+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

ViviTaylor

Dec 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zion786 said:
Hey Venitile

you should really get a lawyer ASAP and consider filing for mandamus. I applied November 2011, got AIP in September 2012, since then Ive been in background checks. So I've been in background checks for 2 years and 7 months. 5 months ago I got a layer who sent a letter to the immigration office handling my file.It took then 2 months to reply. They want me to renew medicals and fingerprints and also sent me an address history form. Its been 2 months since i did all that. Now apparently they are re doing background checks cause they had expired too. The stupidest system ever.God knows how long the background check renewal takes and even after that they can stall.
Yes, it took 34 months for them to complete my background check. I actually inquired a lawyer sometime last year, but the lawyer told us that he can't do anything except mailing in a letter. He can't speed up the process as the background check was being done by the third party, even though CIC wasn't able to push them. CIC's officer who was handling my case could only speed up when they received the report from the background check party.

In that case, we didn't even bother to ask the lawyer to send in any letter as we have done that a couple times for the past 3 years. We also asked the MP to check for us, but the result was the same.

So if your file looks good and they didn't ask you for any update, I think the only thing we can do is waiting.

But I do hope you case will be complete soon.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
34 Months in stage 2 now!...YAY!.....this is torture. I was told to renew my medicals, rcmp fingerprints, and fill out a client update form.Everything has been received.This was all received in February of this year. Now im being told that my security(csis) checks were expired so they are being redone. According to CSIS I was deemed safe by them the first time around, I was cleared in July of 2012. So what has my file been upto for the last 2 years!.Nothing ladies and gentlemen....NOTHING!.Unreal. I was cleared by csis the first time around in exactly 4 months. So the update should take the same time if not less. The update request was sent by cic on feb 11th of this year. Its been over 4 months!!!!What do they want from me...Just let me go you idiots, you have nothing on me and u know it!!!!

Venitile

Mar 19, 2014
Hi VIV and Zion,

I just hope you guys have finally reached the finishing line of this crazy ordeal!
Just as I had mobilized our MP and the immigration minister and a couple of other individuals I received the famous letter requesting to pay a fee of 490$ and to double check our personal information.
I paid the fee and pointed out that they failed to change my surname even though I sent them name change documents etc way back in time. So I resent these documents and within a week or two we received the date for the interview. Which took place on the 29 April.
To my frustration when we were handed to residency document I saw that they still had not changed my name from my former married name back to my maiden name.
The officer pointed out that you can not change your name during the process! I started to get frustrated but stayed very polite, just had a need to let go of all e build up over the years. Unfortunately the lady pointed out she had a panic attack the week before and needed to calm down..... GOD was close to blowing a fuse.
Long story short we were given the papers and told it would take six weeks to receive the actual cards.
It's been 8 weeks and they are not here. I rang immigration just now and was told wait time for the cards is 11 weeks.
So I said in a very nonchalant way we are going on vacation to Europe so if they won't arrive before leaving I will get my common law partner to forward them to us by special mail.
Oh was she ever not so nice in her tone!!!! The cards would be seized by the post if we would send them! It is illegal to send ID documents by mail. When I told her that I receive my passport by mail she pointed out that only visa offices are allowed to send ID Documents. It is allowed from person to person!
Oddly enough I sent my passport recently by UPS to a lawyer in Germany. Not a problem at all.
Has anyone heard of this before???
Our flights are booked. We are leaving! And I can tell you hell is going to break lose when I arrive back here in Canada at the airport with my Canadian kids and the permanent residence document PAPER and they will refuse me entry!

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
35 months in Background checks now!...Just learnt that file is transferred to another department for more verifications.It will take as long as it has to. Contacted my MP for the second time. CIC tolsd them exactly the same thing.Seriously considering Mandmadus now. Anyone know how much it costs.Also am I the only 2011 applicant left?????

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Zion786 said:
35 months in Background checks now!...Just learnt that file is transferred to another department for more verifications.It will take as long as it has to. Contacted my MP for the second time. CIC tolsd them exactly the same thing.Seriously considering Mandmadus now. Anyone know how much it costs.Also am I the only 2011 applicant left?????
3 YEARS? For "background checks"? Yes, that does sound a bit ridiculous and you're getting the usual CIC stonewall.

I'd expect that it would cost $3-4,000 for an attorney to file for Mandamus. Since you are in Canada, you do also have the option of filing it yourself - it might sound intimidating, but drafting it yourself is a better option than just waiting - there's a "trick" to finding out what other people have done, getting copies of their filings, modeling your own filing after theirs, making your arguments, and presenting your case.

Especially in Mandamus cases, my observation is that few make it to Court - if they really are worthy of Mandamus (and 4+ years waiting is in that camp for sure) then Justice Canada puts the pressure on CIC to finish things up. It avoids the embarrassment of losing a Mandamus hearing. So the balancing act here if you do it yourself is to make the case appear compelling enough that Justice Canada thinks you'll convince a judge to hear your case. For $50 plus the cost of your time to learn how to draft an application for leave and writ of mandamus it might be well worth it.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Thankyou computergeek for your advice. Just received my case notes, According to which the agent on feb 12 2015 says that there are no issues with the file and that it is OK for processing. Then a week later file is transferred, the reason stated is workload-(re) distribution. So after three years of BG checks with no issues they decide to transfer due to workload-(re) distribution.INSANITY!!!!

Any comments computergeek?....this just seems like intentional delay

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Zion786 said:
Thankyou computergeek for your advice. Just received my case notes, According to which the agent on feb 12 2015 says that there are no issues with the file and that it is OK for processing. Then a week later file is transferred, the reason stated is workload-(re) distribution. So after three years of BG checks with no issues they decide to transfer due to workload-(re) distribution.INSANITY!!!!

Any comments computergeek?....this just seems like intentional delay
It sounds like your file has become lost. Do you even know which office now has it? If you do, try sending them a letter of inquiry, since you really are far beyond normal processing times.

You do still have the option of filing for Mandamus as well.

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
The file is with the MOntreal Backlog reduction office.It is in the "DASCO room" of the Backlog reduction office whatever that means. I cant find a way to contact this office...:(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Zion786 said:
The file is with the MOntreal Backlog reduction office.It is in the "DASCO room" of the Backlog reduction office whatever that means. I cant find a way to contact this office...:(
CIC only shows a single office in Montreal:

1010 St-Antoine West,
2nd Floor
Montréal, QC
H3C 1B2

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
So its official then, Im the only 2011 applicant left.In background checks for over 3 years and counting.My lawyer wants me to wait for now and not file mandamus.ohhhhh my life

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Zion786 said:
So its official then, Im the only 2011 applicant left.In background checks for over 3 years and counting.My lawyer wants me to wait for now and not file mandamus.ohhhhh my life
You're not the only one. Some people are silent reader of this tread. They don't want to contribute.

I pray that your patience will pay on the long run. As long as CIC has not rejected your application. At the end of the turnnel the will be light.

Take Care.
POLICP

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
Hi Zion!

I'm still
Here!!! Was wondering if you're getting my inbox? My status in Ecas says: application received and they're still doing back ground check, 8mos now!!!!

Hang on tight!!

Zion786 said:

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Zion786 said:
Anyone else besides me and micanada from 2011 inland?
What you guys can do is to find Canadian Security Services Address and quote your and your ids. Telling them it has been over 3 yrs that your application has been under security checks.
You will see the result of your enquiry.
Good luck
POLYCAP

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Wow guys! I am really sorry that it has been taken this long. That's absolutely horrible! Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Can I ask, why has it taken this incredible long? Complicated cases or just pure unlucky?