No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Hey guys
Does anyone know what the timeline for Scarborough office is? I've got DM on January 29 and been waiting...

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
So I finally landed yesterday, supposedly I should have been cheering and reveling the day but conversely I am very sad and in tears as I have just lost my Grandma. The process is just so long for becoming PR that sometimes we lose our loved ones without ever meeting them again.
Its goes without saying as how fortunate I am to find this forum , it’s a bunch of friends in fact a family on its own where one being consoled, motivated and cherished all at the same time. I am so much thankful to God to provide me the opportunity to associate with people who are persistently sharing their valuable opinions experiences and knowledge.
I truly hope and pray that every single person of this forum get DM sooner than he expect and enjoy life to its max.

bia_rmm

Mar 16, 2013
Hi there, I've just joined this forum and I'm not quite sure where I should be posting but I've been in this process for quite some time now and I suppose I need to share my situation and hear from other people who have been in similar ones and can perhaps make me feel a little bit better about this "waiting" process.

I applied for permanent residency through a spouse sponsorship (my boyfriend who I've been living with for the past almost 4 years in Toronto is Canadian) from within Canada on June 2nd, 2011 (date my application was recieved according to CIC). On June 13th, 2011 they started processing my application. It has been a long process in big part due to the fact that my application was not complete the first time I sent it through. (Looking back I wish I would have used a lawyer simply because the CIC website is NOT clear enough about certain things, but anyway...) I had to send extra information (different things) 2 separate times which led to the extensive time that my application has been "in process". On November 18th, 2012 I finally recieved a letter from Vegreville saying that I met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residency and a few days shortly after I recieved my new work permit. That same day my spouse also recieved a letter saying that he met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. My letter did however also request that I do some medical exams. I had already sent medical exams through with my application back in June of 2011 but I suppose given the time gone by since then they required more up-to date medical exams. So, I proceeded to get my medical exams done very soon after recieving this letter. I can't remember the exact date, but it must have been no later than a week after. Since then I haven't heard anything else from CIC. Online when I check the status of my application it still says it's "in process" and when I click on that it says:
"We received your application for permanent residence on June 2, 2011.
We started processing your application on June 13, 2011.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted."

So... I'm waiting. My understanding is that I'm in the "Step 2" of the process which according to the processing times should take on average 8 months. Is that correct? So, could I assume that given the fact that I got the letter in November I could expect to recieve final approval around July? My next question is related to when I would be able to travel. As I've applied from within Canada i'm currently living and working here under "impled status" (I previously had a post grad work permit and temporary visitor visa before applying for this) I haven't been able to leave Canada. As you can imagine, I am very anxious to be able to leave Canada again for a vacation and to see my family back home in Brazil! My understanding is that even after I recieve final approval for this I would still have to wait on average 3 more months until I recieve my Permanent Residency Card which would then allow me to travel (well, it would allow me to re-enter Canada). Is this information correct? And if so does anyone know if there is anything I can do to speed up that final process at all? One of my best friends is getting married in the US in October. I have already missed so much from being "stuck" here in Canada that I really wouldn't want to miss this friends wedding because of this.

Any input, help, suggestions or sharing of experiences is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Yes it seems like ur process is done now and the next step is to go in to your local office and sign off on it. It will probably take another 3 months to complete the entire process, including to get your card.

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
bia_rmm said:
Hi there, I've just joined this forum and I'm not quite sure where I should be posting but I've been in this process for quite some time now and I suppose I need to share my situation and hear from other people who have been in similar ones and can perhaps make me feel a little bit better about this "waiting" process.

