Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Gemauru said:
With the letter to the applicant that states "you are eligible for permanent resident...." proof of address and passport, you go to service Ontario to get the OHIP... It has to be "the full service one" (we did it yesterday)

We didn't apply for OWP right away with the hope that PR will follow soon (it was sooner than expected)

Same for SIN, if you do it with the letter you get a "9" SIN, you will have to exchange when you get PR... We will go and do it with PR to get the definitive one at once!
Hmm so once my wife gets the second stage letter we an go get her a SIN number that will start with a 9 then once she gets her PR we can just go exchange it. She has a job offer so if she can start working sooner rather then later that would be awesome. Do I understand your post correctly ? :D

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Canadagirl85 said:
Hmm so once my wife gets the second stage letter we an go get her a SIN number that will start with a 9 then once she gets her PR we can just go exchange it. She has a job offer so if she can start working sooner rather then later that would be awesome. Do I understand your post correctly ? :D
With AIP, you can go and get the SIN with a 9... good enough to work... with PR she exchange it.

AIP gives you: OHIP / OWP / SIN... ready to go and start an almost normal life!!!!!

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
angtao said:
I think I have good news again. I think we got the 2nd stage the same day. YAY!!!!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on March 31, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 19, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on March 4, 2012 to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We have not received any of the mail yet as I think it went out Monday morning because there is no mail on Sundays. I can't believe they are working weekends. It's about time. There probably paying them time and a half for working overtime. hey, I would do it too if I worked there.

It looks like they already dove into April. Good luck guys.

It feels surreal to me that this process is almost over. I cannot wait to book our vacation. I cannot wait to do a lot of things. After such a long wait we need a vacation.

I believe now we just wait for the landing letter. I think our office will be Scarborough. Is anyone else waiting for the Scarborough letter?
Congratulations Angtao!!!! I'm so happy you got both stages at the same time! Enjoy it!

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Hello guys! Long time i dont post here! Congratulations for who got good news!! I Decided take a break of the forum and keep my mind busy with other things, I was so frustrated after i had my process transferred to Vancouver on december 09, (I received a letter saying this). Since that no news until last week! i've been keeping calling them and asking why my process is in Vanvouver (I live in Etobicoke), and they said: i's there to clear the backlogs! nothing is wrong! but like a said, last week i noticed on my Ecas they updated my information! before was there: the process was tranfered to LOCAL CIC, and now means process was tranfered to ETOBICOKE!?!? so i called CIC and asked Finally whats going on with my application, and they said last week my file was transfered to Etobicoke! and i asked if my process was at Vancouver by mistake? and they said: Not for mistake, theres a reason for that happens! This and that, so now my process is here (Etobicoke) and i'm more confused and frustrated. I ordered my foss in January and still waiting! The worse thing is nothing we can do, just wait, only God knows until when! :(

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
In Limbo said:
My husband is going through the same thing and we do not have to apply for any deferrals. We were told that from this point on since we are so far along in the process...the PRRA and the sponsporship application will be processed within similar time frames to allow for a decision on the sponsorship application. We are neck to neck with both applications. The worry would have come about had the PRRA decison been made way before any major progress had been made on the sponsorship application. At that point, we would have been given a removal date and at that point would have to try and defer like Canada1984.
This is not the case for everybody. They are not required to give both decisions at the same time. It is at the officers discretion. Our application was filed on April 8th and a decision just around the corner on the spousal sponsorship and we had to fight for her to stay to see a decision on the Spousal Sponsorship. Niagara Falls is where my wife was given the PRRA application and at that moment she told us that my wife would not be able to stay even though her application was received far before the PRRA date. My wife's father had his case in Toronto and since her case was attached to his we were called in to Toronto. We were lucky that we were able to ask for a deferral to the Toronto office instead of Niagara from what I hear. It is very unfair but Niagara Falls is known to be very strict against Refugee Claimants.

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
I was not very clear on the last post. When I say that her case was tied to her fathers, I was speaking of her Refugee Case. For this reason, the removal officer in charge of my wife was in Toronto rather than Niagara where the PRRA was given to her.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Canada1984 said:
This is not the case for everybody. They are not required to give both decisions at the same time. It is at the officers discretion. Our application was filed on April 8th and a decision just around the corner on the spousal sponsorship and we had to fight for her to stay to see a decision on the Spousal Sponsorship. Niagara Falls is where my wife was given the PRRA application and at that moment she told us that my wife would not be able to stay even though her application was received far before the PRRA date. My wife's father had his case in Toronto and since her case was attached to his we were called in to Toronto. We were lucky that we were able to ask for a deferral to the Toronto office instead of Niagara from what I hear. It is very unfair but Niagara Falls is known to be very strict against Refugee Claimants.
Ok..guess it depends on where u filed ur case.

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
In Limbo said:
Ok..guess it depends on where u filed ur case.
It is the officers discretion. For some reason the officer must have believed our marriage was of convenience. Her attitude was poor from the moment we went in. Right when we got to the window she told us that she's not staying without us even mentioning the sponsorship, she already knew and was quick to tell us it wasn't going to work. Must have been having a bad day.

BobDo

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19-03-2012
angtao said:
Thanks Gemauru. I remember the beginning how hard the wait was.

I hope we get the landing letter soon but I heard Scarborough is at least a 1 month wait to get the letter.
We will see.

Have you guys gone to service ontario yet for the sin or ohip?
Congrats Angtao :)

For SIN you go to Service Canada
For OHIP you go to Service Ontario

Glad everyone is finally getting good news.

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
To those of you who applied for OHIP already- do you still have the 3 month waiting period even though your were living in Ontario already, or did you get your temporary "card" right away?

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Canada1984 said:
It is the officers discretion. For some reason the officer must have believed our marriage was of convenience. Her attitude was poor from the moment we went in. Right when we got to the window she told us that she's not staying without us even mentioning the sponsorship, she already knew and was quick to tell us it wasn't going to work. Must have been having a bad day.
Oh wow..well important thing is that it all worked out for you. Now you and wife just have to wait on AIP!

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gemauru said:
With AIP, you can go and get the SIN with a 9... good enough to work... with PR she exchange it.
To be clear, I'm assuming you still need the OWP to work legally until you have PR. Otherwise no one would need to aply for OWP.

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
today is wednesday again 8)
i m looking forward the BIG BIG JUMP on the cic website

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Berber, do you need to send in an fbi clearance? Have you lived in the USA for longer then 6 months after the age of 18 yrs old?

We included fingerprints in my husbands application even though some people did not submit them. We also got a polcie clearance from Ottawa.

Greyghost, congrats to you and happy b-day to your wife.

Karma, I agree with Gemauru. Make sure they ask you all these security questions and then have them look at your file. Forget what the agent said to call at the end of March. That is bull*censored word*.

el venezolano, I personally would not travel until you have the PR card in your hand. It is not worth the risk of starting this process all over again of you are not allowed back in to Canada.

missha, I hope you are feeling better. Can't wait to see the chart all filled out:)
No never lived in the state but do you think i will not need finger prints because i did not find in the cic list for the application please tell me if i have to send them or not!?
Thanks a lot