DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
One more 2011 has landed. :eek:
I landed in Vancouver. There was a video presentation and a very friendly CIC officer.
If anyone has any questions let me know.

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
Hello to alpeople from Inland Application 2011

Good news, we got DM and waiting for the letters.

Is your spouse had to come with you for the landing interview?

Thanks

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
anticipation said:
One more 2011 has landed. :eek:
I landed in Vancouver. There was a video presentation and a very friendly CIC officer.
If anyone has any questions let me know.
Congratulations! On the good news train we have some as well! My application has been completed and sent to Vancouver office where I am awaiting a call to schedule our interview!

My ECAS hasn't changed yet, but the call centre said Vegreville sent us a letter on Monday.

My questions for you Anticipation is:
-How long did it take for Vancouver to contact you for the interview?
-How long after that did it take for interview to actually take place?
-The Call Centre said that my interview is the same as landing, yet they did not say a decision has been made, just that my file is completed.... is this the same thing?

I am*hoping* I'll be able to go back to my homeland for a visit in August, is that wishful thinking?

Either way, this is one step closer! There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel and we are all going to be bona fide PRs soon enough!!
Thank you ALL!!!

Aug 29, 2012
Hi computer geek. I have a question for u. My wife received her PR card today and has her original name on it. We have changed her last name to my name 6 months after we got married. I heard it is NOT possible to change the last name on the PR card. but she changed her last name 2 years before she became a PR. also her OHIP card and SIN card is under her changed last name which is my last name. Every document is under my last name except PR. what can we do to change that? Is that possible.??oh by the way it took them to issue PR card in total of 63 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot.

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
TheProfessorsWife said:
My questions for you Anticipation is:
-How long did it take for Vancouver to contact you for the interview?

**I got the appointment date within a week from Vancouver.
-How long after that did it take for interview to actually take place?

**But it was set about 2 months out. February to April.

-The Call Centre said that my interview is the same as landing, yet they did not say a decision has been made, just that my file is completed.... is this the same thing?
Don't worry you have it. There was actually just the powerpoint presentation and some questions at the desk.

I am*hoping* I'll be able to go back to my homeland for a visit in August, is that wishful thinking?
If your timeline is like my timeline, it might be possible, it takes 8 weeks from after getting your Certificate of Permanent Residency to getting your PR card. So, all together it might be 4 months from Decision Made to the PR card

You need a PR card to take any commercial vehicle. the COPR is only good at a land crossing. You can apply to speed this process up, but I don't know the details about that.

Either way, this is one step closer! There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel and we are all going to be bona fide PRs soon enough!!
Thank you ALL!!!

Congratulations and good luck

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ingodwetrustforever said:
Hi computer geek. I have a question for u. My wife received her PR card today and has her original name on it. We have changed her last name to my name 6 months after we got married. I heard it is NOT possible to change the last name on the PR card. but she changed her last name 2 years before she became a PR. also her OHIP card and SIN card is under her changed last name which is my last name. Every document is under my last name except PR. what can we do to change that? Is that possible.??oh by the way it took them to issue PR card in total of 63 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot.
The PR card should match her COPR. If her COPR matches her passport, then there is nothing you can do to change it. If her PR card does not match the COPR, you should request a replacement PR card. If her COPR does not match her passport, you should request a correction to the COPR.

But if her passport matches her COPR and the PR card, she will not be able to change it.

Aug 29, 2012
computergeek said:
The PR card should match her COPR. If her COPR matches her passport, then there is nothing you can do to change it. If her PR card does not match the COPR, you should request a replacement PR card. If her COPR does not match her passport, you should request a correction to the COPR.

But if her passport matches her COPR and the PR card, she will not be able to change it.
Thanks computer geek.!

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
Thank you Anticipation!!

I am so thrilled! I got a letter in the mail today saying I have been approved and that I need to call to make an appointment for my landing!

So if I travel by train or bus I can take my COPR with me and that should suffice?

Thank you for your timely reply! I really appreciate it!

;D
Yay!

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
TheProfessorsWife said:
So if I travel by train or bus I can take my COPR with me and that should suffice?
Sorry for being unclear. NO you cannot take a train or bus. They are commercial vehicles. But you can take a private car across and maybe even walk, but I'm not sure about that. :D

I hope you get a very early date. Best of luck.

I should say that is the official answer, but as usual with this process there are exceptions. I actually took our private car across on a ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria. It is considered a LAND CROSSING even though the Ferry is a commercial vehicle. I believe because the Ferry is considered part of the road. I called the Victoria Border Crossing Officers and confirmed that this would be okay. CIC had told me that they didn't think I could do it.

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
avigtr said:
Really? one month?
I see you have my timeline but you still without DM? That's crazy!!
It is a nightmare,and for no reason too...
Well..at least the summer is knocking on our door :)
Very happy!!! ;D :D :D

I just got an email stating that my app has been completed, and "The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."

My timeline goes as follow:

App received July 29, 2011
AIP June 18, 2012
DM May 1, 2013
Landing Interview ?!?!?!

My ecas has not changed to DM yet, but the letter I received by email is dated 2013-05-01.

I did have to send some additional docs between June 18, 2012 and May 1, 2013. The last doc I sent was my Canadian fingerprints, which they received on April 16, so they took only 2 weeks to make the decision.

Does anybody knows the Montreal waiting period for the appointment?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
hey Aiman, Congratulation!!!! :D ;D

i'm very happy for you that you finally got the good news and Landed. it has been a long time!
I hope the best for you and your family where ever you are. i've been busy with work and stuff so I haven't had time to come and check the forums for a while.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
theinlander said:
Very happy!!! ;D :D :D

I just got an email stating that my app has been completed, and "The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."

My timeline goes as follow:

App received July 29, 2011
AIP June 18, 2012
DM May 1, 2013
Landing Interview ?!?!?!

My ecas has not changed to DM yet, but the letter I received by email is dated 2013-05-01.

I did have to send some additional docs between June 18, 2012 and May 1, 2013. The last doc I sent was my Canadian fingerprints, which they received on April 16, so they took only 2 weeks to make the decision.

Does anybody knows the Montreal waiting period for the appointment?

Congratulations!
the contact timing varies but the important thing is you are done! one more formal "interview" and you are a PR! so an extra day or two shouldn't be a big deal ;) enjoy your time and not to worry, you are there!

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
congrats theprofessorswife and to all the folks who got their DM so happy for u guys!!!!