I applied for permanent residency through a spouse sponsorship (my boyfriend who I've been living with for the past almost 4 years in Toronto is Canadian) from within Canada on June 2nd, 2011 (date my application was recieved according to CIC). On June 13th, 2011 they started processing my application. It has been a long process in big part due to the fact that my application was not complete the first time I sent it through. (Looking back I wish I would have used a lawyer simply because the CIC website is NOT clear enough about certain things, but anyway...) I had to send extra information (different things) 2 separate times which led to the extensive time that my application has been "in process". On November 18th, 2012 I finally recieved a letter from Vegreville saying that I met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residency and a few days shortly after I recieved my new work permit. That same day my spouse also recieved a letter saying that he met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. My letter did however also request that I do some medical exams. I had already sent medical exams through with my application back in June of 2011 but I suppose given the time gone by since then they required more up-to date medical exams. So, I proceeded to get my medical exams done very soon after recieving this letter. I can't remember the exact date, but it must have been no later than a week after. Since then I haven't heard anything else from CIC. Online when I check the status of my application it still says it's "in process" and when I click on that it says:
"We received your application for permanent residence on June 2, 2011.
We started processing your application on June 13, 2011.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted."

So... I'm waiting. My understanding is that I'm in the "Step 2" of the process which according to the processing times should take on average 8 months. Is that correct? So, could I assume that given the fact that I got the letter in November I could expect to recieve final approval around July? My next question is related to when I would be able to travel. As I've applied from within Canada i'm currently living and working here under "impled status" (I previously had a post grad work permit and temporary visitor visa before applying for this) I haven't been able to leave Canada. As you can imagine, I am very anxious to be able to leave Canada again for a vacation and to see my family back home in Brazil! My understanding is that even after I recieve final approval for this I would still have to wait on average 3 more months until I recieve my Permanent Residency Card which would then allow me to travel (well, it would allow me to re-enter Canada). Is this information correct? And if so does anyone know if there is anything I can do to speed up that final process at all? One of my best friends is getting married in the US in October. I have already missed so much from being "stuck" here in Canada that I really wouldn't want to miss this friends wedding because of this.

Any input, help, suggestions or sharing of experiences is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Hi bia, well, there is nothing can be done but just sit and wait, we are all in the same boat of waiting patiently. Maybe u need to contact your MP and get your GCMS notes to see what was noted so u have a base idea what is going on. It's all about which officer gets the file, some are awesome and very efficient while hmmmm lalaland, just have to keep hope alive and hope for the best. I really hope we all from 2011 who are waiting get through and continue with our goodly lives. Sometimes I really have to wonder about canada where family is concern, to me they put us under more stress than anything else wondering about the unknown. Just keep fingers crossed and toes curls. I know it's hard not to be frustrated but hang in there..

Babydee

Dec 19, 2012
Aiman said:
Hey guys
Does anyone know what the timeline for Scarborough office is? I've got DM on January 29 and been waiting...
Hi Aiman,

I got Dm Feb 18, received letter for landing date in scarborough march 4, landing april 11. Did you payyour RPRF?

Babydee

Dec 19, 2012
nonoo said:
So I finally landed yesterday, supposedly I should have been cheering and reveling the day but conversely I am very sad and in tears as I have just lost my Grandma. The process is just so long for becoming PR that sometimes we lose our loved ones without ever meeting them again.
Its goes without saying as how fortunate I am to find this forum , it's a bunch of friends in fact a family on its own where one being consoled, motivated and cherished all at the same time. I am so much thankful to God to provide me the opportunity to associate with people who are persistently sharing their valuable opinions experiences and knowledge.
I truly hope and pray that every single person of this forum get DM sooner than he expect and enjoy life to its max.
my condolences nonoo.

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
nonoo said:
Its goes without saying as how fortunate I am to find this forum , it's a bunch of friends in fact a family on its own where one being consoled, motivated and cherished all at the same time. I am so much thankful to God to provide me the opportunity to associate with people who are persistently sharing their valuable opinions experiences and knowledge.

It must be quite emotional to finish this process particularly after all you have been through.
There are just so many rules in this process that don't make sense and unintentionally hurt people waiting for approval. I hope you get your medical, and feel more settled here. I will let you know when I too am a permanent resident. All the best!!!!

