+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
Guys, I am hysterically happy.. my hubby just call me to tell me that he received Landing letter, for April 10, 2012 @ 13h00 in Montreal. 1 day after our wedding anniversary!!!...
Amazing!!! Congrats and good luck!!

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
cililoca said:
Hi guys, Just a question, when you do the landing you do it in your hometown or you have to travel to a bigger city if you live in the interior? I live in Kamloops, BC it's around 80.000 people here not such a small city but I wonder if we will have to drive to Vancouver or Kelowna for that? Anybody from BC knows?
That is a good question, I am not entirely sure. But the CIC only list Kelowna as your closest office, so that might in fact be the case - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#bc

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys! :(

my sister applied for a visitor visa but she got denied today.but my parents got the visa !
i was hoping if i can do something to re apply again for my sister to come here and meet my wife!!
Thanks for your help!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
CanAusGal said:
That is a good question, I am not entirely sure. But the CIC only list Kelowna as your closest office, so that might in fact be the case - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#bc
Thanks for the answer!! I guess when my time come we'll have to go to Kelowna... It's 2 hours from here no big deal, it sucks for my husband though, he will have to take a day off from work... Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do!! We at least can enjoy the day and celebrate :) I'm from the August application list, so lot's of wait for me yet!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
ericc said:
Many Congratulations for who got good news.
@ cililoca
I felt sad too!!!! I am done with looking at it, may be some peeps 5th April.
I know right? You get your hopes up and start counting the "time" you would have your application processed... Oh well time to go back to what I've been doing!!

finebaby

Dec 19, 2011
canadiancitizen said:
Guys, I am hysterically happy.. my hubby just call me to tell me that he received Landing letter, for April 10, 2012 @ 13h00 in Montreal. 1 day after our wedding anniversary!!!...
woooow Awesome news and great anniversary present..... more happiness in ur marriage now and forever. how long have u bn married? i am so happy for you guys :)

wery

Aug 31, 2011
Hi everyone!

I just came back from my landing interview and everything went very smooth. Exactly the same as people explains in the forum.

I landed in Calgary and everyone was very polite and professional. We got there early and there was only one person in line.

After waiting for 10 minutes, they made me pay the fees first ($490!) I payed with credit card no problem.

After that, they made us wait another 10 minutes until they called me and my wife to a room and the immigration officer asked us the typical questions (Has anything changed? have you commited any crime? etc.) and made me sign a document.

Then she took my passport and stamped it, told me congratulations ans shaked our hands and then she gave me a piece of paper with the confirmation of permanent residence and told me that I will receive the final document in 8 or 10 weeks.

She also took my workpermit away because she said that I don't need one anymore :) and told me that I had to get my permanent SIN number. Because in Calgary the office to get the SIN number is in the same building I did right away.

So seems like I am all done! I just have to wait until I get the real documents and then renew this every 5 years that should be much easier!

Good luck to everyone!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wery said:
Hi everyone!

I just came back from my landing interview and everything went very smooth. Exactly the same as people explains in the forum.

I landed in Calgary and everyone was very polite and professional. We got there early and there was only one person in line.

After waiting for 10 minutes, they made me pay the fees first ($490!) I payed with credit card no problem.

After that, they made us wait another 10 minutes until they called me and my wife to a room and the immigration officer asked us the typical questions (Has anything changed? have you commited any crime? etc.) and made me sign a document.

Then she took my passport and stamped it, told me congratulations ans shaked our hands and then she gave me a piece of paper with the confirmation of permanent residence and told me that I will receive the final document in 8 or 10 weeks.

She also took my workpermit away because she said that I don't need one anymore :) and told me that I had to get my permanent SIN number. Because in Calgary the office to get the SIN number is in the same building I did right away.

So seems like I am all done! I just have to wait until I get the real documents and then renew this every 5 years that should be much easier!

Good luck to everyone!
Thank you for sharing your landing experience!

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Hi people, just a poll.

How many of you guys hired a lawyer to process your inland application?

And did you send Police Certificate with/without the application?

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
Missha, yes I hired a lawyer for the process. I needed police certificates from four countries, and I sent my application with two of them. I sent the other two later, when they arrived.

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
We used a law consultant and I kind of regret it. This forum really helps you understand what is needed. We did not send our police check with application because law consultant dint want to since it would expire. We are waiting until we get aip to send it if requested. Again not sure this is the best thing because it may take more time. If I were you, if u have the time I would do this process on your own so that you have total control. Hope that helps! And congrats to everyone with the good news and input!

Jewels

Aug 9, 2010
No lawyer. I sent my police check (FBI) in with the application. It was just, or almost, expired by the time they stared working on my application though. They didn't seem to care. Based on my experience it's probably best to send everything, including the Right of PR fee, from the get go.

Does anyone know if I can get a job before I have the actual, physical, SIN and/or PR card? I have the paper from the Service Canada guy with my SIN and a COPR. Enough?