AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
on two or more occasions i've been told that cic respond faster when you have a lawyer .any one has experience with that?...
i've receive my aip since may..and second stage approval is taking forever..this morning the agent told me it will be 8 months until second stage.. i realize he wasn't helpful,he didn't bother have me verify my acct..i decided to call back later..hate talking to agents like that

i'm thinking probably its because i travelled alot , security clearance is taking awhile..because i don't understand

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
under_way said:
on two or more occasions i've been told that cic respond faster when you have a lawyer .any one has experience with that?...
i've receive my aip since may..and second stage approval is taking forever..this morning the agent told me it will be 8 months until second stage.. i realize he wasn't helpful,he didn't bother have me verify my acct..i decided to call back later..hate talking to agents like that

i'm thinking probably its because i travelled alot , security clearance is taking awhile..because i don't understand
I don't think a Lawyer will make it any faster, I don't buy that.
If you have a complicated case maybe it might help if problems arise, but based what I have read on this forum, that is more or less wasted money for the simple straight forward cases.
Problem is that because some people are getting 2nd stage so fast, it creates expectations or fear for the others.
I also think the frequent travelling might be what is slowing down the security clearance.
Some people have ordered the FOSS notes to know exactly what was going on.

canadianwife43

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
under_way said:

Unless u have a really complicated case please don't waste your money on a lawyer, it will not make it go faster. as far as the second stage goes its just a time thing, did u get your OWP?, If u have that you r golden, because you can get your SIN # with that, your driver's license, a job, and apply for OHIP if you r in Ontario. And the rest ( PR card) well thats not a bog issue, its just a waiting game, dont worry it will all work out Congrats on AIP, your just one step closer :)

Ematina

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012
What is FOSS!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ematina said:
What is FOSS!!!
FOSS=Field Operations Support System

The computer system CIC uses for inland applications and filings.

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
Hi Johanna. Just wanted to thank you for updating the 2011 list, especially since you are from 2012.
My AOR is from December 2011 so we are almost batch mates. In April you wrote me an e-mail saying you weren't on e-cas. I trust you have gotten on since then?

Best of luck to you, maybe we'll both get nice Christmas presents.

Anticipation

Ematina

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012
computergeek said:
FOSS=Field Operations Support System

The computer system CIC uses for inland applications and filings.
Thank you :)

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
hi and congrats to everyone who got their aip!

i do have a concern about my visitors record and hoping someone can help to enlighten me. It will expire oct this year and i wont get aip till end of sept - first week of oct, im just wondering if i really have to renew my visitors record or not ? i call cic and the agent told me, its really up to me if i wanted to renew it, cause she was saying i already included an owp with the pr application. and she checked my file and she said cic is not oppening yet addtional info submitted april 2012, so shes ending up telling me i have to wait 11 mos and its really up to me if i wanted to renew my visitors record.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
micanada said:
i do have a concern about my visitors record and hoping someone can help to enlighten me. It will expire oct this year and i wont get aip till end of sept - first week of oct, im just wondering if i really have to renew my visitors record or not ? i call cic and the agent told me, its really up to me if i wanted to renew it, cause she was saying i already included an owp with the pr application. and she checked my file and she said cic is not oppening yet addtional info submitted april 2012, so shes ending up telling me i have to wait 11 mos and its really up to me if i wanted to renew my visitors record.
There's no reason NOT to renew it - and it won't make your life more difficult. Of course, I assume you are concerned you might be denied? The CIC operational manuals say they should renew it because you have an inland application ongoing, but it's still discretionary. Since you are so close, my suggestion would be to apply for online renewal of your visitor status one day before it expires. The CIC website says that you must apply 30 days in advance, but the LAW just says prior.

Further, I'd apply via the ONLINE process because right now it is taking them 54 days to process online applications (faster than paper applications). As long as you have an application filed BEFORE your old VR expires, you will continue to be covered under "implied status" in any case. Then, hopefully, you will receive your AIP shortly thereafter. This approach just buys you an extra two months of "safety" if that is really necessary. If you get AIP before your VR runs out, great - don't worry about it. Otherwise, it's still better to have status than no status if you can.

