17, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st april 2011
Doc's Request.
27 June 2011
File Transfer...
3nd March 2012
Interview........
2nd May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jun 2012
LANDED..........
21st Jun 2012
How you contacted the immigration? by email? how?

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
rucy said:
How you contacted the immigration? by email? how?
No I just called them and they sent me an e mail with the details.

1-888-242‑2100