App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
theinlander said:
Very happy!!! ;D :D :D

I just got an email stating that my app has been completed, and "The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."

My timeline goes as follow:

App received July 29, 2011
AIP June 18, 2012
DM May 1, 2013
Landing Interview ?!?!?!

My ecas has not changed to DM yet, but the letter I received by email is dated 2013-05-01.

I did have to send some additional docs between June 18, 2012 and May 1, 2013. The last doc I sent was my Canadian fingerprints, which they received on April 16, so they took only 2 weeks to make the decision.

Does anybody knows the Montreal waiting period for the appointment?

Congrats!

We have received the DM 1 week before you on April 24.

As for the Montreal interview timeline, I have found some info at 2012 Quebec ınland Applicants. Unfortunately, some of them are waiting since March 17 2013 for the interview (even with the Right of Permanent residency already paid).

Seems like there is a new processin Mtl which is:
1) A letter to verify contact info+information questionnaite+2 passport photos
2) The appointment letter.

Since March 17, all people waitin for an appointment did not received letter #2 (appointment letter). I am still waiting for either of them.

I will keep you update when I will received the letter and let me know as well if you will received them. We might have the interview the same day :)

viana

Feb 14, 2011
finally

Finallyyyyyyyyyyy am soo happy last week we got a letter in the mail asking me for a 3rd medical cic claimed i wasnt complying yet i had re-done my medicals in oct 2012 .on fri i immediately called and talked to the cic agent about it she was nice she sent an email to vegreville and good for us we just called today and they said we are ready to be landed the officer set us for last interview end of may.finallyyyyy pr process is finished.for those of you still waiting i pray that it will come faster and hang on it will come

blue7120

Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.2011
AOR Received.
March.2012 -- AIP ON SEPTEMBER 2012
Med's Request
September.2012
Med's Done....
Octobre.2012
PRQC said:
Congrats!

As for the Montreal interview timeline, I have found some info at 2012 Quebec ınland Applicants. Unfortunately, some of them are waiting since March 17 2013 for the interview (even with the Right of Permanent residency already paid).

Since March 17, all people waitin for an appointment did not received letter #2 (appointment letter). I am still waiting for either of them.

I will keep you update when I will received the letter and let me know as well if you will received them. We might have the interview the same day :)
we received the letter yesterday, for landing on next week...at mtl office
first letter come 45 days after DM, second one came in 20 days after first letter

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
I called the CIC today. They say my background check still isn't complete, that they're not waiting on anything from me, and I should call back in three months :eek: to see if there are any changes.

Is anyone else stuck in the background check? I have no idea what could be holding mine up.

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
blue7120 said:
first letter come 45 days after DM, second one came in 20 days after first letter
Congrats!

Did you had the Right of permanent residency payment done prior DM?

Also, is your spouse has to be with you at the interview?

Thanks

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
PRQC said:
Congrats!

I see! Thanks PRQC,

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
blue7120 said:
WOW more than 2 months!

blue7120

Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.2011
AOR Received.
March.2012 -- AIP ON SEPTEMBER 2012
Med's Request
September.2012
Med's Done....
Octobre.2012
PRQC said:
Congrats!

Did you had the Right of permanent residency payment done prior DM?

Also, is your spouse has to be with you at the interview?

Thanks
we were request to pay when we got DM by email. so we pay right after the DM2. and send in the receipt.

for sure, the sponsor must be there...that is what said on the letter...

will keep ur guys inform what s going on next week..

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
theinlander said:
I see! Thanks PRQC,
Good news,

We got the letter for the interview at MTL on May 30 :D They asked to bring all the photos and IDs doc. So no 2 steps process as I have seen with others at Montreal lately.

Hopefully you will get some good news soon.

lauriuxam

Mar 15, 2012
StoneTable said:
I called the CIC today. They say my background check still isn't complete, that they're not waiting on anything from me, and I should call back in three months :eek: to see if there are any changes.

Is anyone else stuck in the background check? I have no idea what could be holding mine up.
I am in the same as you every time I call CIC they told me they still checking background and they dont need anything for me

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
PRQC said:
Good news,

We got the letter for the interview at MTL on May 30 :D They asked to bring all the photos and IDs doc. So no 2 steps process as I have seen with others at Montreal lately.

Hopefully you will get some good news soon.
Congrats!!! Good to know!

BLT123

Oct 1, 2012
lauriuxam said:
I am in the same as you every time I call CIC they told me they still checking background and they dont need anything for me
Same here. Called today, told everything looked fine, and they were awaiting the background. Exactly 8 months since AIP today.

lauriuxam

Mar 15, 2012
BLT123 said:
Same here. Called today, told everything looked fine, and they were awaiting the background. Exactly 8 months since AIP today.
I got a email today my application is completed and Edmonton office will contact me exactly 8 mounts 15 days after AIP I hope they contact you soon.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
lauriuxam said:
I got a email today my application is completed and Edmonton office will contact me exactly 8 mounts 15 days after AIP I hope they contact you soon.
Ecas changed to DM.... medicals received. But nothing else. I assume they will send a letter.

22 Months.

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
It's been exactly 8 months for me this weekend. I called a few months back to update my email address and to ask whether my new medical had ever been received. They requested it when I got AIP in September, I did it in the 3rd week of September, and my ECAS never updated with "medical received". According to the call center agent, they did receive it, but still nothing going on on ECAS at all. He didn't want to tell me anything else about my progress because the 8 months had not passed yet at that point.

Now that the 8 months have passed, I'm not sure what to do. Call again? Contact MP? I wish I would at least know why it's taking so long. I should be an easy case one would think, no kids prior to this relationship, not previously married or common law, have been legally employed in Canada for almost 5 years now, never traveled outside Europe or North America, and never longer than a couple of weeks. I did move house a lot, though, and lived with a string of different roommates, I wonder if that makes me suspicious somehow and the background check takes really long?