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
bia_rmm said:
My letter did however also request that I do some medical exams. I had already sent medical exams through with my application back in June of 2011 but I suppose given the time gone by since then they required more up-to date medical exams. So, I proceeded to get my medical exams done very soon after recieving this letter. My understanding is that I'm in the "Step 2" of the process which according to the processing times should take on average 8 months. Is that correct?
Hey I think I can give potential good news. A bunch of us on this forum had to re-do medicals after getting first stage approvals in September. We all started getting final approvals in February and March. So since you are a couple of months later, you have a good chance of getting yours within two months. You do have to wait for your permanent residency card for at least a month after landing.
I believe there is a procedure to get some sort of travel paper, but don't remember the details. It will be somewhere on this list.
I believe you are within normal trends. Good luck.

bia_rmm

Mar 16, 2013
anticipation said:
Hey I think I can give potential good news. A bunch of us on this forum had to re-do medicals after getting first stage approvals in September. We all started getting final approvals in February and March. So since you are a couple of months later, you have a good chance of getting yours within two months. You do have to wait for your permanent residency card for at least a month after landing.
I believe there is a procedure to get some sort of travel paper, but don't remember the details. It will be somewhere on this list.
That is really reassuring to hear, thank you so much for the encoraging words. :) I had seen somewhere that it takes 3 months to get your PR card but it's good to hear that it could only take up to a month. Also good to hear that there may be some sort of travel paper I can get... I will have to keep searching around for that. (If anybody knows more details about this - please help!)

bia_rmm

Mar 16, 2013
Watchie said:
Hi bia, well, there is nothing can be done but just sit and wait, we are all in the same boat of waiting patiently. Maybe u need to contact your MP and get your GCMS notes to see what was noted so u have a base idea what is going on. It's all about which officer gets the file, some are awesome and very efficient while hmmmm lalaland, just have to keep hope alive and hope for the best. I really hope we all from 2011 who are waiting get through and continue with our goodly lives. Sometimes I really have to wonder about canada where family is concern, to me they put us under more stress than anything else wondering about the unknown. Just keep fingers crossed and toes curls. I know it's hard not to be frustrated but hang in there..
Thanks for responding! I think I'm still within normal time for the "Step 2" of this process so I think I'm going to hold off on contacting my MP for now, but thank you for that suggestion - I may try that if it comes down to it! It really is crazy how complicated, frustrating and unclear this whole process is. Canada really could do a better job I think. Oh well. It's reassuring to know so many others are in the same boat.

bia_rmm

Mar 16, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
Yes it seems like ur process is done now and the next step is to go in to your local office and sign off on it. It will probably take another 3 months to complete the entire process, including to get your card.
I don't think I'm that close to being done yet. My ecas still says "In Process" and not "Decision Made". I've only gotten my AIP I guess it's called. Sounds like I still need to wait for it to be transfered to a local office. Thanks for replying!

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
anticipation said:
It must be quite emotional to finish this process particularly after all you have been through.
There are just so many rules in this process that don't make sense and unintentionally hurt people waiting for approval. I hope you get your medical, and feel more settled here. I will let you know when I too am a permanent resident. All the best!!!!
Thank you so much Anticipation and everyone for your kind thoughts, condolences and comforting me.
Yes, something bad did happen, but I have accepted the inevitable, as everyone must in these circumstances. Thanks for your generous thoughts.

Mike Alpha

Mar 6, 2013
We sent you a letter on March 14, 2013 to (my address ) about the decision on your application.

just checked online status and its decision made
applied july 2011

do i have to worry ? someone ? ?? ?

Mike Alpha

Mar 6, 2013
anticipation said:
We sent you a letter on March 14, 2013 to (my address ) about the decision on your application.

just checked online status and its decision made
applied july 2011

do i have to worry ? someone ? ?? ?