Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
hali said:
Hey everyone have been reading the forum for a very long time now but never comment. anyway congrats to everyone who got approved. i sent in my application in march 2011..i log into my e-cas yesterday and it says DM few hours later i got a mail for my landing interview for next week. have not recieved AIP or OWP but am not complain since i got the landing date. good to know that the calgary office is moving faster than vegreville
wow congrats! That is so awesome!! You should share your time line so we can add you to the chart :D

L

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello!!

Please I wonder if some of the people who got AIP yesterday have seen an update in their e-cas other than decision made.

Sorry guys, but I'm getting nervous :), my application was received Mars 30 and I think I'm next.. I called yesterday but the agent didn't give me any detail about where my process is...
I hope the hear good news soon.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
karma123 said:
Hello!!

Please I wonder if some of the people who got AIP yesterday have seen an update in their e-cas other than decision made.

Sorry guys, but I'm getting anxious, my application was received Mars 30 and I think I'm next.. I called yesterday but the agent didn't give me any detail about where my process is...

Je commence à stresser..... :S

Decision made is all the update I got in my e-cas.... Same date as yours

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Gemauru said:
Decision made is all the update I got in my e-cas.... Same date as yours
Hello Gemauru thanks!!

But there is not update in my e-Cas... at least not yet... Maybe in some days, maybe next week. I hope!! I called today and the agent told me the first stage takes 11 to 12 months, so I have to wait :D

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Frustration! So called CIC just now and the online status is apparently incorrect. File is still in Kitchener and has not been transferred back to Vegreville. I was told to ignore the online status. So from now on I wont even bother to check online..too upsetting.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Just sharing some experiences in talking to visa call center agents lately:

ME: I would like to get my Client Number because I am planning to send an additional document to CPC. I sent my PR application in December 2011.

AGENT 1: Sorry, processing is 11-12 months, therefore, your application has not been opened yet as of today (Feb 15, 2012).

Two hours later, I called again:
AGENT 2: We are currently opening envelopes received on Nov 2011. There is a 3-month delay in opening envelopes. So you may send your additional document now so that by the time they open your envelope in March 2012, you'll be able to catch up.

ME: I thought the website says you are only opening March 2011 applications as of now?
AGENT 2: Yes, we are opening envelopes received on Nov 2011, but we are processing March 2011 applications.
ME: I see

Now, this makes me think that after envelopes are opened, they sit for 6 months or more before they start the acual processing. OMG!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Another good jump today
working on march 22nd
;D ;D ;D

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
johanna125 said:
Hi. Just sharing some experiences in talking to visa call center agents lately:

ME: I would like to get my Client Number because I am planning to send an additional document to CPC. I sent my PR application in December 2011.

AGENT 1: Sorry, processing is 11-12 months, therefore, your application has not been opened yet as of today (Feb 15, 2012).

Two hours later, I called again:
AGENT 2: We are currently opening envelopes received on Nov 2011. There is a 3-month delay in opening envelopes. So you may send your additional document now so that by the time they open your envelope in March 2012, you'll be able to catch up.

ME: I thought the website says you are only opening March 2011 applications as of now?
AGENT 2: Yes, we are opening envelopes received on Nov 2011, but we are processing March 2011 applications.
ME: I see

Now, this makes me think that after envelopes are opened, they sit for 6 months or more before they start the acual processing. OMG!
hi johanna125,

i also sent my PR app in Dec 2011. i tried to use the UCI no to login my ecas, however, it keeps on saying

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
•Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times"
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
irishred said:
Another good jump today
working on march 22nd
;D ;D ;D
YES!!!!!
they updated the website earlier than usual this time :D

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
also, 14 days jump is not bad at all. 8)

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
andkiss said:
also, 14 days jump is not bad at all. 8)
No, not bad at all. We are all getting that little bit closer.............

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akinmike said:
Thanks a lot for your contribution. Actually, we did submitted for extenssion of Visitor visa , OWP with immigration application at the same time inclusion of our 2 kids. But to my suprise they claimed that Visitor visa application was missing. When I called them again they directed me to submit another copy ASAP last November to their Team Leader at Vegreville in AB. With Canada post reciept as a prove that we did sent the application initially and a copy that I kept in my file. We recieved only one TVR for my wife yesterday when we're expecting AIP. What about the two kinds? CIC are really confused !!!. I will call them today and ask to speak to thier supervisor and iron out the issue.It seems our application was just sitting on someone desk without any attention. This is ridiculous!!. It's almost a year now.

If you have a simmilar experience please share !!!

Thanks, Akinmike
Hi All,

I did called CIC this morning, I was very lucky to speak to a nice agent. Everything was ironed out very well. All the documents were on file. Although, my case is quite different from all of you. I moved to US about 8 years ago to work as a Canadian. My family migrated to the States from Africa under US visa . Now ,we all moved back to Canada. I applied for extension of TRV, OWP and PR at the same time almost a year. We have just received the extension of their TRV . The agent told me that AIP OWP and PR is in Process and few days I should receive approval for AIP or probably PR. I am happy now.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akinmike said:
Hi All,

I did called CIC this morning, I was very lucky to speak to a nice agent. Everything was ironed out very well. All the documents were on file. Although, my case is quite different from all of you. I moved to US about 8 years ago to work as a Canadian. My family migrated to the States from Africa under US visa . Now ,we all moved back to Canada. I applied for extension of TRV, OWP and PR at the same time almost a year. We have just received the extension of their TRV . The agent told me that AIP OWP and PR is in Process and few days I should receive approval for AIP or probably PR. I am happy now.
Good Luck and hope you will hear good news very soon!

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
OMG I hadnt had the chance to see the updates, and march is almost done. how strange we are so few applicants in april . Im getting nervous. does everyone feel the same way?

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tzing said:
just an update of the letters from CIC. I finally received the letters they said they sent us on feb 12, which i never got, and on ECAS, my status was updated to decision made on feb 20, but the call centre agent said they didn't have any info about that. Then today, i finally got 2 letters from CIC. one for me and one for my husband. mine says that my application was completed and i will be contacted by the CIC office in my city and need to pay $490 landing fee when i get the confirmation of PR.

so if you did not get the first letter of AIP that they said they sent you, you might be in the same situation of me. I think CIC is working so fast that they confused themselves. but at least they are moving!
Hello tzing, just a question, what is your local cic office? do you know when are they going to contact you for your PR? I have in the same situation. I posted a question here but nobody's giving me an answer. :(