Good luck!

canadianwife43

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
micanada said:
hi and congrats to everyone who got their aip!

Did u send an application for a OWP?..if so this will give u implied status that way you wont have to worry about your visitor record. you will be able to stay indefinitely until your application is approved, If you send your OWP with your sponsors and your application it will take approximately 11 months till he get his/her approval. Your OWP will come with that. I believe u can still send a application for it even though you have already sent your application, i'm pretty sure they will pair it up.It is important that u get this OWP application filed, to get the implied status. otherwise you may not be able to stay.

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
computergeek said:
There's no reason NOT to renew it - and it won't make your life more difficult. Of course, I assume you are concerned you might be denied? The CIC operational manuals say they should renew it because you have an inland application ongoing, but it's still discretionary. Since you are so close, my suggestion would be to apply for online renewal of your visitor status one day before it expires. The CIC website says that you must apply 30 days in advance, but the LAW just says prior.

Further, I'd apply via the ONLINE process because right now it is taking them 54 days to process online applications (faster than paper applications). As long as you have an application filed BEFORE your old VR expires, you will continue to be covered under "implied status" in any case. Then, hopefully, you will receive your AIP shortly thereafter. This approach just buys you an extra two months of "safety" if that is really necessary. If you get AIP before your VR runs out, great - don't worry about it. Otherwise, it's still better to have status than no status if you can.

Good luck!

thanks computergeek!! and youre right!! its will expire 3rd week of oct and i can wait till sept 15-20to renew it and hopefully i get aip before that!! and another question, in applying to extend your status in Canada, do i have to provide a proof of suppport like bank statement of my sponsor??

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
canadianwife43 said:
Did u send an application for a OWP?..if so this will give u implied status that way you wont have to worry about your visitor record. you will be able to stay indefinitely until your application is approved, If you send your OWP with your sponsors and your application it will take approximately 11 months till he get his/her approval. Your OWP will come with that. I believe u can still send a application for it even though you have already sent your application, i'm pretty sure they will pair it up.It is important that u get this OWP application filed, to get the implied status. otherwise you may not be able to stay.
hi canadianwife! yup i included an owp app with my pr application, the agent wasnt so clear and she didnt explain it verywell , now it makes sense that even if i dont renew my visitors record i can still stay as implied stat cause i have an application of owp, but my visitors record will expire before aip and computergeek is right that its better to have a legal status than no status. its just funny that the agent told me thats its really up to me, lol

thanks!! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
micanada said:
hi canadianwife! yup i included an owp app with my pr application, the agent wasnt so clear and she didnt explain it verywell , now it makes sense that even if i dont renew my visitors record i can still stay as implied stat cause i have an application of owp, but my visitors record will expire before aip and computergeek is right that its better to have a legal status than no status. its just funny that the agent told me thats its really up to me, lol
Legally, there's no difference in having a VR and having implied status. But practically speaking, if you should be called upon to prove your status in Canada, having a piece of paper is still easier than trying to make the "well, I'm on implied status" argument. In the right circumstances it could take a 30 second conversation and turn it into a 3 hour conversation. Let's hope you don't need it anyway.

You should provide them with the evidence requested (e.g., how you will support yourself in Canada.) The burden shouldn't be that high, but of course any financial information will help your case, including accounts that you or your sponsor have.

canadianwife43

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
micanada said:

thanks!! :)
your OWP does give u legal status, no matter how long it takes to get here, its implied. trust me this is the way I did it, didnt need to renew anything. sent u a personal message hope it helps

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
computergeek said:
Legally, there's no difference in having a VR and having implied status. But practically speaking, if you should be called upon to prove your status in Canada, having a piece of paper is still easier than trying to make the "well, I'm on implied status" argument. In the right circumstances it could take a 30 second conversation and turn it into a 3 hour conversation. Let's hope you don't need it anyway.

You should provide them with the evidence requested (e.g., how you will support yourself in Canada.) The burden shouldn't be that high, but of course any financial information will help your case, including accounts that you or your sponsor have.
thanks again computer geek , i am setting a duue date and if i dont get aip before it expires might do paper app since online application is taking longer than paper application!

thanks and have a great week end everyone!!