+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
missha,

Can you please add me to your spreadsheet?

Application sent april 5, 2011
received april 8, 2011
started processing april 28, 2011

I will keep you posted

thanks

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
sheikfa said:
Guys, congrats to everybody getting their decisions!! Hope this indicates a faster application process.

I have a quick question.

My wife is an international student - her study permit is valid till Aug 30, 2012. After that, she is eligible for a 1-year post graduate work permit. So in total, she has 18 months of valid status in Canada.

1 - I plan to submit my wife's in-land application this week. Just wondering whether I should include an OWP application as well?

2 - Also, whats the difference between applying for the OWP now as opposed to when we gets our AIP?

3 - Additionally, given the off-chance that her application takes more than 18 months; how can we make sure she maintains a valid status in Canada? Does the OWP application give her implied status?

Thanks a bunch.
Hi, to answer your question:
1. Personally I think you should include an OWP application with your in-land application, so if you get AIP, they will send you the OWP with the letter and you can start working right away.

2. Even if you get AIP, it doesn't mean you can work legally, so if you get a job, the employer still need to see your OWP to hire you. so AIP and OWP are 2 separate things. you don't have to apply for OWP if you don't plan to work after AIP, but if you do, you need OWP.

3. If the application takes longer than 18 months for your case, then you just need to change her status on CIC website, from student to visitor, just explain the reason and when you think you will find out if you get approved or not. usually they will grant you the time you ask for. my student status expired july 2011, and i extend my status as a visitor till Dec 2012, i told them i need that much time to see if my application gets approved or not.

hope this helps.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Help...this is very unusual. Maybe someone heard of someone who had their file transferred and THEN get transferred back to Alberta for completion?
Here s what my online status says:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 16, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 8, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

We transferred your application to the Kitchener CIC office on January 17, 2012. The Kitchener CIC office may contact you.

We returned your application to the Case Processing Centre on February 18, 2012. The Case Processing Centre will continue to process your application within the normal service standards.

I`m confused. Does this mean the interview has been waved?

The medical results part was not there when file was initially transferred to local office.

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hakri said:
This is in e-cast if my husband (sponsor) check in:

"We received your application to sponsor XY on February 24, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 12, 2012.

We sent you a letter on February 12, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

This, if I (sponsored)check in:

We received XY's application for permanent residence on February 24, 2011.

We started processing XY's application on March 25, 2011.

A decision has been made and XY will be contacted.

What does it mean?
First stage is nothing more, than sponsorship approval (My husband could be a sponsor, I am eligible to being sponsored) They started to process on Feb. 12, 2012 !!!!!!! and sent the letter on the same day..... What did they do in the last one year?! (I do not know)

So those, who check the e-cas, as sponsors (and approved) will read the first type of text.
Pls let me know is there anybody who checked e-cas as sponsored and have more than "A decision has been made and XY will be contacted."
(A decision has been made about sponsorship, not about permanent residency)

Asking the information about your files WILL NOT slow down the process. You have to send the letter to Ottawa....
That`s the way to know what is going on.(the only way, calling them is wasting their and your time.)
Hi all,

This post is simmilar to what my ECAS Reads on Feb, 21, 2012

Sponsor:
We received your application to sponsor XXXX on March 9, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 21, 2012.

My Wife:
We received your application for permanent residence on March 9, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 6, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 21, 2012.

This is my thinking:
1. we got AIP
2. they're working on permanent resident application
3. Both AIP and PR will be approved at the same time.

Any different idea?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Have you guys tried calling CIC?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Guys my first stage approved, I just called CIC, they sent me a letter on february 26th, they sent me a letter about my singapore police certificate as singapore need an official letter from CIC for issuing police certificate which I couldnt sent earlier

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
missha said:
Guys my first stage approved, I just called CIC, they sent me a letter on february 26th, they sent me a letter about my singapore police certificate as singapore need an official letter from CIC for issuing police certificate which I couldnt sent earlier
Congrats Missha!

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
missha said:
I still cant believe!!!!
Believe it and embrace it! :)

I would call CIC personally in my situation but as a sponsor I was never given a tracking number and hubby works all day so he cant check on his own application. I`m just gonna keep waiting..sigh.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
missha said:
Yeehaw... congratulations Misha...

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
aww thanks guys... I am very happy right now!

Time to update chart, but I am pretty sure, people will get more news this week by Tuesday as usually we get mores updates on Tuesdays.. I should wait it out. They have not updated my status yet online.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Congrats Missha !! :D